Ethics Commitee Meeting Tomorrow (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

Nothing in the Telegraph this morning. How strange.

Well, I think it scotches a few rumours regarding the shenanigans from both sides. We do now know it definitely WAS Anne Lucas who used the infamous "hell freezing over" comment.

It's no surprise they did a deal with Wasps as there was no way the Council were going to sell to the City's own football club.

Grendel

Well, I think it scotches a few rumours regarding the shenanigans from both sides. We do now know it definitely WAS Anne Lucas who used the infamous "hell freezing over" comment.

It's no surprise they did a deal with Wasps as there was no way the Council were going to sell to the City's own football club.

Strange how quiet this thread is - thought fans would be all over it.

Instead I'm sure "what's done is done lets just move on" will be the favoured slogan.

Nick

Administrator

There is this now - http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/live-coventry-council-ethics-committee-10523158

torchomatic

Nick

Administrator

Instead I'm sure "what's done is done lets just move on" will be the favoured slogan.

It will be busy later after the council say the council did nothing wrong and it is all put down to SISU trying to ruin the team's good form or something.

torchomatic

lifeskyblue

I don't pretend to know the 'ins' and 'outs' of this and therefore those with far greater knowledge or any entrenched view (either side) will quickly shoot me down but In my opinion all sides have badly let down the people of Coventry, the football club and the fans.
I haven't lived in cov for 37years but am still a season ticket holder. Therefore some parts of the debate affect me more/less than others.
At some point Grendel all will have to move on...a definitive court ruling where there is no further appeal or one side realising carrying on the fight means you lose more than you can ever potentially gain etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Similarly, the NOPMers should "move on", turn up and cheer the team they apparently support.

At some point Grendel all will have to move on...a definitive court ruling where there is no further appeal or one side realising carrying on the fight means you lose more than you can ever potentially gain etc.

lifeskyblue

Similarly, the NOPMers should "move on", turn up and cheer the team they apparently support.

I agree. The problem all round is bridges have been burnt and continue to be burnt. Entrenched positions are difficult to walk away from but all sides and some point must otherwise this situation will remain as confused, muddied and destructive as it has been

martcov

It is a clash of "profiles". Joy " majored in real estate " and Mutton " majored on a real estate ".

Nick

Administrator
Additional documents Sisu want to submit amount to “probably 20 sheets of paper” according to Ms Morris.These additional documents could disrupt the flow of the meeting, because they are not public and the committee might have to go into private session. Ms Morris says they are documents that have been referred to in open court already.
Coun Clifford says he’s reluctant to go into private, bu tis advised that’s the correct procedure. The committee needs to see the documents before the session progresses.
Committee had adjourned. We have to clear the room.

torchomatic

LOL, etc etc

He said: “I want to be fair to all parties about this.”

He says to Sisu reps: “I don’t want you to leave here today, whatever the decision is, feeling you’ve been unfairly treated.”

olderskyblue

He says to Sisu reps: “I don’t want you to leave here today, whatever the decision is, feeling you’ve been unfairly treated.”

Translates as "you will be unfairly treated" ?? ;)

oops, just seen torch's post...

Skyblueweeman

It's quite exciting this...a bit like a glorified Jeremy Kyle show...

Jezza: "Well Ann and John, you didn't want to deal with them did you, did you? You wanted hell to freeze over before doing a deal with them, didn't you? Hell to freeze over. And as for you Joy, I don't know what you're smirking at...you moved a club 34 miles away to upset the loyal fans, didn't you, didn't you."

"Join me after the break when we continue to un-wrangle this Coventry sized mess".

Camera pans out to Simon taking notes/delivering coffee....

lifeskyblue

It's quite exciting this...a bit like a glorified Jeremy Kyle show...

Jezza: "Well Ann and John, you didn't want to deal with them did you, did you? You wanted hell to freeze over before doing a deal with them, didn't you? Hell to freeze over. And as for you Joy, I don't know what you're smirking at...you moved a club 34 miles away to upset the loyal fans, didn't you, didn't you."

"Join me after the break when we continue to un-wrangle this Coventry sized mess".

Camera pans out to Simon taking notes/delivering coffee....

The awful thing weeman is you are probably spot on

Captain Dart

True, but you've plainly made your mind up already.

Plainly you've already made your mind up about my conclusions.

Actually I only have a view about Reid's article, I read that but not the rest of it.

However I do think that media attacks on both Sepalla and Lucas are only to be expected, just part of the usual shit storm in a controversial issue.

Captain Dart

Sbarcher

Seems like the CC Councillors who made the decisions are also sitting at the Ethics Meeting. Every chance of a fair outcome then!!!!!!!!!!

Nick

Administrator
However I do think that media attacks on both Sepalla and Lucas are only to be expected, just part of the usual shit storm in a controversial issue.

So when you look at the evidence, the outcome that there was no PR attacks found is a bit strange? Especially as it is there in emails that they were doing it.

Nick

Administrator
CVDprdCXIAAtpnb.jpg

IS that Brian fella a witness or anything?

jimmyhillsfanclub

Can someone with more info & time than me forward this lot over to Private Eye.....should make a good follow up piece to the rotten borough article....

....Heads should roll!

torchomatic

But upshot of call is that they want to go after Seppala (and sideline <redacted>)

<redacted> - they are keen on us building up a new timeline to set out a PR attack on Joy. So taking Friday as the earliest point at which they'd attack.

Someone's been busy with their black pen.

torchomatic

I think we need to discuss this Joy thing as a WS team. I don't really want to get into mud-slinging from ACL as I think that starts to eat away at credibility with fans.

<redacted> were discussing suggesting a meeting in public , chaired by Cov Telegraph editor or similar, to thrash out the deal and put Joy in the spotlight.

Users who are viewing this thread