Eric black (1 Viewer)

he was invited by CCFPA for legends day but said he was already coming in another capacity,but wouldn't say
According to CWR the club intend to announce the new manager on Friday of next week so maybe just maybe that "another capacity" just maybe as manager!

Despite the flack Steve Kean got from the fans at Blackburn he didn't do a bad job IMHO and left with the club 2nd in the Championship.:claping hands:

He was also sacked as Colemans no.2 by SISU (albeit under Ranson) to make way for Barry Chuckle lookalike, Steve Harrison

On the positive side, at least SISU wouldn't let any "Kean Out" banners in the Ricoh

Gaz

I'v never been one to call for Black to become our new manager every time we need a new one.
But this time round after seeing who is available currently, I don't think it would be a bad shout.

I know he applied for the Blackburn job, so maybe he would be interested in ours.
Who knows.

Nonleagueherewecome

I'd rather have Black than Kean.

SkyblueBazza

He was also sacked as Colemans no.2 by SISU (albeit under Ranson) to make way for Barry Chuckle lookalike, Steve Harrison

On the positive side, at least SISU wouldn't let any "Kean Out" banners in the Ricoh

Maybe we should look for someone named "Tits/Balls/Teeth" as the next manager. Surely they'd let us have our banners then? :-?

Fluffsta

I would love to see Black back but I very much doubt he would come back. Enjoyed his attractive attacking football.

Godiva

im always up to taking him just so we can end the "would he have been the messiah" debate once and for all.

But it would be a second coming ...

rupert_bear

Never been in the bring back Black camp and at the time Eric Black was sacked i wasn't that bothered, for me he was a win one lose one manager. When Peter Reid was appointed lets be honest that appointment was fairly well recieved Reid had a good record at Sunderland and a provern record of re-building clubs and getting them promotion, how wrong was that. We need stability and someone to build a bit of a dynasty, unfortunately Mark Robins would never have been that man and was always using us as a stepping stone. None of the so called list of probables jump out at me and i see the likes of Owen Coyle being wooed away eventially.

Eric Black's record at Brum and Sunderland under Brucie was good as was his time at Blackburn with Steve Keene, could a Keene/Black partnership be our dream team.
Thats what this club needs and both know their way round the club so why not.

sky blue john

Its a lottery as always but having voted for MR last time i might be on a roll.
Out of all the candidates mentioned none fill me with confidence.
Since Black has been away he has gathered far more experiance and if he has applied for the job then its a no brainer but as i said its still a lottery.

rupert_bear

He was replaced by someone who became known as monkey, but don't let anyone fool you at the time Peter Reid was seen by many as a decent appointment with a recent provern record, proved to be no good

Lecko

Black is 50/1 on Bet Victor this morning, Kean is 66/1 if the idea of him being manager and Black as his number 2 is a theory?

Well worth a few quid!

Users who are viewing this thread