Eric black (1 Viewer)

Cbaker89

Would love him back the way he was treated was poor when he left an fans always held him in high regard. Would love him back!! Get us scoring again :p

ajsccfc

Why not. Either he'll be a success or put an end to his name coming up every time there's a vacancy.

covcity4life

is he with a club at the moment?

im always up to taking him just so we can end the "would he have been the messiah" debate once and for all.

torchomatic

There's no doubt he was great at the time and he was unfairly treated, but I wouldn't want him back. Let's just have fond memories of the time he was here. There's no guarantee he'd be able to recreate those times now.

Mucca Mad Boys

Not at a club, can we finally get him!?

I think it'll be inspiring, but I got a feeling he wouldn't be as good as we'd all think.

Walking Bird

He was at Blackburn last with Kean, I think he was let go along with him.

Think he got the Heave Ho by those Chicken nutters in order to bring Henning Berg in.

fernandopartridge

He wasn't all that. He was as inconsistent as anybody and his team ultimately failed when it came to big games. We had Wigan, West Brom and somebody else to play to be in with a real shot at the play offs and didn't really turn up for any of them. No thanks.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Twiddling his thumbs at the moment. He could be tempted? :thinking about:

Delboycov

Would be a potentially disastrous appointment imho. Hadn't managed a club before and hasn't been a permanant manager since and even by his own admission he isn't comfortable as the boss and prefers to be a number 2. Yes we played some great football in the little time he was here but we also played very poorly in a number of his games and I think it's easy in hindsight just to remember the good days and forget the bad. Apart from when it comes to Strachan of course who gave us the most entertaining CCFC side since 1978 and yet is widely regarded as our worst ever manager. Football's moved on......we've moved on (or down) and I honestly think he would probably fail miserably although at least it would stop the endless calls for Black to be appointed every 12 months when we're looking for a new manager.

ccfcway

46% win record as Cov manager in Championship
Robins record in the championship was 31%

Lost 1 in 6 when managing Blackburn the season

theferret

Black would be an ideal temporary solution to the end of the season and then take it from there. Wouldn't be against that at all.

theferret

..apart from when it comes to Strachan of course who gave us the most entertaining CCFC side since 1978 and yet is widely regarded as our worst ever manager...

Yeah, the season we were relegated was epic, as was the start to our Championship campaign. And let's not forget going a whole season without winning away from home. You accuse others of having rose tinted spectacles? There were good moments under Strachan and he was far from our worst manager - but he is also the only manager in our recent history that had serious amounts of money to spend.

Talk about the best since 78? John Sillett, consecutive finishes of 10th, 10th, 7th & 12th in the top flight and an FA Cup win to boot. And then we sacked him :facepalm:. Forgive me, but those times were far more 'exciting' than the Strachan era.

Colonel Mustard

Would love to see Eric return. He checks all the boxes:

1. has had success at CCFC in the manager's role
2. is out of work
3. apparently lives locally

Warwickhunt

Might be worth a squeek on BET365

covhead1

Interesting thought, but i don't think it will happen

would'nt mind if it did tho.

Otis

q
He wasn't all that. He was as inconsistent as anybody and his team ultimately failed when it came to big games. We had Wigan, West Brom and somebody else to play to be in with a real shot at the play offs and didn't really turn up for any of them. No thanks.

Quite unfair to be honest. Not saying I want him but Black himself said about those very two games that we lacked physicality and he was very aware of it and it was something he identified as needing addressing in the Summer. You can hardly blame him for an inherited squad.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Delboycov

Yeah, the season we were relegated was epic, as was the start to our Championship campaign. And let's not forget going a whole season without winning away from home. You accuse others of having rose tinted spectacles? There were good moments under Strachan and he was far from our worst manager - but he is also the only manager in our recent history that had serious amounts of money to spend.

Talk about the best since 78? John Sillett, consecutive finishes of 10th, 10th, 7th & 12th in the top flight and an FA Cup win to boot. And then we sacked him :facepalm:. Forgive me, but those times were far more 'exciting' than the Strachan era.

Don't know about 'rose tinted spectacles' but I reckon you could do with putting on a pair of any variety if you read that I said that it was the "best since 78"! If you put your glasses on you'll see I said it was the most entertaining since 78...we were even tagged "The Entertainers" you may remember that. The season we were relegated certainly wasn't "epic"...never said it was but for a lot of his reign it was the most exciting time to support City apart from 87 in my 35 years of being a fan. As for having money to spend it's all relative and he built 3 decent sides that provided me with maybe 4 or 5 of my all time favourite games. Yes he stayed too long and at times was a stubborn prick but I'm glad he managed us and give me a Strachan over a 'nuts and bolts' Coleman or a Aidy Hoofroyd any day of the week!

Houchens Head

C'mon Deano! Keep us informed! Why is he here??

Houchens Head

Most interesting.............
Maybe one of the short-listed candidates?

Ccfcisparks

I can't imagine they would of invited him along next week unless it was all done and dusted OR they are going to keep interviewing next week and he is in the top 3

Users who are viewing this thread