eric black on talksport (1 Viewer)

theferret

Why do those opposed to Black seem to think the rest of us look back on his time with rose tinted specs? I don't, I remember the crushing disappointment of that defeat at Wigan very well (but I also remember Wigan were a good side and that conditions that day were awful and that it was a total lottery).

He did a good job in his spell as manager, he has spent the last 10 years working at the top level of the game in this country and he appears to be very well respected. Crucially, it now seems he is ready for a management position again. No-brainer for me. Like somebody else said, I'm not sure what boxes he doesn't tick.

Nonleagueherewecome

People would gave to realise that he wouldn't have anywhere near the quality of players he had back then. I cant see Bell flying the wings like Richie Partridge did or Jennings pulling the strings in midfield like Craig Hignett ! ;)

Woah, big miss with the facts there! Hignett played for us in 2002, a year before Black arrived as Assistant Manager. He had a much smaller budget than most of our managers since relegation and achieved a lot more. McSheffrey and Joachim were both listed and forced to train at The Memorial Park by McAllister: nobody wanted them. Black brought them back into the fold and turned them into one of the most prolific strike partnerships in the division. His main creative player was Bjarni Gudjonsson, a loan signing from fellow Championship strugglers Stoke, where he couldn't get in the side. His RB was Andrew Whing. His big signing was Eric "Pele" Delemoux for about 50k.

If there is a manager who took a squad of outcasts and cast-off's and turned it into a flee-flowing football side, it's Eric Black. He worked absolute wonders. And I'm not even one of his biggest fans!

cyril

Good post fella. People have short memories.
For me if he's keen then he's our best and most realistic option

CODY!!!

He wont be the next manager, he will price himself out of the water because he knows the fans want him. SISU will go with the cheaper option around at the time.

Intresting on how stern on money SISU are for you, when we could have signed a certain proven goal scorer on a free 2 or 3 seasons ago. We offered him 12k a week but this well known player wanted 13k a week. We said no out of principle. Just shows that no matter what, SISU will always have the final word. This player has gone on to score goals after goal after goals in the championship since.

Eric Black to be announced manager on Friday until the end of the season with a possible contract extension based on whatever progress he is deemed to have achieved.
Afraid I can't give out any more info but remember you heard it here first.;);)

covcity4life

Eric Black to be announced manager on Friday until the end of the season with a possible contract extension based on whatever progress he is deemed to have achieved.

source? you can be vague

kingharvest

After leading us to promotion following an unbeaten run - whilst in turn playing some of the best football ever seen, he will be sacked in the summer in favour of a washed up Peter Reid

Users who are viewing this thread