Environmental protesters get sorted! (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

the hit and runner could argue he’s a green protestor and is doing his bit by reducing the population

Then the oxygen thief should take his own life rather than someone who understands that we’re not doing enough.

clint van damme

My mum was rushed into hospital with a stroke last weekend. I was in Shropshire at the time and had a desperately fraught journey back to Walsgrave Hospital, not knowing what I was going to be walking into.

Had I been held up by protesters, I doubt I’d be able to control my anger and the thought of running a few down would probably have entered my head. I wonder if the protesters consider the effects of their actions under circumstances such as this...

shit one. Been through this myself.
Hope she makes a full recovery.

Grendel

well you’ve said a consequence of a hard border could be renewed violence. It is of course I’m sure you’d agree unacceptable and the scum that did enact violence should be punished

what’s the difference in people receiving violence when they are stopping trains and blocking roads (well it’s minor and not against democracy) - it’s an inevitable consequence isn’t it?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Of course I'm all for protesting against racist scum. Disrupting a football match by walking off and bringing a whole city to a standstill, are worlds apart. The game can either restart or be rearranged. People trying to get to work/school/hospital/doctors etc can't be reimbursed! That is their day totally fucked up. Missed doctors and hospital appointments cost the NHS millions per year. How many hundreds were missed because of these mindless morons? And by the way, the UK can cut it's carbon emissions down to near zero and so become carbon neutral, at no extra cost if done gradually from 2019 to 2050, so why do we need to be told about the dangers of carbon emissions when we all know about it? The world will keep turning. :banghead:

The world will keep turning if we let people get away with racism/homophobia and sexism too. Doesn't mean we should just ignore it.

When I was a school people were saying with green technology and changes in lifestyles we could sort out the environmental problem by 2020. It hasn't happened - it's got worse. Climate science has shown this to be a problem since the 70's, yet we've got people in charge of the US who refuse to acknowledge human beings have anything to do with the issue. Religion is a massive problem with it, because those that believe in a God controlling everything think it doesn't make the blind bit of difference because God will decide. Nations like China, India and Brazil are blatantly ignoring the science purely for economic growth. Even we've taken money from green industries and put it into environmentally unfriendly things like fracking, nuclear and fossil fuels.

People now are saying it'll be done in another quarter of a century, but historic evidence shows it won't happen. It's just used as a way to appease people and then the industries just carry on as per. Those that have influence are far too self-centred and/or short-termist to recognise the danger.

This isn't a problem that will sort itself overnight but it needs protests to make sure stuff is actually done, not just having lip service paid to it. For too long we've heard that 'things are being done, but it will take 10-20 to have an effect" so people have accepted their word, 10-20 years have passed and virtually nothing has changed. So they need to make people take notice. The Civil Rights movement caused disruption to people in America, Was it justifiable disruption, or just cunts causing problems? The world would've kept on turning without it.....

Users who are viewing this thread