Entrenched (2 Viewers)

The Gentleman

Am I missing the part where I said it was? It is when SOME people are against us being moved out of Coventry and won't give any money because it is wrong but find it ok to give another club money that has been moved away and "franchised".

Maybe that is because they are Cov fans who support Cov and not AFC Wimbledon for fucks sake. Believe it or not but some Cov fans couldn't give a shite about AFC Wimbledon, MK Dons, Rotherham, Brighton or any other club who has had problems and that is because they support Coventry City FC and only Coventry City FC and want to watch our football team home and away. For some reason you seem to take great delight (otherwise why else would you keep flogging a dead horse) in bringing this up at any given opportunity and therefore slagging fellow Cov fans as hypocrites, but hey, if that makes you feel good about knocking fellow Cov fans then you carry on, even though the majority probably don't care about AFC Wimbledon's plight but do care about wanting to watch Coventry City FC play a home match in Coventry.

Astute

No movement.
No sway.
No understanding.
No sympathy.
No change.

No fūcking point arguing really if you're arguments are so set in stone.

What a waste of my cell phone battery.

One of the best descriptions of SISUE so far.

shmmeee

No movement.
No sway.
No understanding.
No sympathy.
No change.

No fūcking point arguing really if you're arguments are so set in stone.

What a waste of my cell phone battery.

Have you actually got an argument? I've just seen you ranting about things that happened in the 90s.

shmmeee

Maybe that is because they are Cov fans who support Cov and not AFC Wimbledon for fucks sake. Believe it or not but some Cov fans couldn't give a shite about AFC Wimbledon, MK Dons, Rotherham, Brighton or any other club who has had problems and that is because they support Coventry City FC and only Coventry City FC and want to watch our football team home and away. For some reason you seem to take great delight (otherwise why else would you keep flogging a dead horse) in bringing this up at any given opportunity and therefore slagging fellow Cov fans as hypocrites, but hey, if that makes you feel good about knocking fellow Cov fans then you carry on, even though the majority probably don't care about AFC Wimbledon's plight but do care about wanting to watch Coventry City FC play a home match in Coventry.

The bigger point is it's only people like him who even think its hypocritical. Every AFC fan I know (a couple) plus all the ones who came on here seemed happy with us going and taking over MK Dons. Since Wimbledon started up I don't think there's been an active boycott to go against.

It's this kind of ridiculous argument despite the facts that marks someone out as either a WUM or a bit simple.

shmmeee

No, the same would be for me to refuse to go to an away game at a shared ground because I didn't agree with ground sharing and then going to Sixfields the next week to watch us play a "home" game.

I don't think anyone on here has ever had an issue with ground sharing in principle Nick.

Let me spell it out for you. There is an active boycott of Sixfields by the majority of CCFC fans.

There is no active boycott of any other team by CCFC fans.

AFAIK there is no active boycott by ANY other clubs fans at the moment.

If you go to Sixfields you are acting contrary to the opinions of the majority of City fans.

If you go anywhere else it has nothing to do with anything.

The only hypocrites are those who claim to oppose our ground share yet support it by going.

Otis

The bigger point is it's only people like him who even think its hypocritical. Every AFC fan I know (a couple) plus all the ones who came on here seemed happy with us going and taking over MK Dons. Since Wimbledon started up I don't think there's been an active boycott to go against.

It's this kind of ridiculous argument despite the facts that marks someone out as either a WUM or a bit simple.

It's a very fair point. Were there AFC Wimbledon fans coming on here and asking City fans to boycott the game?

I do understand what Nick is saying and personally I wouldn't have felt comfortable attending the Milton Keynes game as I felt the relocating of the Dons was entirely wrong.

I do also say though, I find it slightly hypocritical if City fans are totally opposed to our relocation to Northampton for a few seasons, but then still attend Sixfields.

letsallsingtogether

Correct AFCW themselves went to the MK stadium.
So if City had a reply in the FA cup against AFCW would they have boycotted going to Sixfields?
I think not, most other supporters don,t give a fuck about anything except there own team and the others will do nothing to help.

I don't think anyone on here has ever had an issue with ground sharing in principle Nick.

Let me spell it out for you. There is an active boycott of Sixfields by the majority of CCFC fans.

If you go to Sixfields you are acting contrary to the opinions of the majority of City fans.

The only hypocrites are those who claim to oppose our ground share yet support it by going.

letsallsingtogether

To be fair Otis I understand your stance, but most that moaned about the MK Dons game have been to at least one Sixfields game and are trying to shift their shame onto others.

It's a very fair point. Were there AFC Wimbledon fans coming on here and asking City fans to boycott the game?

I do understand what Nick is saying and personally I wouldn't have felt comfortable attending the Milton Keynes game as I felt the relocating of the Dons was entirely wrong.

I do also say though, I find it slightly hypocritical if City fans are totally opposed to our relocation to Northampton for a few seasons, but then still attend Sixfields.

covmark

To be fair Otis I understand your stance, but most that moaned about the MK Dons game have been to at least one Sixfields game and are trying to shift their shame onto others.
Shame??? Dear oh dear, why should fans feel ashamed about going to watch a football match? They believe they are doing the right thing, no need for them to feel ashamed imo.

italiahorse

Shame??? Dear oh dear, why should fans feel ashamed about going to watch a football match? They believe they are doing the right thing, no need for them to feel ashamed imo.

People who attend can expect some attention from the 90% who have withheld their support in the vain attempt to get Sisu to change there mind on ground share and stadium.
Pretty sure that zero attendance would make then think twice about a new stadium.

Not sure ashamed is the right word but a few are certainly trying to justify what they are doing by bringing up MK Dons and the large attendance.

Otis

Wouldn't say they believe they are doing the right thing, just that they feel they want to watch their football team play football.

covmark

Wouldn't say they believe they are doing the right thing, just that they feel they want to watch their football team play football.
fair point, although I think some believe they're helping to keep the club alive.

Delboycov

Exactly...I have a couple of mates who go even though they feel that by attending they might be prolonging our exile but their desire to support a young team outweighs the 'guilt' they may have. I have no problem with their reasons...The people who give me the hump are those such as the woman who was on CWR after the Peterborough game when asked by SL "you'd much rather be back in Coventry at the Ricoh though wouldn't you?" replied "I'm not bothered really,we like it here"...For me supporters like that might be Sky Blues fans but they're not COVENTRY fans!

Nick

Administrator

So by active boycott does that mean waiting for the trust or somebody to tell you whether you can go or not or just doing what the majority do?

Are you really saying it's ok to go to mk dons because a couple of afc wimbledon fans give permission?

I'm not saying anything is wrong or right, people can and will do as they please but when people come on here preaching what is right and wrong and then take a u turn. How can somebody keep telling others not to give sisu money because they have moved us away and franchised us yet give mk dons money. Surely they don't need somebody to tell them whether it is active or not?

All of this starve them out by not giving then a penny, they will have leave if we don't give them any money, anybody who gives them money is evil but where do I collect my barnsley ticket. If we got man utd away there would be nopm people on here moaning they couldn't a ticket.

It isn't every body, I'm far from saying that.

I am just waiting for the protest about sisu changing our colours so that I can protest by buying a red cardiff shirt.

People keep going on about tim fisher being smug, nothing would make him smugger than taking the money from people filled with sisu hate shouting nopm.

covmark

Exactly...I have a couple of mates who go even though they feel that by attending they might be prolonging our exile but their desire to support a young team outweighs the 'guilt' they may have. I have no problem with their reasons...The people who give me the hump are those such as the woman who was on CWR after the Peterborough game when asked by SL "you'd much rather be back in Coventry at the Ricoh though wouldn't you?" replied "I'm not bothered really,we like it here"...For me supporters like that might be Sky Blues fans but they're not COVENTRY fans!
that is a shocking statement. How anyone can say they aren't bothered and they like it there, is beyond me.

Delboycov

that is a shocking statement. How anyone can say they aren't bothered and they like it there, is beyond me.

Couldn't believe it myself! As I said I do respect the vast majority who go merely to support a team they love which has been taken away from them...always thought that everyone...those who go or those who boycott...just want us back in Coventry asap. Clearly that isn't the case...

covspain

The same as hating Franchise Clubs but going to MK Dons I guess. ;)

The damage was done to Wimbledon years ago and nothing can change that now.AFC now has all the Wimbledon memorabilia e.t.c. and MK are not really associated with them anymore The Wimbledon supporters themselves know that and even though they are still understandably bitter about what happened when they drew MK in the cup they attended in great number so I don't think there's any reason for City fans to boycott

letsallsingtogether

Another supporter said it again yesterday they are now getting used to going and seem happy with the situation.:mad:
Couldn't believe it myself! As I said I do respect the vast majority who go merely to support a team they love which has been taken away from them...always thought that everyone...those who go or those who boycott...just want us back in Coventry asap. Clearly that isn't the case...

Otis

Another supporter said it again yesterday they are now getting used to going and seem happy with the situation.:mad:

Well that's my fear. Not that people will be happy with the situation, but that they will just get used to it and accept it and then after 3-5 years won't be too miffed if we don't move back at all.

ps1948

Did Linnel shoot them down in flames for saying such a thing? I agree totally that those who go make their own minds up to do so, but they should still be campaigning for, or at least actively supporting a move back to Coventry. If those people like it there so much, why don't they go and support Northampton instead?

Delboycov

Did Linnel shoot them down in flames for saying such a thing? I agree totally that those who go make their own minds up to do so, but they should still be campaigning for, or at least actively supporting a move back to Coventry. If those people like it there so much, why don't they go and support Northampton instead?

He passed no comment whatsoever which surprised me really as although I know there are those that go that are quite happy with the situation it was the 1st time I'd heard someone be quite so upfront about it on the radio.

valiant15

He passed no comment whatsoever which surprised me really as although I know there are those that go that are quite happy with the situation it was the 1st time I'd heard someone be quite so upfront about it on the radio.

They're total dicks.

These people have got the club they deserve.

J

Jack Griffin

At some point you have got to draw a line under it & get on with life.. and at some point Wimbledon will pass MK and be playing in a higher league..

letsallsingtogether

Yes your right I am not quite ready to give up but won't be long.

At some point you have got to draw a line under it & get on with life.. and at some point Wimbledon will pass MK and be playing in a higher league..

dongonzalos

Am I missing the part where I said it was? It is when SOME people are against us being moved out of Coventry and won't give any money because it is wrong but find it ok to give another club money that has been moved away and "franchised".

Some people are against us been moved out of Coventry.
So will not go to where we have been moved to.
Others are outraged by it then go.

Users who are viewing this thread