Entrance Music (1 Viewer)

Malaka

Drummer from napalm death from wood end I believe? Weren’t the rest brummies?

Other Cov bands - primitives (crash being most well known), king (obvious), blitzkrieg zone 2020 (lol, anyone?), the selecter, lieutenant pigeon erm - bolt thrower?!

What a rich musical heritage we have to choose from…
Most of them were from Meridan and Cov

shmmeee

With the exception of how we used to do it- maybe 30 secs after the goal and the celebrations were starting to die down there was a short blast of the sky blue song, literally 3/4 seconds followed by the legendary Jim Twynehan announcing the goalscorer.. really added to it, not a distraction

Agreed, though I’d class that more as an accompaniment to the goal scorer announcement than a song like say Chelsea Dagger is used.

Reactions: COV

Sky Blue Harry H

It’s Dire Straits isn’t it?

Local band, see, connection to the club and the city 👍

Yep - the summer before Cov-id struck, my sister in law bought me a ticket for a Mark Knopffler concert in Newcastle, so that my brother and I could have a reunion (hadn't seen each other for a while). He played this song and there was a fantastic 'response' from the audience.

Great_Expectations

Not too sure what they came out to on Saturday. Not sure if it’s just my memory, and I wasn’t especially paying attention, but it seemed to be a mash of different songs, some Cov related and some just popular football related songs?

Users who are viewing this thread