Entrance Music (1 Viewer)

COV

Because most music from Cov isn’t exactly entrance music TBH.

And I guess “You’ll Never Walk Alone” is? Or the Newcastle one referenced above? Or the Chip Butty Song at Sheff Utd? Or Z Cars at Everton?

All of those work precisely because they symbolise the pride in the club and the city the club is in.

It’s not the WWF, should we give out huge foam fingers as well? None of the choreographed, banal stuff- for me it’s a local song or the Sky Blue Song, the version they played at HR, only me but there isn’t a song in the world that gets my blood pumping for a match more than that one. They sing along to the entrance music at Anfield and Sheff Utd, who’s going to sing along to “I never eat a pig because a pig is a cop?”

Last edited:

shmmeee

And I guess “You’ll Never Walk Alone” is?

It’s not the WWF, should we give out huge foam fingers as well?

That’s their song though like the sky blue song is ours.

I don’t see why music that pumps the crowd up a bit is seen as specifically American TBH. But come on, half the Cov based suggestions aren’t either singalong like YNWA or pump up.

I like enjoy yourself for after a win and am all for Cov based music generally at HT and before games, I just think music can also play a part in getting a crowd going. That’s why DJs are a thing.

There seems to be an idea that anything but 1960s rattles and bovril is some attempt at destroying great British culture.

COV

That’s their song though like the sky blue song is ours.

I don’t see why music that pumps the crowd up a bit is seen as specifically American TBH. But come on, half the Cov based suggestions aren’t either singalong like YNWA or pump up.

I like enjoy yourself for after a win and am all for Cov based music generally at HT and before games, I just think music can also play a part in getting a crowd going. That’s why DJs are a thing.

There seems to be an idea that anything but 1960s rattles and bovril is some attempt at destroying great British culture.

Don’t think I’m having a go at you by the way, I’m not- I’m just in the ‘local music before the match’ camp that’s all.

shmmeee

Don’t think I’m having a go at you by the way, I’m not- I’m just in the ‘local music before the match’ camp that’s all.

If there was something then fine, but the Enemy can fuck off and most of the Specials while great tracks aren’t exactly pump up a crowd music.

My favourite is still Mr Blue Sky but that’s probably just because I’ve made that association in my head. The classic Eton boating song is a fucking dirge compared to a crowd just singing it a capella.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Cathedral and Napalm Death are pretty local

I like the lyrics to this little number. We could all sing along to this

Drummer from napalm death from wood end I believe? Weren’t the rest brummies?

Other Cov bands - primitives (crash being most well known), king (obvious), blitzkrieg zone 2020 (lol, anyone?), the selecter, lieutenant pigeon erm - bolt thrower?!

What a rich musical heritage we have to choose from…

Reactions: COV

shmmeee

There’s a bit more to Cov music than that

giphy.gif

rob9872

I heard Trish mention Big Fun the other day. Think she said the lad from Cov in it was dead but could have misheard.

jordan210

Pretty disappointed no ones gone for Panjabi MC or King - Love & Pride if we are keeping it from coventry.

Non cov wise

Red Hot Chilli Peppers – Can’t Stop, But has to be timed perfectly to players coming out tunnel and fireworks

Go old school with 2 Unlimited – Get Ready For This

Samo

What team is it that comes out to one of the themes from Star Wars? Tottenham I think?
Running with the theme I propose

And why not dress the players in comedy Charlie Chaplin outfits?

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

Malaka

Other Cov bands - primitives (crash being most well known), king (obvious), blitzkrieg zone 2020 (lol, anyone?), the selecter, lieutenant pigeon erm - bolt thrower?!

Don't forget Frank Ifield, Vince Hill, Jigsaw and the Sorrows

JAM See

I repeat. Dr. Who theme.

Delia Derbyshire is a much ignored musical genius from Coventry.

Northants Sky Blue

I'm not sure if Pete Chambers is a City fan but he could prob list dozens of suitable Cov and Warks related-tracks off top of his head.

My vote would definitely be The Specials but there's probably only a couple of tracks fit for a walk-on

WestEndAgro

I'm not sure if Pete Chambers is a City fan but he could prob list dozens of suitable Cov and Warks related-tracks off top of his head.

My vote would definitely be The Specials but there's probably only a couple of tracks fit for a walk-on
As previously mentioned "Guns of Navarone" is the most suitable, could also be Goal music, if we are still doing that?
Chelsea use "One Step Beyond" after a win, and it goes off big time.

JAM See

to the point where a movie is being made that features her, 'sisters with transistors'
It came out last year. She was somewhat peripheral.

I stand by my point though. She should be celebrated a lot more.

Reactions: COV

ProfessorbyGrace

I’m surprised we haven’t had “It’s For Life, Son” thrust upon us since it’s inception in...2000?
Give it a dubstep makeover and chuck it on at halftime for a laugh. 👍

COV

With you on this. Goals are spontaneous and need no pumping up (unless you’re 4-0 up or something).

With the exception of how we used to do it- maybe 30 secs after the goal and the celebrations were starting to die down there was a short blast of the sky blue song, literally 3/4 seconds followed by the legendary Jim Twynehan announcing the goalscorer.. really added to it, not a distraction

JAM See

With the exception of how we used to do it- maybe 30 secs after the goal and the celebrations were starting to die down there was a short blast of the sky blue song, literally 3/4 seconds followed by the legendary Jim Twynehan announcing the goalscorer.. really added to it, not a distraction
That man had a wonderful voice. Sadly missed.

Users who are viewing this thread