Entrance Music (1 Viewer)

wingy

I reckon this Banger could work , see if it does what it says on the tin .

shmmeee

Can they stop the music blasting out at mind shredding volume to the queues outside - that just made the wait horrible and increased tension.

It was far too loud for the system, completely distorted. I don’t mind the sound being pumped outside, just get the levels right.

mark82

I didn’t realise it was written and made famous by a Glaswegian band

Was written by Rodgers & Hammerstein for Carousel TBF. Was when Gerry & the Pacemakers covered it that Liverpool adopted it (1963), after Gerry sent a copy to Shankly. Celtic took it back shortly after a game with Liverpool (European Cup semi final in 1966).

Brighton Sky Blue

Was written by Rodgers & Hammerstein for Carousel TBF. Was when Gerry & the Pacemakers covered it that Liverpool adopted it (1963), after Gerry sent a copy to Shankly. Celtic took it back shortly after a game with Liverpool (European Cup semi final in 1966).

You get my point

Hobo

giphy.gif
Another Iggy Pop suggestion 😂

Hobo

It was far too loud for the system, completely distorted. I don’t mind the sound being pumped outside, just get the levels right.

The Ricoh PA system has always been booming and crap.

KG7

They ran out to Mr Blue Sky didn't they? And then the Eton Boating song came in for the player announcements?

Worked well. You lot have no taste.

Reactions: TTG

Legia Sky Blue

I'm in the keep it Cov related camp, so given that culturally Cov is renowned for 2 tone musically it would make sense to go for that. Agree with the Guns of Navarone suggestions, but I would imagine that someone with mixing talent could put together a Specials/ Selecter mix that could work.

Reactions: COV

COV

I'm in the keep it Cov related camp, so given that culturally Cov is renowned for 2 tone musically it would make sense to go for that. Agree with the Guns of Navarone suggestions, but I would imagine that someone with mixing talent could put together a Specials/ Selecter mix that could work.

some of these suggestions are beyond weird. Think of all the teams who are renowned for what happens when the team comes out and they all have a song that belongs to them and nobody else.

playing back home in Coventry, a phoenix on the shirt, references to two spires on the shirt detail, Jimmy hill flags… and then some random shite song to run out to that has no connection to the club or the city whatsoever 🙈

Hutch11

some of these suggestions are beyond weird. Think of all the teams who are renowned for what happens when the team comes out and they all have a song that belongs to them and nobody else.

playing back home in Coventry, a phoenix on the shirt, references to two spires on the shirt detail, Jimmy hill flags… and then some random shite song to run out to that has no connection to the club or the city whatsoever 🙈

King - Alone without you
The intro would do

COV

Bump

just came across this on Twitter, would it work at the CBS or too cringe and try hard American?

There are 80,231 crammed into that stadium, in good weather, all pumped up, waiting to see a very successful team.

Try it in front of 13,000 stupefied middle-aged blokes in the freezing cold before a relegation battle v Blackpool and I don’t think it would be quite as much of a spectacle 🙈 I mean- can you picture grendel & co bouncing around to that? They’d put their hips out even before any mention of pigs & cops 👍

Definite no- what possible connection has that got with Coventry? Massively cringeworthy

Last edited:

Terry_dactyl

There are 80,231 crammed into that stadium, in good weather, all pumped up, waiting to see a very successful team.

Try it in front of 13,000 stupefied middle-aged blokes in the freezing cold before a relegation battle v Blackpool and I don’t think it would be quite as much of a spectacle 🙈

Definite no- what possible connection has that got with Coventry? Massively cringeworthy
You clearly never went to the Dog & Trumpet on a Saturday night in the 90s and watched the 16/17 year olds leaping around like good uns. 16/17 year olds who would now be middle aged!

I saw them. I was 14.

Bernie Rhodes Nose

I think Guns Of Navarone by the Specials ticks all the boxes:
1. It's Coventry
2. The book/film is about a band of renegades battling, against all the odds, against a greater foe.
3. It's got that thumping ska sound.
4. And no lyrics

Covkid1968#

1. It's Coventry
2. The book/film is about a band of renegades battling, against all the odds, against a greater foe.
4. And no lyrics
I’ve always said this… love the Specials version

rondog1973

1. It's Coventry
4. And no lyrics
Said this on here years ago.

Play original version as entrance music, more upbeat Specials version at end of the game (if we win!).

JAM See

The Doctor Who theme.

Credited to Ron Grainer but really the work of the mighty Delia Derbyshire (Barr's Hill girl)

skylark37

On a side note - does anyone know what the really cheesy 80s sax music is that Newcastle walk out to at St.James' Park?
Not that I like it. Just asking for a friend.
:/

COV

On a side note - does anyone know what the really cheesy 80s sax music is that Newcastle walk out to at St.James' Park?
Not that I like it. Just asking for a friend.
:/

It’s Dire Straits isn’t it?

Local band, see, connection to the club and the city 👍

Users who are viewing this thread