Enough is enough (1 Viewer)

DaleM

Totally agree Japandy, there's bugger all we can do about it now and we have to move forward.

There's a word for that . I think it's Appeasement .

Don't just give in because someone has apparently "Won". Carry on kicking,screaming and fighting until the correct , by majority reckoning , is achieved . Never in a democracy should a majority cave in to a minority.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

There's a word for that . I think it's Appeasement .

Don't just give in because someone has apparently "Won". Carry on kicking,screaming and fighting until the correct , by majority reckoning , is achieved . Never in a democracy should a majority cave in to a minority.
Not one of Tims theories

Flying Fokker

SISU will continue to leech off us, the fans. They need us so therefore a stay away campaign may speed up the demise of SISU. At the moment we don't have a club. We can all think back to our personal glory days. Mine was mid to late 1970's. The club have had fans stick with this 'underperforming' for decades. SISU over stepped the mark. They are the ones to blame for the fans refusing to go while SISU are in charge. Not sure I want to go over old ground but appeasing SISU now would be disastrous in the long term anyway. Their track record proves it.

Didn't read your post Dale M....it seems we share a similar view in terms of appeasement.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

I hate it when people criticize others just for the sake of criticism. Tim Fisher has had loads of it from everyone including me, but enough is enough.

ACL were the reason for our 10 points deduction but they continue to preach that they are the victim. How is this so?

I believe we as a club have no alternative but to move to another ground. We supporters complain if the tickets are too expensive but then we complain if the owners don't invest. Where in all honesty do they expect t he money to come from?

I was against SISU continual involvement in our club, but they won. Now I am pro-SISU because I think they is no alternative. If the CCC, through ACL, continue to rip the heart out of our club BUT then blame another they, in my eyes, are worse than the initial problem.

I think the best thing for CCFC is to build our own stadium and be shot of CCC. I wil back this 'new' ownership by buying a season ticket, when available.

Ccfc won't own the ground my friend

italiahorse

I hate it when people criticize others just for the sake of criticism. Tim Fisher has had loads of it from everyone including me, but enough is enough.

ACL were the reason for our 10 points deduction but they continue to preach that they are the victim. How is this so?

I believe we as a club have no alternative but to move to another ground. We supporters complain if the tickets are too expensive but then we complain if the owners don't invest. Where in all honesty do they expect t he money to come from?

I was against SISU continual involvement in our club, but they won. Now I am pro-SISU because I think they is no alternative. If the CCC, through ACL, continue to rip the heart out of our club BUT then blame another they, in my eyes, are worse than the initial problem.

I think the best thing for CCFC is to build our own stadium and be shot of CCC. I wil back this 'new' ownership by buying a season ticket, when available.

Have you been away?

@richh87

SISU gambled and lost. This is not of our doing or ACL's; and the type of people they employ are not the type that deserve our pity or understanding. They are hard-nosed business people who got this project very very wrong.

Those who built the stadium need paying back, and are therefore entitled to charge rent (albeit at a lower rate). SISU should leave as this is not an ordinary business, this is a football club where (silly as it may sound to some) people's lives are affected.

Many have cocked up football clubs before, but they tend to piss off when it's clear their position is untenable.

We have been extremely unlucky to be owned by such arseholes, and not only that, but to be in such a position of having little income streams when the FFP rules have been brought in.

This can all be resolved by them pissing off for a small sum, which presumably Haskell will pay them.

They need to be reasonable.

Last edited:

RegTheDonk

SISU will continue to leech off us, the fans. They need us so therefore a stay away campaign may speed up the demise of SISU. At the moment we don't have a club. We can all think back to our personal glory days. Mine was mid to late 1970's. The club have had fans stick with this 'underperforming' for decades. SISU over stepped the mark. They are the ones to blame for the fans refusing to go while SISU are in charge. Not sure I want to go over old ground but appeasing SISU now would be disastrous in the long term anyway. Their track record proves it.

Didn't read your post Dale M....it seems we share a similar view in terms of appeasement.

Agreed 100%. And in L1 the club rely on the fans a lot more that in Prem or Champ...where the TV money is so much poorer. SISU have a lot money for sure, and "buying" Ltd means they are going to either hold the CCFC name to ransom for a decent sized buy out, or run up CCFCs "credit" with this stadium idea. But they won't want to indefinitely lose money, I mean, how much blood can you get out of a stone?

ICHAN

I have read on here if such and such is sold im never going again.
e.g NLHWC has said before if Bigi is sold im never going again, so whats the differance?
People are entitled to an opinion, or is it they are entitled to an opinion if they tow the party line? otherwise were going to call them t**t, numpty sisu lover, joy!! the list is endless just because you dont follow the consesus.
Lucky the witch trials have finished.

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

We must stop now, eh? No more critisism?

Let me ask you a really simple question. It's what? 5 to 6 weeks from the start of the new season?

'Where will we play'?

There's your context. Where will we play football in a month and a half?

japandy

Firstly, I never wind people up. I love you all too much to do that.

I think the majority on here live in the Coventry area and live within a smallish world. Therefore, lies the problem. You can't forgive. You can't move on. You have to hold grudges.

A few of you are above that and see that criticism is good, if it constructive, but now most threads on here are just plain abusive.

I support Fisher because he is steering the ship. I am an unwilling passenger but I prefer to be on board so I can air my opinion rather than jump over-board without a lifejacket.

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I support Fisher because he is steering the ship. I am an unwilling passenger but I prefer to be on board so I can air my opinion rather the jump over-board with a lifejacket.

If I can pick up your nautical metaphor; which port is the ship headed for? You have fuel for month and a half and you need to decide where you're headed, unless you run out and drift aimlessly.

Under the stewardship of such a crazed Capitan without a safe plan, I'd rather remain on terra firma, than ape Braidley's orchestra on HMS Titanic; assured calm against reality

japandy

If I can pick up your nautical metaphor; which port is the ship headed for? You have fuel for month and a half and you need to decide where you're headed, unless you run out and drift aimlessly.

Under the stewardship of such a crazed Capitan without a safe plan, I'd rather remain on terra firma, than ape Braidley's orchestra on HMS Titanic; assured calm against reality

You cannot be part of the New World if you are not aboard. But, saying that, if it doesn't turn out right how can you be part of a mutiny if you are ashore?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

You cannot be part of the New World if you are not aboard. But, saying that, if it doesn't turn out right how can you be part of a mutiny if you are ashore?

The aim of a mutiny was for the hoi polloi of a ships staff to seize control and steer the vessel to a democratically preferable destination. If the vessel has been steered into unchartered waters, without map nor means for return to any land; mutiny is a worthless ambition, dear chap

japandy

The aim of a mutiny was for the hoi polloi of a ships staff to seize control and steer the vessel to a democratically preferable destination. If the vessel has been steered into unchartered waters, without map nor means for return to any land; mutiny is a worthless ambition, dear chap

You talk in the past tense while I am talking about the future.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

You talk in the past tense while I am talking about the future.

I can make reference to any tense that suits.

Past: Previous boards and senior management figures placed this club in a terribly precarious position
Past into current: SISU have taken this position; and made it worse; be that measured against debt accrued, footballing standard and level, and disengagment with fans
Current into future: Their current actions are making a bad situation worse; and lead to a future that could cripple the club for a long time to come...

Moving the club is insane. On so many levels, the concept can only be the work of a troubled mind, or someone who doesn't really want to do so, but will threaten it to achieve an output that's beyond me; and who doesn't care for the collateral damage in so doing.

I can't support this. I won't support it. I won't align myself in any way with it's skewed ambition. So, no; I'm not going to join Japandy's conga and pretend it's okay.

See, no ships :wave:

Last edited:

wingy

Someone bring out the Theodolite ,I've lost my moral compass, even if they have part of the operation up the RICOH.

James Smith

I've spent plenty of money, thanks-on people who have lied to me constantly and treated me like shit. If people want to carry on being mugged, fine, but I feel I have to draw a line in the sand at some point. It's a financial sacrifice to go every week-one that I won't make any longer for something that is a) no longer bringing me pleasure, b) giving backing to a crooked regime that don't deserve loyal customers.
+1 to all of that, I used to give my younger relatives replica kit, and the older ones mugs, hats, picture frames, beach towels etc. as presents but that has all stopped because a) the shop isn't online anymore, b) I don't trust SISU, c) I'm sick of them.

poda

For me sisu ACl and the council are all in it for their own gain as a club we are now a barely living carcass
These lot are still sqabbling over the last few crumbs

Us as supporter are no significance to any off them otherwise they would not be trying to take the team from the city

If we end up at WAlsall and i dont think we would get more thst 2 thou travel how would we pay wages with finsncial fair play this is one step to oblivion

Users who are viewing this thread