English or British? (2 Viewers)

skyblueprincess

Welcome back princess! Where have you been hiding?
Not hiding anywhere mate
:)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
C'mon Princess! We wanna know!! (welcome back BTW! x x)

1nilandwe...

British.

Born in Coventry so support Coventry teams, England teams, UK teams and European teams wherever applicable.

I genuinely associate with all four, but tend to describe myself as British. Apart from when I'm watching Andy Murray play tennis. Then I'm English.

scroobiustom

Hard for me to say which I identify with more really

Defiantly anti BNP, EDL & SNP so I guess British? Andy Murray is still a cock though!

scroobiustom

I believe it has just as much bearing as anything else.

What makes a person one or the other? What things are there that you can solely identify as English and/ or Scottish?

scroobiustom

The Scottish part of the last post being relative to the SNP

Surely its up to you how you choose to identify yourself anyway, you have a St. George that's fine.

Chelsea wave shitty blue flags, that's fine. Does it matter how you identify yourself, just be proud of what you believe yourself to be.

take care of yourself and each other - Jerry Springer

Last edited:

scroobiustom

Is it a valid case when the Daily Mail are concerned! ;)

LastGarrison

I believe it has just as much bearing as anything else.

What makes a person one or the other? What things are there that you can solely identify as English and/ or Scottish?

Well for me Nationality is where you are born, where you are brought up and how you are brought up (e.g. by Scottish parents etc.) and has absolutely no bearing as to whether you support, or don't support, any particular parties such as the one's you have mentioned.

Interesting.

scroobiustom

Well for me Nationality is where you are born, where you are brought up and how you are brought up (e.g. by Scottish parents etc.) and has absolutely no bearing as to whether you support, or don't support, any particular parties such as the one's you have mentioned.

Interesting.

I guess it's each to there own, given that I was born in England and raised by English parents and yet feel no affinity to England in anything other than sport.

I do however, think the fabric of 'Englishness' is wrapped up in Britishness, and so have to support the wider union of Kingdom thus, my England is Britain.

I guess it's each to there own, given that I was born in England and raised by English parents and yet feel no affinity to England in anything other than sport.

So you don't go on Holiday and long for a full English breakfast and a cup of tea? You don't have pride in the english pound and your not grateful that we don't have the euro?

LastGarrison

I do however, think the fabric of 'Englishness' is wrapped up in Britishness, and so have to support the wider union of Kingdom thus, my England is Britain.

So say, as an example, that you did share the same ideals as the EDL, who have only been around a few years, would this make you feel more English than British? Even though they have their own subsidiaries such as the Welsh Defence League etc. so it isn't solely an English movement, same, obviously, with the BNP etc.?

Like I say genuinely interested as I have never heard of anyone say that such things have a bearing on what they consider their Nationality to be.

scroobiustom

Why I say they have a bearing on Nationalism is simply because they cause an emotion within me, a very angry emotion.

The fact I unite against nationalistic movements demonstrates my pro Union Kingdom stance, and so Britishness does it not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx6lupC6WyE - perhaps I'am naive, but if he is English then I am most certainly not!

skyblueprincess

Why I say they have a bearing on Nationalism is simply because they cause an emotion within me, a very angry emotion.

The fact I unite against nationalistic movements demonstrates my pro Union Kingdom stance, and so Britishness does it not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx6lupC6WyE - perhaps I'am naive, but if he is English then I am most certainly not!

So just to be nosy your view on the Muslim against crusades is ? you know who they are right ~?

scroobiustom

I do accept thinking about it that not all English people are fucking twats by the way.

I just feel that the idea England is represented more through Britain than any other nation, and so I can understand why there are calls for Scottish independence - even if I don't support it!

scroobiustom

So just to be nosy your view on the Muslim against crusades is ? you know who they are right ~?

Wooooh don't attack me on this! my view on any extremist movement is the same.

And anyway what's that got to do with English vs. British?

Users who are viewing this thread