English or British? (3 Viewers)

Skyblue4u

Just curious

English for me.

Let's hope for a decent euro 2012!

rob9872

English - No Surender

scroobiustom

I think this false question to an extent, cant a person be both British and English?

scroobiustom

What is it that makes one English over British then, or vise-versa?

Otis

English. Never considered myself to be particularly British.

English, first, last and foremost.

Covstu

Folks are Scottish, I was born in cov so I would count myself as British. Totally agree with robs point though!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Plastic paddy then :)

Rob. I find this quite offensive. I was born of Southern Irish parents before the British Nationality Act 1981 came into force, which gave me the right to be recognised as Irish even though I was born in Coventry. I'm also proud to be known as British as it is the country of my birth. I speak with a Coventry accent but use Gaelic when visiting Cork. Plastic? Far from it! I have more affinity to Ireland than to the UK but that is only in passion - not in any form of disrespect or hate.

Otis

I've got some Italian blood.

Just can't scrub it off my jacket.

Last edited:

Alex

English with a hint of Polish :thinking about: I guess that makes me even more English judging by the large Polish community in the UK.

ccfctommy

English, never really considered myself British. I ticked English in the Cencus.

Although, I am half Scottish.

egastap

If you can't figure it out guys.......what the hell are they teaching you guys in schools these days? British by birth (in England), but Canadian by choice!

Changeyourface

Scottish and British, proud to be both.
Although I'm British in a "Proud of the Union and our history" sort of way. Not in a "I've travelled over here illegally but I love Britain, now give me a house and some lovely benefits please" sort of way.

skyblueprincess

English and proud .... Sky blue blood

Users who are viewing this thread