England V Denmark (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Southgate needs to get MR in on a consultancy basis so that he can teach him how to do a proper 3-4-3 or whatever you want to call it.

As good as Reece James was last night it's absolutely criminal that he didn't pick TAA. System is alright but the player choices not

Yeah it's like he rolls a dice to see who plays.

His obsession with certain players is baffling.

chiefdave

Although the refusal to play Maddison or Grealish is odd not sure it would make a huge difference at the moment.

We can't get the basics right and teams like Denmark play us off the pitch just by doing the simple stuff.

I can accept that some of our players aren't world class but they are playing in supposedly the best league in the world for the nation FIFA have ranked 4th, at the very least they should look vaguely competent.

jordan210

Personally I think the FA should stop picking ex players and names as managers.

Get a successful manager from lower leagues who doesn't care about what team someone plays for an plays players on form.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Southgate needs to get MR in on a consultancy basis so that he can teach him how to do a proper 3-4-3 or whatever you want to call it.

As good as Reece James was last night it's absolutely criminal that he didn't pick TAA. System is alright but the player choices not

In fairness, TAA got his pants well and truly pulled down by Villa. He was abysmal.

Sky Blue Harry H

Grealish, Maddison, Mount, Foden (Bellingham to come) England have a lot of creativity in midfield. You do need one Rice like holding player, but not a team including Rice, Phillips, Dier and then having full/wing backs and wide players constantly turning back towards their own goal. Not sure what has happened with Rashford, but his Sterling like bursts of pace seem to have been coached out of him thus completely reducing his effectiveness. One full back ahead of you - drive at him and scare him.

Mr Panda

In fairness, TAA got his pants well and truly pulled down by Villa. He was abysmal.

Grealish was doing a lot of that pants pulling and he doesn't get a single minute in the last two games!

Some of the performances in the Southgate era have been fantastic. I'm just recently concerned about him overseeing the next few years whilst we have an embarrassment of attacking talent, don't want it to be wasted.

It's as if he doesn't know how to use a CAM

It’sabatch87

I don’t get this media obsession with Declan Rice at club or country level,Pretty ordinary imo.
No attacking midfielders last night shocking selection!!!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd withdraw the England team from this competition if I was the FA.

Didn't VAR rule out a goal in the semi final stage vs Holland last time? Yet now they aren't using VAR at all?

I think VAR wasn't used at this stage last time either, just in those last few games.

CJ_covblaze

England haven't got a player on the same level as Eriksen, certainly not in midfield. Kane was having to come so deep.

Why is he picking Phillips or Rice? Two completely vanilla players.

As good a goal scorer he is the team is better off when he’s a bit deeper. With regards to Rice I still don’t get him at all. I know he’s not everyone‘s tea but I struggle too see what he offers over Dier. At least when it comes to England Dier has never let us down In the last 4 or 5 years. He’s also stood up when others have been lacking and given us some fantastic moments.

CJ_covblaze

I think VAR wasn't used at this stage last time either, just in those last few games.

The issue is, not every ground is suitable for it at this stage. One of the requirements for the semis, 3rd place and final is that the grounds can accommodate it.

Ccfcisparks

As good a goal scorer he is the team is better off when he’s a bit deeper. With regards to Rice I still don’t get him at all. I know he’s not everyone‘s tea but I struggle too see what he offers over Dier. At least when it comes to England Dier has never let us down In the last 4 or 5 years. He’s also stood up when others have been lacking and given us some fantastic moments.
Both Dier and Rice are really average footballers, and if England what to flourish as a national team then both should be nowhere near the starting XI.

Otis

Prefer Rice to Phillips, whose first thought is it either pass the ball backwards or sideways every time.

Users who are viewing this thread