England is fast becoming a shit hole (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Why is it happening?

Couple 0f people chasing each other with axes and knives in tile hill yesterday and the area that I live in got me thinking
Rubbish everywhere, nobody appears to give 2 shits anymore about the state of their property especially from the outside...

Poorly behaved children

Drugs, guns, knives

There's obviously a multitude of reasons socially and economically but I can't stand the direction the country is going

Worrying really

Evo1883

Following the American lead gets American outcomes.

Was talking to dad and we feel like over time the people who could afford their properties have done so leading to better areas and people less well off have been forced together which has created almost ghetto like feels to council estates (I live in one)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Was talking to dad and we feel like over time the people who could afford their properties have done so leading to better areas and people less well off have been forced together which has created almost ghetto like feels to council estates (I live in one)
And to compound matters big builders are building awful estates where parking is terrible, gardens are tiny and they're not putting amenities nearby. Within 10 years the estate looks tired and run down because no one really wants to be there. Lego houses.
You know the sort of estate I mean. They look the same whether they're in Luton, Bristol or Newcastle.
Mind you it doesn't excuse gun and knife crime at all.

fernandopartridge

Yeah, definitely how it went on my estate. Estates as originally envisaged were for everybody regardless of means. Then at a point in time they decided that it was only for the most needy and the Right to Buy came in.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

That exactly what parts of London in particular are like.
I think the rental market boom has made matters worse as well.

clint van damme

Probably something in that but I live in a street with no council properties and there are people who've really neglected their houses even though they own them.
To go a little off topic, you go to somewhere like Glastonbury and the state of it on a Monday morning is horrendous. I've had little rich kids camped next to me who've left a disgusting mess. I always clean up after myself.

Look at the scenes from Dorset during lock down, I'd imagine that was a cross section of society but they all left a trail of filth, it pisses me off.

pastythegreat

And to compound matters big builders are building awful estates where parking is terrible, gardens are tiny and they're not putting amenities nearby. Within 10 years the estate looks tired and run down because no one really wants to be there. Lego houses.
You know the sort of estate I mean. They look the same whether they're in Luton, Bristol or Newcastle.
Mind you it doesn't excuse gun and knife crime at all.
Not helped by 90% of the estate being snapped up by landlords who do little to the property and just rent it out at maximum profit.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

I think the rental market boom has made matters worse as well.
Agree with this. I live in Finham which is hardly the ghetto but its noticeably changed in the last 30 years. Back then virtually all houses were owner occupied and people took pride in maintaining their property. These days a decent percentage is rental and people don't take the same care. Not surprising as landlords can't be bothered to do basic maintenance.

Walls and fences on the verge of collapse, or already collapsed and just left; overgrown gardens etc. As I say hardly the ghetto and doesn't compare to other areas of the city but just shows how people have no pride in the area they live in anymore.

covcity4life

Following the American lead gets American outcomes.
Americans dont litter! Roads are so clean

Never understood why we treat our own country like shit

Need strict laws on literring and anti social behaviour

Make neighbourhoods great again!!!

Get strict on gangs even if they are young

Educate kids so not shagging around at 13

Good old fashioned morals needed!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I can't help feeling that all this type of behaviour started to get worse when corporal punishment was banned in schools, the police aren't allowed to clip you round the ear, parents aren't allowed to chastise their own kids anymore. Threaten your cheeky kid with a clip round the ear, they'll return the threat to get you arrested for assault!
Bring back the birch!! It's gone too far!

Houchens Head

Zoomed into a random town and went on street view at random. This is the first image I came across. You are wrong I win.

Apologise.

Click this link
I had a look at your random street view and zoomed in to one of a few small signs on the verge. "Do not park. Street cleaning on Tuesdays!"

Capture.JPG

hill83

Must be monday there then. Surprised they need it though as they don't litter over there.

pastythegreat

I can't help feeling that all this type of behaviour started to get worse when corporal punishment was banned in schools, the police aren't allowed to clip you round the ear, parents aren't allowed to chastise their own kids anymore. Threaten your cheeky kid with a clip round the ear, they'll return the threat to get you arrested for assault!
Bring back the birch!! It's gone too far!
I've said for years National Service should be bought back. Teach the little cunts a bit of respect.
All the teenagers and early 20 somethings that bowl around Tile Hill like they're above everyone and everything. In their "gangs" thinking they're Sicilian fuckong Mafia members. Get any single one of them alone and theyd fucking crumble. Put them (alone) amongst a platoon of squaddies and i garuntee theyd soon learn a bit of respect.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Americans dont litter! Roads are so clean

Never understood why we treat our own country like shit

Need strict laws on literring and anti social behaviour

Make neighbourhoods great again!!!

Get strict on gangs even if they are young

Educate kids so not shagging around at 13

Good old fashioned morals needed!

Teenage pregnancy rates are at the lowest they've been in ages and are still falling.
American's do litter, esp in the big cities. But they do have more people going around picking up litter than we do.
If you want to make neighbourhoods great again you need to reduce the amount of houses bought by people intending to rent them out. People don't care or interact with their local area if they're not certain they'll be there long term.

Houchens Head

This is what worries me more than most litter....
facemasklitter2-scaled.jpg

hill83

I mentioned this before with the litter side of things. When I lived in Wyken (it was Stoke really but Wyken if you are selling your house) there was litter everywhere and I didn't see a street cleaner once in 3 years. I live in eastern green now and we have one every few of weeks.
Same council tax rate.

wingy

We have one weekly now and street warden patrol's since I made a call 18 months ago about litter and street drinker's .
The wardens kind of tailed off but the sweeper follows after the bins normally.

covcity4life

Yeah when i went America and Canada all facilities are so well looked after . Parks are pristine . Here a new park will be defaced within weeks and beckme a anti social area

@Houchens Head is correct we need to isbtill fear in people again. If not fear of god then fear of the law

It is becoming a scary place out there

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah when i went America and Canada all facilities are so well looked after . Parks are pristine . Here a new park will be defaced within weeks and beckme a anti social area

@Houchens Head is correct we need to isbtill fear in people again. If not fear of god then fear of the law

We got burgled at our old place in Cov when we were in the house. Someone just opened the front door and helped themselves to some stuff in the lounge which they then chucked in someone‘s garden after rummaging through. We were upstairs but it did have me scared thinking how they’d react to being caught in the process

clint van damme

if only we'd had a political party who model themselves as the party of law and order in place for 10 years I'm sure they'd have sorted it.

clint van damme

It is not going to get any better

Social media is stripping away everyone's empathy more and more day by day

I don't agree with that to be honest, I just think that the cruelty you see stays with you more than the positive stuff.
And on social media you can see 1000s of interactions in a short space of time, much more than you do in normal everyday life. It's still enough to piss you right off though I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread