England cricket 2019 (1 Viewer)

tisza

this going to be one of the best ever prepared Aussie teams for an Ashes series. World cup aside they've had another side over here for about 6-8 weeks playing warm-up games. Now a full practice match on a test pitch.
Lessons to be learnt for the ECBwho haven't sent a properly prepared team on an overseas tour for years

tisza

ok not wanting to cast doubt on integrity of English cricket but looks it's a dog of a wicket for this Aussie practice game:)
105 a/o and 95 for 6 day 1.

Terry Gibson's perm

The Denly experiment needs to be ended it’s too late for him to come in and push on players retire from international cricket at his age not start.

Terry Gibson's perm

Michael holding has just said Burns doesn’t have the technique for test cricket I think he may be right.

They will go back to James Vince

Grendel

6 down!

Grendel

Make that 7

chiefdave

Someone check if Tim Murtagh has any English in his family tree!

Assuming the pitch isn't suspect, well even if it is to be honest, this is appalling.

Grendel

Someone check if Tim Murtagh has any English in his family tree!

Assuming the pitch isn't suspect, well even if it is to be honest, this is appalling.

He is English and he’s nearly 40

tisza

just pitiful.
trot out the post-worldcup hangover excuses.
it's a overaged county attack at best.

Terry Gibson's perm

Stone has struck back with a couple expect Broad to pick up now as the pressure will be coming quickly

Gazolba

Moeen, useless with the bat and not much better with the ball and yet keeps getting picked.

The Lurker

pure arrogance by England and root yesterday. I went down there. If that was against the Aussies and we won the toss we would have bowled so why playing against Ireland should we bat first on a pitch with plenty of green on? today hopefully will see a better composed england

tisza

What the hell is going on?
batting remains a mess.
W Indies tour mk 2.
Some woeful dismissals showing a complete lack of mental strength necessary for Test cricket.
Plus when your line up has Ali at 6 (about 2 50s in last 2 years) you're in trouble.
Looking around County cricket and the cupboard is absolutely bare of batsmen suited for longer form of the game

Gazolba

No-one can tell me that Root is anywhere near a top batsman.
I'm not convinced by Burns or Denly either.
We'll be slaughtered by Australia.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

You mean Joe Root, averages almost 50, ranked 6th in ICC test batting rankings isn’t “anywhere near a top batsman”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tisza

Root is top quality.
Will agree about Burns and Denley.
Lack of top 5 batting options a general condemnation of failure of ECB and County structure.

Users who are viewing this thread