End of Woke News? (3 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt before but fuck me you're a right prick. I saw you being called every name under the sun in the Covid thread and I can see why now.

Shouting abuse is pretty much confirmation that the argument has been lost. I'm usually a reasonable chap, even if not all my views follow a lot of others on here. But you cannot on the one hand play victim and on the other 'use every name under the sun' like what was happening on that thread. Here, well I am just confused why this thread is full of people not watching something who want to comment on how terrible their audience is.

As I said, lack of self-reflection is a big problem for extreme sides of the political spectrum, all I did was highlight that. Instead of taking it on board, you just launched a counter-attack. As I said, that's a big part of the reason why this tv station will probably not flop as badly as some expect.

Johnnythespider

I turned it on this morning for the first time out of curiosity, they were talking about a jokey review on trip advisor about Wales being too hilly, i turned it off again. They probably wrote the review themselves

COV

Shouting abuse is pretty much confirmation that the argument has been lost. I'm usually a reasonable chap, even if not all my views follow a lot of others on here. But you cannot on the one hand play victim and on the other 'use every name under the sun' like what was happening on that thread. Here, well I am just confused why this thread is full of people not watching something who want to comment on how terrible their audience is.

As I said, lack of self-reflection is a big problem for extreme sides of the political spectrum, all I did was highlight that. Instead of taking it on board, you just launched a counter-attack. As I said, that's a big part of the reason why this tv station will probably not flop as badly as some expect.

I don't think it will flop. Its a safe haven for people tired of being called out for their views, and anything that makes people feel better about themselves is going to sell.

PVA

Fucking hell.

I didn't shout abuse first. You called me too stupid to insult... So by your own rules you admit you lost the argument? 😂

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Fucking hell.

I didn't shout abuse first. You called me too stupid to insult... So by your own rules you admit you lost the argument? 😂

Wasn't referring to you either, but I think we will leave it there as your response is essentially 'I know you are but what am I.'

COV

Oh I know that. I’d just never heard of her. Quick google search showed she was actually suggesting lobotomising people who had been radicalised, which started to explain why she’s been drafted in.

Yeah I saw that too, something about a polygraph test as well- I wasn't sure what the plan was after their brains had been zapped though, just let them walk the streets drooling or something?

Grendel

More the quotes contained in there. And given it was on live TV I’ll hazard a guess that it’s correct.

Well I saw it so no not exactly it was fairly flippant as she really advocated the death penalty. Owen Jones of course has openly supported the murder of English citizens at the hands of the IRA so any condemnation of terrorists murdering people in the name of a revolutionary cause is an anathema to him

Grendel

Yeah I saw that too, something about a polygraph test as well- I wasn't sure what the plan was after their brains had been zapped though, just let them walk the streets drooling or something?

No she wanted them incarcerated for life or preferably exterminated - her point was you can’t have a rational brain if you are a terrorist - if the moron in question has been swinging from a rope people would have survived. You didn’t watch the episode did you

PVA

PVA accused me of wanting sex with 12 year olds - he’s a rational kind of guy when it comes to debates

You accused me of being racist for being pro freedom of movement.

Then accused me of being racist for being anti freedom of movement

giphy.gif

skybluetony176

The thing I don’t get is how they can pitch this channel as for those who felt sidelined or ignored in recent times.

brexit went through, Boris won a landslide, loads of booing anti-racist gestures etc- how are these people ‘ignored’? They’re everywhere 🤪
Oh come on. It’s not like 80% of the U.K.’s press is right leaning and mostly owned by 3 owners with right wing agendas. Oh wait…

skybluetony176

its going to be very interesting. I was reading that there was some good old fashioned anti- vax stuff on earlier, that will appeal to some.

they’ll have to get more and more controversial if they lose viewers
Yeah. It’s a saturated market. They’ll have to out play the victim all the other victim players.

Grendel

You accused me of being racist for being pro freedom of movement.

Then accused me of being racist for being anti freedom of movement

giphy.gif

no I accused you of being Racist as you identified Eastern European’s as “them” as inferior beings who can live in squalid conditions as they want to as “someone has to do it” namely wash cars

You are actually an utter moron, even people who are on your side of the political fence want nothing to do with you as you are an embarrassment

You then labelled me bizarrely as someone who would be deemed a danger outside of old playgrounds as I’m someone who has urges for children based on the fact I am politically to the right

Oh and I’m a racist as I don’t like max biamou

You are really rather ridiculous and believe me even your political allies on here cringe when you post

COV

No she wanted them incarcerated for life or preferably exterminated - her point was you can’t have a rational brain if you are a terrorist - if the moron in question has been swinging from a rope people would have survived. You didn’t watch the episode did you

Nope, thats why I asked. I wasn't sure what the full story was. Hence the question (y)

But hang on- why lobotomise them and kill them? Why would you bother doing both

SBAndy

Well I saw it so no not exactly it was fairly flippant as she really advocated the death penalty. Owen Jones of course has openly supported the murder of English citizens at the hands of the IRA so any condemnation of terrorists murdering people in the name of a revolutionary cause is an anathema to him

Well, what’s worse: the fact you seem to have me mixed up with Owen Jones or the fact you’ve admitted you watch the Jeremy Vine Show? Blimey, can’t buy class.

Grendel

Well, what’s worse: the fact you seem to have me mixed up with Owen Jones or the fact you’ve admitted you watch the Jeremy Vine Show? Blimey, can’t buy class.

I like her as a commentator I think she’s smart articulate and a role model

PVA

no I accused you of being Racist as you identified Eastern European’s as “them” as inferior beings who can live in squalid conditions as they want to as “someone has to do it” namely wash cars

You are actually an utter moron, even people who are on your side of the political fence want nothing to do with you as you are an embarrassment

You then labelled me bizarrely as someone who would be deemed a danger outside of old playgrounds as I’m someone who has urges for children based on the fact I am politically to the right

Oh and I’m a racist as I don’t like max biamou

You are really rather ridiculous and believe me even your political allies on here cringe when you post

Hahahah the fucking state of you. Literally making stuff up.

Sad bitter old man

Almost feel sorry for you then I remember you're a scumbag racist.

Grendel

Hahahah the fucking state of you. Literally making stuff up.

Sad bitter old man

Almost feel sorry for you then I remember you're a scumbag racist.

Show evidence I’m racist and what’s the obsession I’m old when im the same age or younger than many on here who are from the left

Wingy Otis and Clint are all over 50 and two I’m sure older, are they bitter older men?

skybluetony176

Show evidence I’m racist and what’s the obsession I’m old when im the same age or younger than many on here who are from the left

Wingy Otis and Clint are all over 50 and two I’m sure older, are they bitter older men?
I’ve met Clint, Otis and yourself and never in a million years are you younger than them.

PVA

The evidence is your continuous refusal to condemn Islamophobia or even to admit its a bad thing. Your constant hatred of French, Germans, and any other European. Your anti BLM stance. Your continuous defence of racist comments by Boris Johnson.

It's clear as day you're a racist and it's fucking disgusting.

As for those other posters, they aren't bitter so why would I call them bitter old men?

Grendel

I’ve met Clint, Otis and yourself and never in a million years are you younger than them.

Ha ha all over 50 and two of the three I mentioned are I’m pretty sure Good the bat phone is out though - at what age are people old and bitter? Also it’s worth noting on sleeping bag day you were crawling up the arse of a 64 year old accountant by the name of Dave Johnson and of course would proudly match sling side the sprightly young thing Steve Brown despite his obvious unpleasant political views

skybluetony176

Ha ha all over 50 and two of the three I mentioned are I’m pretty sure Good the bat phone is out though - at what age are people old and bitter? Also it’s worth noting on sleeping bag day you were crawling up the arse of a 64 year old accountant by the name of Dave Johnson and of course would proudly match sling side the sprightly young thing Steve Brown despite his obvious unpleasant political views
If you’re a day under 65 I’d truly be shocked. I’d be a little surprised if you were under 70 to be honest.

Grendel

skybluetony176

Good try Tony but no cigar
You actually look a bit like the guy from the cigar advert. The one played by Rab C Nesbitt where he’s in the photo both try to keep his combover in place before the flash goes. A bit, but obviously older looking. The combover was accurate though.

Users who are viewing this thread