End of Woke News? (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 4439

Let's be honest, it's shit, isn't it? A low-rent, you tube opinion piece at the moment. RT remains the only alternative to Sky News*

*when you want to find out what's happening in other parts of the world, which UK channels seem largely no longer interested in other than BLM events in the US.

shmmeee

Let's be honest, it's shit, isn't it? A low-rent, you tube opinion piece at the moment. RT remains the only alternative to Sky News*

*when you want to find out what's happening in other parts of the world, which UK channels seem largely no longer interested in other than BLM events in the US.

RT the literal propaganda arm of one of our enemies?

Sky Blue Pete

You know what else happens just after someone’s had a vaccine? Fucking everything! We’re vaccinating an entire planet.

I got a blowjob the day I got the vaccine, report that it’s about as relevant. Fucks sake.
Nac or cov and north Warwick?

Evo1883

You class Russia as an enemy ?

I don't.

You sound American mate

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 4439

It is, and you have to balance your knowledge / thoughts against what you are being told, but it's just about the only channel that regularly reports on global events.

shmmeee

Hopefully we never get to the point where like in America, if your milk takes a turn its because of Russia

Hopefully we never get to the point where we’re looking to authoritarian regimes with a world domination bent for allies.

SBT

It is, and you have to balance your knowledge / thoughts against what you are being told, but it's just about the only channel that regularly reports on global events.

Other than BBC World, Al Jazeera, CNN International, euronews, Deutsche Welle, Bloomberg, France24, and a handful of others you really do have no choice but to chance it with the Russian misinformation channel. Some people seem to like it though I guess.

D

Deleted member 4439

Other than BBC World, Al Jazeera, CNN International, euronews, Deutsche Welle, Bloomberg, France24, and a handful of others you really do have no choice but to chance it with the Russian misinformation channel. Some people seem to like it though I guess.

Ah, then I should have said, on freeview - and I forgot AJ (which of course has it's own slant). I do miss some of them since having given up my sky subscription. AJ is good, but does tend to have wandering, repeated clips, so if you switch on and realise you've already seen it, you could there for the next 10 minutes waiting for something new.

Last edited by a moderator:

SBT

Ah, then I should have said, on freeview - and I forgot AJ (which of course has it's own slant). I do miss some of them since having given up my sky subscription.

You can stream them all for free online I believe. Happy to send you the links if you’re ready to break up with RT :)

D

Deleted member 4439

You can stream them all for free online I believe. Happy to send you the links if you’re ready to break up with RT :)

I suppose that's an idea, I could cast them. Online versions sometime seem to be different to live, and are simply cycled repeats? Least that's my experience with Bloomberg.

I don't watch RT much, I was simply using this as an illustration. I think RT's bias is quite obvious, and I wasn't at all championing it.

Brighton Sky Blue

You know what else happens just after someone’s had a vaccine? Fucking everything! We’re vaccinating an entire planet.

I got a blowjob the day I got the vaccine, report that it’s about as relevant. Fucks sake.

Don’t be so anal about it

SBT

I don't watch RT much, I was simply using this as an illustration. I think RT's bias is quite obvious, and I wasn't at all championing it.

RT remains the only alternative to Sky News*

*when you want to find out what's happening in other parts of the world

it's just about the only channel that regularly reports on global events.

With this kind of approach to spin, maybe RT is the one for you after all!

D

Deleted member 4439

With this kind of approach to spin, maybe RT is the one for you after all!

Is there reason why you are looking to be so antagonistic over this? Are you not having a good week or something?

SBT

Ironic really considering you won't have a bad word said about the Telegraph.

Aww come on, I can complain about the Telegraph too! And real irony is moaning incessantly about the Telegraph but then also running your own forum which automatically posts its stories as soon as they publish.

Nick

Administrator
Aww come on, I can complain about the Telegraph too! And real irony is moaning incessantly about the Telegraph but then also running your own forum which automatically posts its stories as soon as they publish.

There are no "stories" on here, they are forum threads.

Where's the irony?

SBT

There are no "stories" on here, they are forum threads.

Where's the irony?

Without getting too Alanis Morissette about it, I was talking about this forum you made specially: Local News (No-one seems to use it though, so I assume it was just a passion project of yours)

Philosorapter

Well, I thought they had closed the curtains last night on the set and tuned in this morning to see the proper set with the curtains drawn back etc.

Nope, it was the actual set last night. It is turning into must-watch car crash TV.

Grendel

Without getting too Alanis Morissette about it, I was talking about this forum you made specially: Local News (No-one seems to use it though, so I assume it was just a passion project of yours)

Honestly your ability at the one liner and laconic put downs has me in stitches. I’ve laughed so much at your obvious talents I’ve now broken a rib and need to go to A and E - I bet you got really excited yesterday when you saw Benjamin Butterworth on the news channel - is he in again tonight?

Users who are viewing this thread