End of september to now (1 Viewer)

rob9872

2 points a game since so finish with 83. Certainly play offs not sure it's enough for autos 😉🤣

Brighton Sky Blue

Unbelievable turnaround - Can’t quite understand what’s happened because it’s the same players in the same system

Match sharpness caught up with the rest of the league
Focussing on being hard to beat on the road
A rub of the green in certain games

Plus what I don't think can be underestimated: confidence breeds confidence

alexccfc99

Think there has been a few issues within the camp thrashed out as well, you think back to the Norwich game and the body language and attitude stank - Completely night and day in comparison now

skybluepm2

I know it’s if, buts and maybes, but without the nonsense at the start of the season, I firmly believe we’d be knocking on the door of the play-offs right now. Add to that, the lack of investment, suspensions and injuries we’ve had to contend with, it’s pretty remarkable we’ve managed to drag ourselves to lower mid-table already.

Brighton Sky Blue

I know it’s if, buts and maybes, but without the nonsense at the start of the season, I firmly believe we’d be knocking on the door of the play-offs right now. Add to that, the lack of investment, suspensions and injuries we’ve had to contend with, it’s pretty remarkable we’ve managed to drag ourselves to lower mid-table already.

All pointing towards a second consecutive season where we're wondering what might have been without the worst owners in the 92

skybluepm2

All pointing towards a second consecutive season where we're wondering what might have been without the worst owners in the 92

results like today put me on such a high, and then I get into the realms of ‘what if?’. We aren’t asking for the world, just a couple of million to give us a squad of more than 12 players 😫

TTG

Every single time Robins has come under pressure, or taxis have been "warming up", (rightly or wrongly) he gets us through it, exceeding so. This is his 7th season in charge, and arguably his toughest yet. Football moves quick, and we forget the negativity amongst fans at the end of august, to be in the position we are now is unbelievable and is testament to no one else but Mark and the staff.

As much of a legend as he is already, I really think we won't quite fully realise how incredible he is as a manager until he isn't.

Londonccfcfan

So glad majority of fans could see at end of September there was mitigating circumstances. The performances wernt bad.

Always believe in the performances..even when you dont get the deserved result.

We have had a bit of luck recently but it does even out.

Some of the shit spouted out after our first 7 games was ridiculous.

Sbarcher

It’s obvious, Hyam was the weak link!

edit, Fatso beat me to it. Should have read all the comments.

rob9872

giphy.gif

Dom Hyam

higgs

How many points did we have after this many games last season?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I just fucking love this club.

We all have our moments falling out and having different opinions. You just can't stop the love for this club though, just like you can't stop the sun from setting. Today was just another example, and amazing.

I really wish I could go to more games. You are all like a family to me.

alexccfc99

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but imagine if Moore hadn’t come miles off his line at Millwall, and we didn’t make a crap Hull team look like Barcelona

We’d be in an unbelievably strong position with games in hand:cry:

rob9872

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but imagine if Moore hadn’t come miles off his line at Millwall, and we didn’t make a crap Hull team look like Barcelona

Is she from Dallas?

Dirk Turpin

that run of clean sheets did wonders for us and the teams mindset, what looked like a make shift defence earlier this season hasn't been too bad

Astute

Think we can push for the top 2 if we can cope with injuries/suspensions.

And the farce of the world Cup splitting the season will help us to keep the players fresher. Just what a small squad needs.

stevefloyd

We all have our moments falling out and having different opinions. You just can't stop the love for this club though, just like you can't stop the sun from setting. Today was just another example, and amazing.

Awww thanks Dad 😀

slowpoke

results like today put me on such a high, and then I get into the realms of ‘what if?’. We aren’t asking for the world, just a couple of million to give us a squad of more than 12 players 😫
You don’t need a couple of million just enough to bring the one, two or even three loans Robins mentioned to bolster our squad and sell none of our star names in January, get those loans in and the return of Dabo, Godden, Waghorn & Kelly we will be well equipt for a surge towards the top six maybe even better. But we are talking sisu here imo the idea of promotion doesn’t fit their dna. Now get a new owner in and I’ll start to get a bit excited.

The Philosopher

Think there has been a few issues within the camp thrashed out as well, you think back to the Norwich game and the body language and attitude stank - Completely night and day in comparison now
I think MR had a bit of a strop when Hyam was sold and we didn’t get a replacement. Didn’t we have a match or two where he didn’t name a full bench? (surely he could have put a couple of U21’s in). If MR wasn’t happy it would have spread throughout the squad. Add to this the pitch issues and having to play at Burton, O’Hare crocked, Hamer seeing more cards than Moonpig….

Happily, it seems to have created a siege mentality and the squad is playing as a close knit team. That’s the impression that I get.

The Philosopher

You don’t need a couple of million just enough to bring the one, two or even three loans Robins mentioned to bolster our squad and sell none of our star names in January, get those loans in and the return of Dabo, Godden, Waghorn & Kelly we will be well equipt for a surge towards the top six maybe even better. But we are talking sisu here imo the idea of promotion doesn’t fit their dna. Now get a new owner in and I’ll start to get a bit excited.
We need to bring some in, that is true.

Not a loan, but did anyone catch Connor Wickham today playing for Forest Green? It was on BBC (I’ve been laid up with a broken metatarsal so I’ve been watching more footy than normal. Division 10 (or whatever) South Shields v Forest Green - go on then). He scored a couple and one was a worldy.

Anyway, to me he was a top top prospect who had seemed to have disappeared for 5 years and now he’s at Forest Green. Bit of Google shows he had a serious knee injury that’d kept him out for a long long time.

He signed a short term at FGR which expires in Jan. 7 goals in 14. He’s 29, 6ft 3, might fit the bill as a cheap back up to Vic, particularly if we are looking (as we were) to get 12k/week Waghorn and £similar Walker off the wage bill.

Flying Fokker

We might as well throw Blackpool in as well. Ifs buts and maybe’s are the best part of the game for me. The past 5 years slightly compensate for a long time of league mediocrity/decline whichever league. Each season has its unique set of experiences.

The Philosopher

We might as well throw Blackpool in as well. Ifs buts and maybe’s are the best part of the game for me. The past 5 years slightly compensate for a long time of league mediocrity/decline whichever league. Each season has its unique set of experiences.
Similarly, if Watford had buried those two open goals then we’d be in the relegation places, I think.

We had some bad luck earlier this season but she’s been smiling on us of late.

Sky Blue Pete

Have you been drinking

Sky Blue Harry H

We need to bring some in, that is true.

Not a loan, but did anyone catch Connor Wickham today playing for Forest Green? It was on BBC (I’ve been laid up with a broken metatarsal so I’ve been watching more footy than normal. Division 10 (or whatever) South Shields v Forest Green - go on then). He scored a couple and one was a worldy.

Anyway, to me he was a top top prospect who had seemed to have disappeared for 5 years and now he’s at Forest Green. Bit of Google shows he had a serious knee injury that’d kept him out for a long long time.

He signed a short term at FGR which expires in Jan. 7 goals in 14. He’s 29, 6ft 3, might fit the bill as a cheap back up to Vic, particularly if we are looking (as we were) to get 12k/week Waghorn and £similar Walker off the wage bill.

Hi Connor's agent 👋

Users who are viewing this thread