End of september to now (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

We need to bring some in, that is true.

Not a loan, but did anyone catch Connor Wickham today playing for Forest Green? It was on BBC (I’ve been laid up with a broken metatarsal so I’ve been watching more footy than normal. Division 10 (or whatever) South Shields v Forest Green - go on then). He scored a couple and one was a worldy.

Anyway, to me he was a top top prospect who had seemed to have disappeared for 5 years and now he’s at Forest Green. Bit of Google shows he had a serious knee injury that’d kept him out for a long long time.

He signed a short term at FGR which expires in Jan. 7 goals in 14. He’s 29, 6ft 3, might fit the bill as a cheap back up to Vic, particularly if we are looking (as we were) to get 12k/week Waghorn and £similar Walker off the wage bill.
Wow, just wow.

ptr

Dropping Simon Moore had the biggest impact. Gave away so many points at the start.

skybluetony176

A lot of over reaction in this thread to be honest.
We've gone full circle from the relegation fodder hysteria of a few weeks ago to talk of automatics!
Place is barking!!
We should at least play our games in hand before people start even thinking about getting excited. It’s a great run of form and long may it last but it’s a bit early to get excited. Let’s see where we are at Easter. As someone has already pointed out the league is tight. By Easter we may be willing to accept staying up on goal difference.

clint van damme

We should at least play our games in hand before people start even thinking about getting excited. It’s a great run of form and long may it last but it’s a bit early to get excited. Let’s see where we are at Easter. As someone has already pointed out the league is tight. By Easter we may be willing to accept staying up on goal difference.

It's amazing that a few weeks ago anyone citing cancelled games, pitch issues etc as a factor in our bad start were getting told they were burying their heads in the sand.
Now apparently, that's what's prevented us from being top 2 :ROFLMAO:
Never change SBT

JAM See

I had us down to finish 16th on a previous thread.

I'm sticking with that (although I would love a top 10 finish. just don't think we've got the strength in depth to sustain a push in 2023).

Sick Boy

I had us down to finish 16th on a previous thread.

I'm sticking with that (although I would love a top 10 finish. just don't think we've got the strength in depth to sustain a push in 2023).
It really depends on what happens in January - I can’t see Vik being here after then.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Match sharpness caught up with the rest of the league
Focussing on being hard to beat on the road
A rub of the green in certain games

Plus what I don't think can be underestimated: confidence breeds confidence

Building momentum is very underestimated too, something that we struggled to do (through no fault of our own) with all the postponements.

The Philosopher

Wow, just wow.
“Wow”?

That’ll be the guy who got 1 goal 1 assist in the Champ yesterday?

What did he cost? Oh. Free agent signed last month until the end of the season. Not a huge long term contract risk then.

With a squad as threadbare as ours this season having a 6ft3 ex £10m Prem Eng u21 low risk low cost back up to Vik (I mean who’s up top if he’s suspended or out - bye bye any lingering play off hopes)

“Wow, just wow”

Clown.

clint van damme

“Wow”?

What did he cost? Oh. Free agent signed last month until the end of the season. Not a huge long term contract risk then.

With a squad as threadbare as ours this season having a 6ft3 ex £10m Prem Eng u21 low risk low cost back up to Vik (I mean who’s up top if he’s suspended or out - bye bye any lingering play off hopes)

“Wow, just wow”

Clown.

He was caught on video doing balloons in the week. Do we really want a player like that?
He's had 10 clubs for a reason.

Legia Sky Blue

“Wow”?

“Wow, just wow”

Clown.

I find it quite funny that this was biting at you to the extent that you've hung on nearly 5 months to give it an 'I told you so' reply. We just need Hudlin to come good now :)

TomRad85

"Wickham.... Hudliiiiiiiinnnnn!!!!... oohh I swear you'll never see anything like this ever again!!"

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: SBT

NorthernWisdom

I find it quite funny that this was biting at you to the extent that you've hung on nearly 5 months to give it an 'I told you so' reply. We just need Hudlin to come good now :)
A while since he moved to be able to boast of a goal and assist against a side in freefall too. Even Maguire might score a goal some time!

Now tbf I wouldn't have minded him as he does have some kind of pedigree, but he does appear to be a bit of a moron, and have set South Wales alight since going there, has just increased the sale of laughing gas.

Users who are viewing this thread