Empty seats (1 Viewer)

shepardo01

The family stand has had a lot of empty seats all season and the ratio of adults to kids seems off

suspect there's more than a handful of adults who have little intention of taking their kids regularly who moved there for the cheap season tickets which is frustrating when it sold out quickly and likely meant people who actually intended to take their kids couldn't get tickets

we've heard all sorts of excuses for the empty seats but yesterday was a Saturday 3pm game that hadn't been rearranged so not really any reason for it not to be full
I've said it before, I think there will be some single seats that are unsellable - you have to buy an adult and a child together in that section.

pitts head

I am a season ticket holder but will miss the Ipswich and QPR games as I am on holiday in Dorset with the family.
So my seat will be empty for these games.
The Ipswich game was moved after I had booked the holiday.
The QPR kick off time being moved to 12.30 has scuppered me.
Coming back that day.
I would have made a 3pm kick off.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Loads of empty seats in the first 10 rows of blocks 20, 21 and 22 and on the corner east to west stands.
The section that was opened up nearest the Leeds fans behind the goal had a lot of empty seats as well. Loads in north stand too.
There must have been hundreds if not at least 1000 in the south, east and north stands together.
I know families are on holiday, kids off etc but other clubs don't seem to announce effectively what is a sell out and then have so many empty seats .
We had 30,200 with about 1000 not taken in the safety zone south stand . There's over 1000 seats unaccounted for isn't there ?

Sky Blue Pete

They'll have to sort the ticket sales out for the upper deck in the close season it's ridiculous that it's so empty, also someone mentioned yesterday the main stand where the KoS banners are should be for sale from the start with a premium price tag. They're also giving out less away tickets than what it holds, we're just losing money
There’s nowhere for the to go as I understand it. The room doesn’t hold enough

hinckley cov

With 5 mins of normal time left people were walking out, I can’t understand why leave with the game on a knife edge and with 5 mins injury time that’s ten minutes left.

Mucca Mad Boys

I am a season ticket holder but will miss the Ipswich and QPR games as I am on holiday in Dorset with the family.
Coming back that day.

Isn’t the last game of the season always an early KO? Last season being an exception because of the coronation moving all the games to the bank holiday Monday.

SBbucks

Isn’t the last game of the season always an early KO? Last season being an exception because of the coronation moving all the games to the bank holiday Monday.

It was 12:30 Saturday in 2022 (Stoke), that’s fairly usual. The one time it was not going to be was 3pm on the Saturday.

pusbccfc

It looks how it looks - my feeling has always been: if you care that much about how empty that stand looks on TV, go and sit there.

You can't sit there, that's the problem. Those seats that are empty are 'sold'.

pusbccfc

It's been full before and is for concerts last year it was full.

Problem seems to be that you can't sell £170 hospitality packages up there and sell a seat alone for £40.

bigfatronssba

If I were Doug, I'd be looking at reducing down the hospitality section and converting some of those seats to standard admission. It is crazy how we keep selling out with empty seats.
Secondly, going forward I would say if you have a family zone season ticket, and you don't turn up for at least 75% of games, you forfeit it in the following season and a more deserving family gets the chance of a cheap season ticket

chiefdave

Just looked at the England Women’s game on YouTube and there looks to be a lot more people up there than we’re now being told is the maximum

Why do they need so much room up there? Only been in there on a non match day but from memory there’s a lot more room up there than there is in the concourse of the tier below

David O'Day

I’m in this category, my brother has been to less than 10 games this season. I do recall speaking to a gentleman after QPR away who’s London-based and said that he doesn’t really go to games but got a ST in the hype of the playoff run.

Lots of empty seats all around the FZ and I believe that it should be reduced to the 2-3 corner blocks.

A concept the club could explore is the tracking of attendance of STHs. With England games, the caps (loyalty points) are only added after the ticket is scanned at the turnstile. Perhaps to discourage STHs who buy tickets but don’t go.

The above is only practical if we’re regularly selling out games. In the interim, a system to release the seats back to the club would be a good idea.
The club don't give a rats if a STH goes or not, they just care that they have brought their ticket

Jonny

The club don't give a rats if a STH goes or not, they just care that they have brought their ticket
I was making this point to someone the other day, but then thought about the potential missed money in food and drink. Has it ever been confirmed if we get a portion, and if so, how big that portion is?

Mucca Mad Boys

Not all clubs, it’s obviously not been a problem when we haven’t been selling out games until last season.

If we were to sell out every game and there was an opportunity for the club to resell the tickets, then the club would care.

For all the kerfuffle Doug King got for increasing ticket prices for juniors, the amount of empty seats in the FZ represents a seat that could’ve been sold at full price for a big game like yesterday where demand was there.

This system exists for most clubs who sell out their games. In fact, Man U have a 3 strike rule for non-attendance (if the ticket hasn’t been sold back to the club).

skybluelee

Coming back that day.
If you let me borrow your ST I'll tell you the nicest places to visit whilst you're here. :cool:

hamertime

I’ve been harping on about kids season ticket prices as soon as they were announced. I think Doug did them so low as one off to appease the fans as there was uproar you couldn’t sit in other parts of the ground cheaply.

I’ve got some for my kids but they are way to cheap I would have paid triple. There are loads of people just bought them to accumulate points in their kids account and guarantee a Wembley ticket if we got there as you can buy adult tickets for away games in a kids account.

I’m 100% sure these tickets will be sorted out when they prices are released.

Essexrobbie

Same for us at Norwich. I was about 5 seats in from the segregation on the Norwich side and was more or less surrounded by young little twats giving it large to our lot over the wall. They didn't sing a single song but had the nerve to take the pee out of what we were singing. I moved further in to avoid a conflict but then had a bunch of pensioners who literally spent ten minutes of the second half googling to try and find out who our rivals were. The best they could come up with was Incester. Again not a single song from that stand only criticism of us. I've been to quite a few grounds in the home section, just to see a game but Norwich was by far the worst Ive ever had to experience, and literally a library for atmosphere.

Great_Expectations

Just looked at the England Women’s game on YouTube and there looks to be a lot more people up there than we’re now being told is the maximum

Why do they need so much room up there? Only been in there on a non match day but from memory there’s a lot more room up there than there is in the concourse of the tier below

Been up there a lot for a variety of reasons and there is definitely more than enough space to do something with that it. Not sure what that looks like, but there’s an opportunity to ensure it’s better utilised than this season.

Users who are viewing this thread