Empty seats (3 Viewers)

CV22SBA

I’ve just watched the highlights back and I can’t believe how many empty seats there were yesterday. I sit in the main stand and it looked full apart from the segregation. Looking back now, there were hundreds of empty seats in the family section, main stand and hospitality, even the balcony which was supposed to be sold out was only 65/70% full. The last two blocks were completely empty, not a single person in them.

I get the attendance is based on tickets sold but I just don’t buy it that so many people buy a ticket and then don’t turn up.
Are the club limiting sales in sections, but I guess then why announce 30K. Even the Leeds end was sold out but at the top of block 6 and down the side was empty.

pusbccfc

Really wish they'd move the cameras.

The club are giving too many tickets out to players' families and they aren't getting used.

Leeds end had empty seats because people were stood on the stairs.

Evo1883

I’ve just watched the highlights back and I can’t believe how many empty seats there were yesterday. I sit in the main stand and it looked full apart from the segregation. Looking back now, there were hundreds of empty seats in the family section, main stand and hospitality, even the balcony which was supposed to be sold out was only 65/70% full. The last two blocks were completely empty, not a single person in them.

I get the attendance is based on tickets sold but I just don’t buy it that so many people buy a ticket and then don’t turn up.
Are the club limiting sales in sections, but I guess then why announce 30K. Even the Leeds end was sold out but at the top of block 6 and down the side was empty.

It's purely season ticket holders that haven't turned up mostly .. remember the kids are off school so some people will have been away too

Second goal also 49th minute not everybody back in their seat

Ashdown

Yes I noticed on TV a fair few empty seats, you will always get some that can’t make it but why so many in corporate and why any at all in the Leeds end considering the demand🤷‍♂️

Covkid1968#

I think That section of empty seats in the away end was also empty for a sold out Leicester away end. Really odd

clint van damme

It's purely season ticket holders that haven't turned up mostly .. remember the kids are off school so some people will have been away too

Second goal also 49th minute not everybody back in their seat

Yeah, I got back to my seat on 46 minutes and there were still loads in the concourse when I was making my way back

torchomatic

I never get why streams of people start leaving their seats around 35 mins and then come back up ten minutes into the second half.

M&B Stand

Let’s be honest, if we had that segregation for a derby game, it wouldn’t be long before something happened.
Quite possibly, however theres no justification for the size of the netted off area yesterday, especially when games are selling out.
I know the club are really trying, not owning the stadium and having an overly enthusiastic SAG is hampering them.

skyblue025

I think some people bought a kids season ticket for £50 to give them access to 2 away tickets. Hasn't really worked out for them due to demand this season.

Last edited:

Gynnsthetonic

They'll have to sort the ticket sales out for the upper deck in the close season it's ridiculous that it's so empty, also someone mentioned yesterday the main stand where the KoS banners are should be for sale from the start with a premium price tag. They're also giving out less away tickets than what it holds, we're just losing money

Last edited:

SBbucks

I think some people bought a kids season ticket for £50 to give them access to 2 away tickets. Hasn't really worked out for them due to.demand this.season

That seems to be the main problem in the North stand, loads of empty seats throughout the game. That’s what happens when they sell children seats too cheaply. They need to be more sensibly priced so people see value in them and use them. Also possible slight effect of Easter holidays, but it’s been very apparent at other high attendance games too.
I think this will be addressed in the next season ticket sales, there’s no way that Doug allows this to continue.

CV22SBA

That seems to be the main problem in the North stand, loads of empty seats throughout the game. That’s what happens when they sell children seats too cheaply. They need to be more sensibly priced so people see value in them and use them. Also possible slight effect of Easter holidays, but it’s been very apparent at other high attendance games too.
I think this will be addressed in the next season ticket sales, there’s no way that Doug allows this to continue.
They need to stop people buying different age categories on their ST for away games aswell.

skyblue025

It always baffles me how many people turn up and don't watch the game. Go down to the concourse on 35 minutes, don't come back up until the 55th minute etc. Just go watch it in a pub if all you want to do is get pissed.
Then go for a piss at least once in each half. They are literally missing a 1/3rd of the game.

PVA

I think yesterday (and for the rest of the home games) there will be some empty seats where people have bought tickets to bump their accounts to 50pts to get Wembley tickets.

Johnnythespider

Could the away end be undersold due to a ratio of people to facilities, now they are in a smaller section of the stand the number of toilets and the like will have reduced.

MikeyMoo

It takes a very long time to take a piss at my age, and people my age don’t take a piss unless it is worth taking a very long time to do it!

1712485402931.gif

mmttww

People are reading way too much into this.

Ground was loud and full. Just enjoy it, FFS!

skybluecam

I think That section of empty seats in the away end was also empty for a sold out Leicester away end. Really odd
Because everyone stands, no one sticks to seats and no one wants to be right in the top corner.

If you look at our away followings which are sold out almost every week the away end still looks like it has empty seats because people cram into certain sections.

chiefdave

The family stand has had a lot of empty seats all season and the ratio of adults to kids seems off

suspect there's more than a handful of adults who have little intention of taking their kids regularly who moved there for the cheap season tickets which is frustrating when it sold out quickly and likely meant people who actually intended to take their kids couldn't get tickets

we've heard all sorts of excuses for the empty seats but yesterday was a Saturday 3pm game that hadn't been rearranged so not really any reason for it not to be full

pusbccfc

I think yesterday (and for the rest of the home games) there will be some empty seats where people have bought tickets to bump their accounts to 50pts to get Wembley tickets.

Doubt it.

If you're such a big fan desperate to go to Wembley, why pay £37 for a ticket to get 10 points and then not go to a match?

Mucca Mad Boys

The family stand has had a lot of empty seats all season and the ratio of adults to kids seems off

suspect there's more than a handful of adults who have little intention of taking their kids regularly who moved there for the cheap season tickets which is frustrating when it sold out quickly and likely meant people who actually intended to take their kids couldn't get tickets

we've heard all sorts of excuses for the empty seats but yesterday was a Saturday 3pm game that hadn't been rearranged so not really any reason for it not to be full

I’m in this category, my brother has been to less than 10 games this season. I do recall speaking to a gentleman after QPR away who’s London-based and said that he doesn’t really go to games but got a ST in the hype of the playoff run.

Lots of empty seats all around the FZ and I believe that it should be reduced to the 2-3 corner blocks.

A concept the club could explore is the tracking of attendance of STHs. With England games, the caps (loyalty points) are only added after the ticket is scanned at the turnstile. Perhaps to discourage STHs who buy tickets but don’t go.

The above is only practical if we’re regularly selling out games. In the interim, a system to release the seats back to the club would be a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread