Email From Dan Walker (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Ok last week my partner wanted to surprise me to a season ticket with my son for this season, but she wanted to know some simple questions that I couldn't give answers too so I told her to email the club.
This is what she wrote...
Hi my names Ms Smith

I have been recently looking into purchasing a season ticket for my partner and my son who is 3 years old. I've seen the special offers for making my child a JSB member which is more than likely the option I will be taking because it will save me a fair bit of money. I have also noticed about the early bird prices which to be fair I can see why people are snapping them up now instead of paying more in July/August time, but as this will be a 1st season ticket for my partner (which will be a surprise treat) and my son I was intending to purchase these next week.
Something has now made me think twice about purchasing these season tickets, with the latest news coming from yourselves and the Coventry Evening Telegraph about players leaving, with no possible chance of anyone being signed, due to an embargo. And also the club not being guaranteed to even start the full season . So I am going to need these questions answered first before I go purchase these tickets.

1) When will the Transfer Embargo be lifted?
2) Are the club going to be able to fulfill the fixture list?
3) Will anyone be signed before the season starts?
4) If I buy a club shirt will my child have a franchise name to even put on his back?

I could ask many more as they're no guarantees that my money will be put to good use by the club, I don't even know if this club will be around much longer.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I'll look forward into hearing a response from the club to encourage me that my purchase of season tickets will be worth it.

Regards

Ms Smith

AND THIS WAS THE REPLY

Hi Ms Smith,

Thank you for your email. Hopefully I can help address some of your issues.

In regards to the transfer embargo, whilst I can’t give you a date the embargo will be lifted I can assure you that this is something our finance team are working very hard on at the minute and we are all hopeful the situation will be resolved. Once this is done then any transfer activity can be initiated by the club and whilst I can’t say for certain, due to the fickle nature of football, that anyone will be signed before the start of the season, I would personally be confident that some additional players will be brought in.

The club will certainly still be here next season and there are definitely not any plans I am aware of to the contrary. All of our planning is certainly based around playing our full quota of games.

I hope this is useful for you but if you need any more information or have any more questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards

Dan Walker
Ticketing Manager
Coventry City Football Club
& Ricoh Arena
T: 0844 873 6332
F: 0844 873 6301
W: www.ccfc.co.uk

Still don't really give my partner or myself any reassurance does it? :facepalm:

rob9872

I doubt they would tell him anything anyhow. His job is to sell tickets and they would happily take anyone's money right up until the second bvefore they pull the plug if that were their intention.

Marty

Can't help but feel you were asking the questions to the wrong person.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm pleased she took the time to write that out, but I think any communication like that with the club is just going to get either waffle, half truths, propaganda, or a combination in response. They won't tell us anything that will threaten sales and for that reason we have to do the real digging ourselves.

Marty

My partner wrote that email and she knows nothing about footie, only what she reads in the CT.

It doesn't matter who wrote it, I wouldn't go into Tesco's and ask the bird on the checkouts what the 12 month forecast was for the coming year. You asked the wrong person questions and the answers reflect this.

skybluebeduff

It doesn't matter who wrote it, I wouldn't go into Tesco's and ask the bird on the checkouts what the 12 month forecast was for the coming year. You asked the wrong person questions and the answers reflect this.

Feel free to pass on Joys email, I'm sure the questions would be changed considerably.

ajsccfc

Can't really expect much more from the ticketing manager I'd have thought, like Carl Baker's probably not best placed to tell you what's on the menu in the corporate box.

Grendel

In reality what do you expect as an answer. Commercial businesses would never be able to give 100% guarantees on anything. If he said the embargo will be lifted on the 15th June and wasn't you could then take action. It's an answer any business would provide if you asked specifics like that.

AFCCOVENTRY

"whilst I can’t give you a date the embargo will be lifted I can assure you that this is something our finance team are working very hard on at the minute and we are all hopeful the situation will be resolved"

Doesn't even say the situation will be resolved SOON....

just hope it gets resolved

lol

:D

Sterling Archer

Which email did she use as I have tried to email the club recently (bastards charged me full price as opposed to ealry bird offer when I renewed my season ticket back in March) and they haven't got back to me in a week! :jerkit:

cashless

Are you for real? As if he can answer whether we are going to be buying any players or not !- he is the ticket office manager. If you need answers to those questions then I would suggest you were not really bothered about getting a season ticket in the first place.
Buying a season ticket is always a leap of faith - the lower price and guaranteed seat are your rewards for the loyalty shown in the club - asking him whether the club will still be around next season is ridiculous - whats he going to say? No?
I think he showed admirable restraint at your rant - i would have just deleted it.

hamil99

Facebook User
Are you for real? As if he can answer whether we are going to be buying any players or not !- he is the ticket office manager. If you need answers to those questions then I would suggest you were not really bothered about getting a season ticket in the first place.
Buying a season ticket is always a leap of faith - the lower price and guaranteed seat are your rewards for the loyalty shown in the club - asking him whether the club will still be around next season is ridiculous - whats he going to say? No?
I think he showed admirable restraint at your rant - i would have just deleted it.

Wish I could just delete this.

cashless

Why? whingers like you and him should either just shut it or buy a ticket instead of asking for stupid guarantees on players and investment.

Stoppercurtis

Who knows? I remember Woolworths saying every thing was hunky dory 2 months before it went bust. I guess you have to ask yourself "do you believe that the club will go into liqidation"? I think there is at least a 30% chance that it may happen so after over 50 years of supporting the club I am not going to buy a season ticket any time soon.

Stopper

Nonleagueherewecome

Again, wrong person,

For financial questions, your best bet would probably be the accountants.

And what makes you think they would be any less transparent? n At least she wrote to somebody who replied, I very much doubt the accounts team would even do that.

Nonleagueherewecome

Why? whingers like you and him should either just shut it or buy a ticket instead of asking for stupid guarantees on players and investment.

You got a new ID, TIMS? :thinking about:

Marty

And what makes you think they would be any less transparent? n At least she wrote to somebody who replied, I very much doubt the accounts team would even do that.

That's not the point I was making, If you want a question answered you go to the person in the best position to give you an answer. Whether they respond or not is a different question. Some people on this site love to pick up on anything to have a whinge about, Dan Walker is being ambiguous (not sure if that's the word i'm after but i'll go with it) simple because he doesn't know and trying to respond in a diplomatic way.

skybluebeduff

Simple question, that's all you :jerkit: it's the only email she found you :jerkit: :claping hands:

mark82

If I sent an email into someone at my bank, if I had addressed the wrong person I would expect it to be referred to someone with sufficient knowledge. Why should writing to a football club be any different?

Delboycov

Was I the only person who read the title of the thread and thought you'd had an email from Dan Walker from Football Focus? Disappointed now....

WillieStanley

Just thought I'd mention, without reading the whole of the thread, that Dan Walker is a friend of mine. A good, honest local lad who has been at the club for years and worked his way up from an unpaid role, just for the love. He is only told so much but, when asked, will give as much info as he can. He is well and truly, one of us.

Gaz

Just thought I'd mention, without reading the whole of the thread, that Dan Walker is a friend of mine. A good, honest local lad who has been at the club for years and worked his way up from an unpaid role, just for the love. He is only told so much but, when asked, will give as much info as he can. He is well and truly, one of us.

Good to hear we have people like this at the club.

Users who are viewing this thread