Email From Dan Walker (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Sheepy

Tbf I think hes answered honestly. He doesn't know but I doubt many people below higher management would know. Its nice he took the time to reply

Delboycov

Just thought I'd mention, without reading the whole of the thread, that Dan Walker is a friend of mine. A good, honest local lad who has been at the club for years and worked his way up from an unpaid role, just for the love. He is only told so much but, when asked, will give as much info as he can. He is well and truly, one of us.

Sad thing is the way shitsu are treating good, loyal,honest staff, Dan Walker of Football Focus probably knows more about what's going on at our shambles of a club. There's been a few others with Dan's loyalty and love for the club but unfortunately I don't believe the current regime will give 2 shits about them when push comes to shove.

InterSkyBlues

Duff. Thank you for the thread. It's useful tit bits even if we are no closer to the truth. I personally appreciate any news right now however small or inconsequential. I'm not sure how the criticism above helps when all you were doing was passing on some news. Again, thank you.

hamil99

Facebook User
Duff. Thank you for the thread. It's useful tit bits even if we are no closer to the truth. I personally appreciate any news right now however small or inconsequential. I'm not sure how the criticism above helps when all you were doing was passing on some news. Again, thank you.

My sentiments exactly bud!

skybluebeduff

You're welcome :wave:

cashless

If I sent an email into someone at my bank, if I had addressed the wrong person I would expect it to be referred to someone with sufficient knowledge. Why should writing to a football club be any different?

Thats like asking your local bank branch if they can guarantee Interest rates will stay the same before I apply for a mortgage with you and if they cant answer to pass to the MD for a response
So, following your "logic", Dan should have passed your note on to Joy Seppala for a response...
like I said, a daft email

TheSnoz

You're lucky you got a reply. I posted a letter to Dan Walker 6 weeks ago. Still waiting for an answer.

skybluebeduff

Thats like asking your local bank branch if they can guarantee Interest rates will stay the same before I apply for a mortgage with you and if they cant answer to pass to the MD for a response
So, following your "logic", Dan should have passed your note on to Joy Seppala for a response...

That email was posted to 5 separate emails which you can find on the CCFC website, he was the only response, that's all my partner wanted was a "response".

mark82

There are people within a bank that could give you an accurate answer other than the MD. In your example there should absolutely be someone who could explain the situation. The same as any business should strive to give an accurate response to an emailed query. If any goods are sold on the back of that response then damages could be sought to compensate regardless of who within the company the email response had come from. It would be classified as mis-selling.

hamil99

Facebook User

I'm sorry I've been biting my tongue for to long. Piss of mate and stop being the arsehole you naturally seem to be...

Grendel

I'm sorry I've been biting my tongue for to long. Piss of mate and stop being the arsehole you naturally seem to be...

Actually it isn't and you clearly have zero idea on how a business functions. If for example you wrote to an organisation and said if you buy a product and said manufacturer please guarantee this product will not attract a set of listed defects what do you think happens? Well what will happen is they will place the letter in the PR department who will make a generic statement regarding durability and also excellent warranty terms but would never make a definitive statement which may then render them liable.

If these questions were posed to any organisation you would get the same answer back.

mark82

Actually it isn't and you clearly have zero idea on how a business functions. If for example you wrote to an organisation and said if you buy a product and said manufacturer please guarantee this product will not attract a set of listed defects what do you think happens? Well what will happen is they will place the letter in the PR department who will make a generic statement regarding durability and also excellent warranty terms but would never make a definitive statement which may then render them liable.

If these questions were posed to any organisation you would get the same answer back.

Agree, a generic answer is to be expected. However, if you will only buy a product if it meets criteria x, y & z then it would be reasonable to ask the selling company questions to satisfy that it meets your needs. Only the person making the enquiry can decide if the response received is of use to them (i.e. in this case satisfies them that buying a season ticket would be a safe/worthy purchase). It is a very personal thing.

Basically, if the reply satisfies you, you would proceed with your purchase. If not, you don't, or you seek further clarification.

I don't see the problem with the email sent. It is sent to the correct department as the author is making queries with regards to purchasing a season ticket. It is down to the person the email is sent to to deal with it in an appropriate way if they want to make a sale. This is exactly how business works.

If I receive an email at work I cannot deal with then I find the appropriate person who can and make sure they either provide me the required information to pass onto the customer or reply to the customer on my behalf. If I did not do this and just fobbed the customer off or said "I don't know" without making an attempt to answer the customers query (or provided inaccurate information) then I would quickly find myself on the dole.

Last edited:

hamil99

Facebook User

I ment the pure fact that the guy was purely trying to pass on the info he got. If you don't like the info, there no need to slate the guy, it ain't like he's passing on some bull shit from footballrumours.com. I found the post interesting and was shocked how some people berated the poor guy for just passing on some info.

Users who are viewing this thread