Elson hooi in talks? (1 Viewer)

higgs

We are becoming known in Europe again happy days

shy_tall_knight

Our record over the years with Benelux players is very poor, the only good one I can think of is George Boateng, Van Gool, Rudi Kaiser, De Zoo, Dlorges, Philippe Clemente and Ellery Cairo, all a waste of time

Otis

Seem to remember people raving over a video of Ellery Cairo, which turned out to be a computer simulation from Fifa or something?
Just wondering. Do you think the FL and officials would notice if we had computer simulations on the pitch?

Be great if we could cos if we lost a game we could simply not save it and reload it back up again for a second go.

rupert_bear

When you watch that video you can't help but get a bit excited watching Hooi in action with him on one wing and Murphy the other with a pick from Cole, Maddison, Armstrong let alone anyone else we might get we have to believe this could be our year.

hamil99

Facebook User
Boateng was asuperb centre midfielder for us one of our best until Gordon Strachan went to bed one night and dreamt he was best wide midfield
#

Absolutley and the fact he played most of his career in the Prem after leaving us says it all really

fernandopartridge

Boateng was a bargain. He cost us something like £250k from Feyenoord

Aye, it was because he was going out of contract. Like somebody else says, he was excellent in central midfield so Strachan decided to play him right wing (to accommodate McAllister returning from injury).

Kneeza

Our record over the years with Benelux players is very poor, the only good one I can think of is George Boateng, Van Gool, Rudi Kaiser, De Zoo, Dlorges, Philippe Clemente and Ellery Cairo, all a waste of time
Can't believe you lumped Boateng in with that collection of carthorses (and when I say carthorses i'm being very kind to Roger van Gool).

Hobo

Can't believe you lumped Boateng in with that collection of carthorses (and when I say carthorses i'm being very kind to Roger van Gool).
He hasn't he said Boateng was the only good one followed by dodgy punctuation.

Hobo

Glad TM is sticking with the policy of get the player in first on trial before making a decision

wingy

R
Well Van Gool was 40 years ahead of his time.....

On the beard front. :p

Grendel

Martin Jol was another class signing from that region

Happy_Martian

Agree that Boateng was a success but I'm disappointed that noones mentioned another Benelux Sky Blue hero, Cédric Roussel.

Rodders1

Ritchie Partridge was a player - until every team marked him with about 3 players.

I remember David Thompson also basically trying to beat teams on his own.

Both good wingers.

mechaishida

Don't care Hooi is, if he can play, get him in.

I think that's exhausted the Hooi puns now, hopefully.

Seems to be similar to Kent from what I've seen, but at least he looks up and tries to cross it.

Users who are viewing this thread