Ellis Simms (3 Viewers)

Evo1883

Incredibly impressed with his growth as a player this season , notably post Christmas

There was at one stage genuine concern the lad couldn't even trap a ball however he's really grown into the season and for me improved the small parts of his game so much .
I think ellis will go on to hit about 20 league goals alone next season and continue his progress as a player here at coventry into the Premier league ( I hope )

SBAndy

Was a big fan of his signing last summer but when we got to December even I started doubting there was this in there. Clearly added so much to his game in a rather short timeframe.

Sky Blue Pete

Incredibly impressed with his growth as a player this season , notably post Christmas

There was at one stage genuine concern the lad couldn't even trap a ball however he's really grown into the season and for me improved the small parts of his game so much .
I think ellis will go on to hit about 20 league goals alone next season and continue his progress as a player here at coventry into the Premier league ( I hope )
So level headed
Watching him after he’s hit the bar in extra time of a cup semi final with the same nonchalance as missing against Maidstone

Londonccfcfan

Was a big fan of his signing last summer but when we got to December even I started doubting there was this in there. Clearly added so much to his game in a rather short timeframe.
Never really got a proper chance pre December.
He's one of those that knows where the back of the net is.

Was begging for him to get a proper backing and run of games. His overall game has improved no end.

His talent and ability was unquestionable imo.

Yorkshire SB

Looks the part. I think he’ll go through barren, low-confidence spells, but we all know what he’s capable of now, and he’s got so much scope to improve.

Exciting one, wouldn’t be shocked to see some serious interest in him this summer.

long way home

Said from the start he has made it as a pro on his natural physical attributes of size, pace and strength. I honestly don't think he has been coached properly as a pro by anyone until he came to us. He has been on loan to clubs who just used him without care of development or at Everton where the club is a mess and just needed results. To sell him shows they had no interest in developing him, just knew his physical attributes were of value

Now Adi and Robins have got hold of him settled him down and worked on his game, he has improved leaps and bounds on all the other aspects that was needed to match the physical side of his game. He seems a smart kid that is more than a battering ram. We now see beter 1st touch, better body shape when receiving the ball, better field awareness which is allowing hom to find better areas to be effective. Its all down to coaching and his effort to improve his confidence is high and when you have that the ball tends to fly in.

He is not a natural footballer but young and sounds smart enough to take instruction. He will always have to work at his game, but has a good mentality and will always be effective. Hope its with us he gets back in the prem but if not he will be a prem player within the next 2 years in my opinion. Well worth the money Robins seen a raw kid with potential and given more time will turn him into a player who will score goals at the top level.

Skyblue Bangkok

Said from the start he has made it as a pro on his natural physical attributes of size, pace and strength. I honestly don't think he has been coached properly as a pro by anyone until he came to us. He has been on loan to clubs who just used him without care of development or at Everton where the club is a mess and just needed results. To sell him shows they had no interest in developing him, just knew his physical attributes were of value

Now Adi and Robins have got hold of him settled him down and worked on his game, he has improved leaps and bounds on all the other aspects that needed to match the physical side of his game. He seems a smart kid that is more than a battering ram. We now see beter 1st touch, better body shape when receiving the ball, better field awareness which is allowing hom to find better areas to be effective. Its all down to coaching and his effort to improve his confidence is high and when you have that the ball tends to fly in.

He is not a natural footballer but young and sounds smart enough to take instruction. He will always have to work at his game, but has a good mentality and will always be effective. Hope its with us he gets back in the prem but if not he will be a prem player within the next 2 years in my opinion. Well worth the money Robins seen a raw kid with potential and given more time will turn him into a player who will score goals.
I bet Everton wish they still had him

long way home

Know a few Everton fans, they cant believe they didn't hold him and develop him. They were pushing him out the door instead of working with the lad. Everton just needed to money, right player wrong club. I think we are the right club at the right stage of his career. He picked smart and has bought into the culture hope he keeps listening to the good advice he is getting from inside and outside the club.

The other thing is we now is with Vik and Ellis coming in raw and being turned around others will see the path. And the club will start to see the model getting media acknowledgement.

Happy_Martian

So level headed
Watching him after he’s hit the bar in extra time of a cup semi final with the same nonchalance as missing against Maidstone

Watch him in the Unseen video after the game. He may be calm on the pitch but after, he's visibly frustrated.

Paxman II

He deffinately had it about him, and his impressive rise to form and consistency is a mark of good coaching. He's now a player who beleives in himself. Everton must be regretting ever letting him go.

PVA

He was superb on Sunday. Bullied Maguire at times.

I won’t say who it was, but a week or two ago I overheard a fairly senior squad member saying how rubbish Simms was at the start of the season. I think his improvement has probably surprised the players and management as much as us!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I hold my hand up and admit to stating on here that Ellis Simms wasn't good enough a while back.
He's improved enormously. Strong , improved in the air. He's powerful and moves pretty well for a big man. Defenders are increasingly finding it difficult to knock him off the ball .
But also, Simms has the knackered of knowing where other team mates are , holds the ball up and lays it off really well .
Delighted to be wrong.

djr8369

He was superb on Sunday. Bullied Maguire at times.

I won’t say who it was, but a week or two ago I overheard a fairly senior squad member saying how rubbish Simms was at the start of the season. I think his improvement has probably surprised the players and management as much as us!
I’m really surprised by that. Was the word rubbish used or are you paraphrasing

False9

I told you so

cstring82

Strong, quick and a cool finisher. He'll play for England within 3 years I reckon.
Interestingly he mentioned at a Players evening he’s in the process of a Jamaican passport before looking at that option of international football. Can play for Poland as well as England too.

Skyblueweeman

We're so lucky that we've got two great attacking players capable of 20 goals a season. For years we've been crying out for just one. We then had Gyo and after losing him, we now have two. It really is such an important aspect of our season next season, Simms and Wright firing on all cylinders and staying injury free.

False9

Interestingly he mentioned at a Players evening he’s in the process of a Jamaican passport before looking at that option of international football. Can play for Poland as well as England too.
He really should hold out for England.

There is a real lack of number 9s coming through, I can't think of any youngish ones doing better than Simms right now.

Tea & Busquets

There is a real lack of number 9s coming through, I can't think of any youngish ones doing better than Simms right now.
I would say Solanke has more a chance right now, but besides him there's Delap, Stansfield and maybe Archer within a shot in the future, all of which are worse than Simms imo. Tammy Abraham is still only 26 as well.

skybluecam

Doubt he’ll get a look in for 3/4 years at least- Kane, Watkins, Toney, Solanke then even Wilson, DCL and Abraham. He’d have to be making a serious mark in the prem to challenge any of those.

Robinshio

Doubt he’ll get a look in for 3/4 years at least- Kane, Watkins, Toney, Solanke then even Wilson, DCL and Abraham. He’d have to be making a serious mark in the prem to challenge any of those.
i would expect in the next world cup he will have had a season of champions league football , so should be ready by then

Users who are viewing this thread