Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (4 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

Simms had three clear cut chances, one which he scuffed and two ballooned over the bar. The one in the first half was in the box and he was completely on his own in loads of space.

We have O'Hare, Palmer and Torp in midfield who are all creative players.
I’ll give you the one in the first half. The others you described were just not clear cut at all.

What did they create? Not a lot - that’s why COH was hauled off at HT.

Palmer played well in the first half, won the penalty but there were 3-4 times he got dispossessed or gave the ball away in the final third in the second half.

Scapegoat the strikers all you like, the issue is behind them. It wasn’t their fault we conceded two soft goals.

HadjiChippo

Simms had three clear cut chances, one which he scuffed and two ballooned over the bar. The one in the first half was in the box and he was completely on his own in loads of space.

We have O'Hare, Palmer and Torp in midfield who are all creative players.
The scuffed one was poor I’ll admit, but the over the bar ones were speculative with not much else on, would’ve been absolute worldies to score.

COH and Torp provided nothing creatively in the box for him last night. Palmer was clear our best player, both winning the ball and creatively but there was no clear cut chance in the box where I’d be expecting Simms to bury it. That’s a team issue.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The point was you said you gave Torp credit despite a bad performance, whilst slinging tonnes of shit at Simms for a bad performance (“donkey” , “get rid” etc.,)

Overall Torp is a fantastic player from he’s shown pre last night, Just confused why he gets credit when he did barely anything against WBA.

You focus on Simms when the entire team performance wasn’t good (exceptions being Palmer and Eccles)
You're right. It wasn't .
Torp is a fantastic player and for me could be destined for the premiership. He found it tough last night and so wasn't able to impose himself and use his vision and skill as he has in other matches. So yes, he was disappointing but all players have matches where it doesn't work but that can be forgiven .

Simms on the other hand was what I expected. Slow, clumsy, can't shoot very well, doesn't use his height to any particular advantage, gets pushed off the ball, can't trap a bag of sand. He didn't have a particularly poor game by his standards. He is simply a very very average footballer but, as you say, he's only 23.

Ashdown

Outsiders looking purely at stats and see
Wright 11 goals
Simms 9, would think we are being a bit harsh but watching week in week out we know both have fell short of expectations and that to be nearer the top we need better.

pusbccfc

CovLad94

Yes Ellis looks like he's playing with bowling shoes on at times and was v poor vs West brom. Looked sharp against Preston and Maidstone. Still alot of development and I think given time and patience which some of our fans can't deal with he will get better and better.

Great_Expectations

Not much point debating Simms, battle lines have been drawn by both sides.

Personally still think he’ll come good and we’ll see an improved striker next year. He’s clearly a massive introvert and possibly lacking in confidence despite the goals - MR and team have a job helping him with that.

Still, at least if he doesn’t make it here there’s loads of internet points for everyone who ‘called it’ ages ago.

Ashdown

Credit where credit is due ! Great result for City and Ellis in particular. The more I see him the more I think his confidence is the biggest issue. When he's on it he's on it !

b12345

Good performance outside of the goals tonight. Seems to be much better at linking play when he's knocking it quickly to a runner. The really heavy touches seem to come when he's trying to retain possession himself.

CCFCSteve

I think he has some way to go - his first touch is still horrendous, for example. But he’s building up a goalscoring record with multiple clubs that is hard to argue with.

It’s strange, when it’s pinged directly at him it never sticks, when he’s doing first time lay offs, he’s a lot better. Did some lovely first time balls tonight but agree, he’s got to learn how to hold ball up when there’s no team mates around him.

Coming a long well though and that thief was as good a first time finish as you’ll see. Comment by Robins about fans singing his song loudly says it all for me…support a player and most of the time we’ll get a positive response

shmmeee

It’s strange, when it’s pinged directly at him it never sticks, when he’s doing first time lay offs, he’s a lot better. Did some lovely first time balls tonight but agree, he’s got to learn how to hold ball up when there’s no team mates around him.

Coming a long well though and that thief was as good a first time finish as you’ll see. Comment by Robins about fans singing his song loudly says it all for me…support a player and most of the time we’ll get a positive response

Feet made of springs, never seen a player with such a bad first touch. Get him in training, tie his hands behind his back and throw babies at him. (Not sure why UEFA never got back to me)

duffer

Slight aside... is it just me, or has Simms slimmed down a bit?

For clarity I'm not saying he was ever overweight, but watching on the telly the other night I thought he looked a bit lighter. Probably it's just the horizontal hold on the TV is broken...

baldy

Season 8 Thief GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Users who are viewing this thread