Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (5 Viewers)

Hoofhearted

I bet Andy Turner is reading all this and creaming his pants as he cooks up the incredible headline for tomorrow's telegraph "Simms City" 😉 if he's not already thought of it , then your welcome Andy 😜

This could be one hell of a signing for us, especially if we could get Whittaker as well, I wouldn't mind us having a look at Aaron Collins from Bristol Rovers, far to good for that league.

SeaSeeEffCee

Worth mentioning that this is all coming from the Everton end and it’s within their interest for the fee to be reported as high as possible. I’m sure it won’t be £8m upfront.

PVA

Worth mentioning that this is all coming from the Everton end and it’s within their interest for the fee to be reported as high as possible. I’m sure it won’t be £8m upfront.

Yeah I reckon 4 or 5 mil plus addons.

Which is still a hefty chunk of course

bigfatronssba

We can look at it another way and say we've put the money in to buy a player wanted by Ipswich sunderland and Swansea

And not ponced about with it like Sporting Lisbon

SeaSeeEffCee

I do think it’s a bit of an overpay for us, and the lad is going to have some heavy expectations on his shoulders, but we’ve got to back the management team to work the same magic they did with Gyokeres. Fingers crossed we’ll look back in 3 years time and it’ll have been worth it.

hill83

He’s be spotted down Hearsall Common doing laps. Where the fair sets up opposite the Farmhouse.

@Evo1883 can you confirm please

clint van damme

Flex that ITK status Clint!

All I know is that the club met with several agents last week, the only player I know whose representative was there was Simms.

I'd imagine those agents in turn spoke to lots of clubs.
Nothing groundbreaking there really, it's only news if you'd somehow convinced yourself we weren't signing anyone, which is a mental outlook.

thejinkingSakamoto

Hopefully it is a fee that’s structured around the goals he scores and/or a promotion.

Either way, it’s just great to think we’re dining at the top tables again. Both in terms of selling players for big money and slapping down sizeable offers for our first choice replacement to blow away the competition.

Big statement made. A gamble, but one worth taking when young English strikers are understandably at a premium. If it works, we’re tripling or quadrupling our investment.

That extra money from Sporting Lisbon will have paid a decent chunk of the fee too. Well done to the executive and management for finally acting like the big club we are.

Evo1883

I do think it’s a bit of an overpay for us, and the lad is going to have some heavy expectations on his shoulders, but we’ve got to back the management team to work the same magic they did with Gyokeres. Fingers crossed we’ll look back in 3 years time and it’ll have been worth it.
Problem is though you have to spend more to beat the competition .. it's also nice to be able to spend big for a change , be nice to lose the pity tag we've carried for so long

bigfatronssba

“We’ve got a big Manc on our side”

shmmeee

All I know is that the club met with several agents last week, the only player I know whose representative was there was Simms.

I'd imagine those agents in turn spoke to lots of clubs.
Nothing groundbreaking there really, it's only news if you'd somehow convinced yourself we weren't signing anyone, which is a mental outlook.

I’m taking this as my squad from earlier in the thread confirmed. Cheers ClInTK ;)

Martin180

Problem is though you have to spend more to beat the competition .. it's also nice to be able to spend big for a change , be nice to lose the pity tag we've carried for so long
Also we've just got 20 million for a 25 year old and bought a 22 year old with huge potential.
And it will piss those daft Mackems off ,so win win 🤣

Londonccfcfan

8 million. Jesus. That's a hell of a change in direction for the club. But then a relatively young English striker. If he scores at the same rate as last year. He'll be worth a fortune.
I agree if its £8M...then not many clubs even the ones with parachute will splashing those sorts of fees this year! It's one heck of a statement.....if it materislises

Users who are viewing this thread