Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (3 Viewers)

long way home

As a general rule of thumb i dont have to agree with anything anyone says and in all cases without those opinions you never get to know that persons true opinion. So i decide to listen and make my own decision on how i deal with it. But you should not be asking they don't say it, if any individual finds opinions offensive that is up to you to block that person, turn off, ignore or reply. Throwing in a site, everyone on it who doesn't reply or a whole game is in my opinion is not the right way too go.

As you are then asking some else to deal with the offense you have taken and asking others to slap you on the back as validation.

Now certain topics are never good, anyone who thinks its ok to be racists, sexiest, encourage violence or be personal about anyone is wrong. But i honestly think it says more about them than me. If it was in my face i would react on here i just turn off.. Its not worth a minute of my mind, this site in many ways helps a lot of people, who use it for many reasons. So we all take responsibility of our own opinion and our own reaction then all will be done the right way.

I dont want all to agree and i dont care if you all don't.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Our fans are fucking stupid.
Just because Simms doesn’t reenact Saturday Night Fever every time he scores doesn’t mean he hates it here. Fuck me

dance party GIF

itsabuzzard

I've just sorted it! Sorry, I hadn't looked in this thread.
No need to apologise Nick, you've got a thankless task running the site and I'm sure it takes up plenty of your time and energy.
I did consider reporting the post but I was reluctant to do so, hoping that a strong backlash would at least give the poster pause for thought.

itsabuzzard

As a general rule of thumb i dont have to agree with anything anyone says and in all cases without those opinions you never get to know that persons true opinion. So i decide to listen and make my own decision on how i deal with it. But you should not be asking they don't say it, if any individual finds opinions offensive that is up to you to block that person, turn off, ignore or reply. Throwing in a site, everyone on it who doesn't reply or a whole game is in my opinion is not the right way too go.

As you are then asking some else to deal with the offense you have taken and asking others to slap you on the back as validation.

Now certain topics are never good, anyone who thinks its ok to be racists, sexiest, encourage violence or be personal about anyone is wrong. But i honestly think it says more about them than me. If it was in my face i would react on here i just turn off.. Its not worth a minute of my mind, this site in many ways helps a lot of people, who use it for many reasons. So we all take responsibility of our own opinion and our own reaction then all will be done the right way.

I dont want all to agree and i dont care if you all don't.
At no point did I ask the poster not to say what he did.
It's far better that censorship is kept to a bare minimum, otherwise we end up in an echo chamber, in which case you might as well stand in front of the mirror and talk to yourself. . I've never blocked anyone. Once read, I found the post impossible to ignore and I did reply. No response so far. I didn't ask for anyone to "deal with the offense" you've assumed I took; I naively assumed there would be a strong reaction to the post.
And where on earth did I ask anyone to slap me on the back for validation? I despair.

edgy

2 more goals than Josh Sargent… How much did he cost again?

In the next 1-2 seasons people will look back at their criticisms of Simms and cringe.

The majority did the same with Gyokeres (I did). That's fine in my eyes. The criticism can still be valid. Folk are well within their rights to spot his shortcomings. First touch etc.

What is wrong, are comments saying he won't make it and we need to sell him on.

steve cooper

The majority did the same with Gyokeres (I did). That's fine in my eyes. The criticism can still be valid. Folk are well within their rights to spot his shortcomings. First touch etc.

What is wrong, are comments saying he won't make it and we need to sell him on.
Yes it's fine to be wrong occasionally, but often it's the same posters who are wrong most of the time, and annoyingly they often present their negative opinions as fact. And even worse insulting comments can be made about a player which could result in that player's confidence being eroded.
In my opinion Wright and Simms, if we can keep them, will take us to promotion.

Grendel

2 more goals than Josh Sargent… How much did he cost again?

In the next 1-2 seasons people will look back at their criticisms of Simms and cringe.

Sargant is 24 and has scored 8 championship goals in 12 games in 2024

Grendel

Simms 6 in 12 championship games

mmttww

I'm backing Simms but didn't Sargeant miss a big chunk of the season with injury? Let's compare like with like if we're being fair.

Mucca Mad Boys

Sargant is 24 and has scored 8 championship goals in 12 games in 2024

Not really the point I was making. Sargent has been a full USA international, been a starter for Norwich in the Prem costing £10-15m iirc. He’s obviously the better player.

It’s more of a call for people who have said Simms will never be good enough a cause for reflection. His goal scoring since Swansea at home has been v good. There’s a lot of potential in Simms that has been written off because of a slow start.

skybluecam

If you look at the teams he’s scored against they are all bottom half of the table teams and non league. He has improved recently and credit to him for that but when he starts scoring against the best defences and in big games then we can say we have a player.
Ran the game against a premier league defence on Saturday and got 2 goals and an assist. Can we say we have a player yet?

mmttww

Vik got 18 goals in all competitions in his first full season.

Simms has 14 goals in all competitions so far this season.

Minimum of 10 games left to bag 4 more. Just saying... 🤷‍♂️

hamertime

Ran the game against a premier league defence on Saturday and got 2 goals and an assist. Can we say we have a player yet?
He did very well, he didn’t run the game though sheaf did. I was surprised how much space and time a premier league defence game him. He’s getting there.

hamertime

A lot of fans think no once should ever be criticised, he’s form was shocking earlier in the season but that wasn’t the most important thing, me his work rate and desire was way below par but he has put a real shift in the last month so long may it continue.

Users who are viewing this thread