Ellis Simms Going Forward (1 Viewer)

baldy

It’s obviously great he’s scoring those chances but what about chances that may have been created if we had a different player there with different skill sets, different abilities, maybe something that Godden couldn’t have done to get him into a particular position to score.
It’s thinking about what you could be missing out on rather than what we’re seeing currently. There’s clearly a flip side to that, what if you take Godden out and Simms doesn’t create those chances or doesn’t score those goals, but in my eyes it’s worth it for one game to see what the possibilities are. It’s a long season, one game gaining information could be much more valuable in the long run than sticking with what you know. Just depends what sort of personality you have I suppose.

What’s this obsession you have about playing just one game with Simms & Wright upfront? Fuck that - at the moment Wright & Godden are working better than Simms & Godden - end of
It’s a long season & Simms will get his chance but for now it works - you’re talking as if it’s still preseason wanting to test things out
Daft idea

BlueSkiesForever

What’s this obsession you have about playing just one game with Simms & Wright upfront? Fuck that - at the moment Wright & Godden are working better than Simms & Godden - end of
It’s a long season & Simms will get his chance but for now it works - you’re talking as if it’s still preseason wanting to test things out
Daft idea

It’s not an obsession I’m simply suggesting we try something different with our striker setup. We scored 2 against a messy Watford team and 3 against a Boro team who are bottom of the table, in the rest of our games we’ve scored 1 goal or less (one of those being Wimbledon btw). It’s not hard to see that our attack in its current state isn’t working that well. Maybe it will in time but how many games are we going to go just settling for a draw.

It’s dead easy to sit there and slate people for coming up with a different idea when you’re just going along with the current team setup. Personally I don’t think it’s working atm and we should try something different, Godden is fine but I don’t feel like we’d be taking off a Gyokeres or a Haaland or a Salah if we replaced him with someone else. I’m not even bothered if it’s not Godden, maybe we go with one striker, maybe we play Wright or Godden as a sole striker but I think we’ve got a better team than our recent performances suggest and sticking with the current predictable team every week doesn’t seem helpful to me. But that’s just my thoughts, none of it matters shit anyway because we get what’s been decided by Robins, I’m just trying bring some ideas to the table.

BlueSkiesForever

these changes are going to be forced on us anyway with injuries and so on, so why mess around now in the name of “gaining information?”
I think gaining information is always a good thing, whether it’s a business or a hobby or a sport, surely knowing something does or doesn’t work is better than being in the dark?
And waiting for injuries could be a while, we’re not winning matches atm so it seems to strange to pretend our attack is working well. Also it’s not like I’m saying rip the team sheet up and try McFadz as right back and Sheaf as lone striker, I think replacing one striker for another seems quite a minor tweak to the team and could give the opposition something to deal with. It’s just a thought anyway, everyone seems dead against and I’m guessing Robins won’t be trying it over the next few months so I’ll just leave it there.

baldy

I think gaining information is always a good thing, whether it’s a business or a hobby or a sport, surely knowing something does or doesn’t work is better than being in the dark?
And waiting for injuries could be a while, we’re not winning matches atm so it seems to strange to pretend our attack is working well. Also it’s not like I’m saying rip the team sheet up and try McFadz as right back and Sheaf as lone striker, I think replacing one striker for another seems quite a minor tweak to the team and could give the opposition something to deal with. It’s just a thought anyway, everyone seems dead against and I’m guessing Robins won’t be trying it over the next few months so I’ll just leave it there.

That last sentence is the best thing you’ve said about the whole thing

skybluecam

Lord forgive me for any of my comments bashing Simms, he’s the man. If he can pick that head up and play with some swagger he can be really really dangerous in this league.

Martin180

I'm just wondering ( regardless of the fees paid) that we bought Simms as a work in progress similar to Vik and Wright was a ready made replacement?
Fantastic to see Simms score today and if we can work on his flaws we will have a very good player on our hands for the forthcoming seasons

AFCCOVENTRY

I'm just wondering ( regardless of the fees paid) that we bought Simms as a work in progress similar to Vik and Wright was a ready made replacement?
Fantastic to see Simms score today and if we can work on his flaws we will have a very good player on our hands for the forthcoming seasons

100% Simms is the Vik project again. However, Simms has come in with an already decent goal scoring record over the last few seasons.

Adge

Like a cloud was lifted once the first went in-especially after the first half chances.
Now let’s have lift off!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Like a cloud was lifted once the first went in-especially after the first half chances.
Now let’s have lift off!

Auburn Tigers Lol GIF by SEC Network

Sick Boy

I imagine that's the case as he's only 22, always had faith he'll come good for us and reckon he'll go on to be a 20-goal-a-season striker within a couple of years.

covcity4life

I imagine that's the case as he's only 22, always had faith he'll come good for us and reckon he'll go on to be a 20-goal-a-season striker within a couple of years.
I agree but wasn't it you who called our recruitment dreadful(or awful) this morning?

Results shouldn't influence opinions so much.

Apologies if it wasn't you

Sick Boy

I agree but wasn't it you who called our recruitment dreadful(or awful) this morning?

I think it has been poor in the context of lack of options in CM and the overall balance of the squad but I've always thought Simms would be an asset for us.

Grendel

Well it’s not been great on the evidence so far

Grendel

I think the Sheaf injury magnified it . He stays fit till Allen and O'Hare return and it isn't felt as sharply

The recruitment team signed none of those players

Grendel

As usual missing the point !
We are a midfielder short but the Sheaf injury highlighted it and with Ayari very hit and miss we've felt it more

But you said it’s the most exciting transfer window you can remember?

Martin180

But you said it’s the most exciting transfer window you can remember?
Again you misquote , I would say I'm surprised but you are the most dull poster on here consistently
Why don't you log in as your alter ego Matt Smith at least he's fun

Grendel

Again you misquote , I would say I'm surprised but you are the most dull poster on here consistently
Why don't you log in as your alter ego Matt Smith at least he's fun

You said we’ve had the most positive transfer window and anyone who doesn’t agree is a Bedwetter

Oh and I’m far from dull

Martin180

You said we’ve had the most positive transfer window and anyone who doesn’t agree is a Bedwetter
Which isn't anything like the most exciting transfer window in memory is it ?
Honestly just fuck off and try and score points off someone else you pathetic dullard

Grendel

Which isn't anything like the most exciting transfer window in memory is it ?
Honestly just fuck off and try and score points off someone else you pathetic dullard

Well it’s clearly the most positive which I assume means ever?

Can you perhaps explain if Grendel is so dull why you are craving his attention at 9pm on a Saturday evening

Users who are viewing this thread