Ellis Simms Going Forward (3 Viewers)

Grendel

You started by replying to his message lol!

Martin is making foolish comments that Grendel is the dullest poster on here in a desperate attempt to gain his attention

Martin has made a comment this is the most positive transfer window in the clubs history. One suspects this might be a comment he will regret

As for saying this is an alt for Matt Smith I mean seriously

Martin180

I'll be honest I don't think he has any. Like him or loathe him, he says what he wants on his Grendel account warts and all, doubt he would have an alt. Have to respect his frankness
He definitely does , he replied to himself in the third person on a thread recently.
He does make some very salient points but he constantly misquotes and brings up past opinions as an attack on a posters credibility
All this from a man who wanted Kenny Jackett

Ccfcisparks

He definitely does , he replied to himself in the third person on a thread recently.
He does make some very salient points but he constantly misquotes and brings up past opinions as an attack on a posters credibility
All this from a man who wanted Kenny Jackett
Yeah thats just defo Grendel being Grendel

Skybluecol

I imagine that's the case as he's only 22, always had faith he'll come good for us and reckon he'll go on to be a 20-goal-a-season striker within a couple of years.
Would not surprise me at all if it happened this season........said it at the start of the season and have been ripped by my mates. Time will tell but he's getting better each game and with little service in and around the box.....today was different and he delivered.
Fingers crossed that at the end of the season I'm still not being laughed at! 🤞

Martin180

Martin is making foolish comments that Grendel is the dullest poster on here in a desperate attempt to gain his attention

Martin has made a comment this is the most positive transfer window in the clubs history. One suspects this might be a comment he will regret

I said " if you're not genuinely excited by this transfer window you need to give your head a wobble "
Probably posted a week or two before the season started , since then I've said I've been underwhelmed by the start weve made .
But to suggest its the best in memory would be stupid compared to the days of Keane , Hadji , Chippo , Boateng and others

Offhegoes

Liked Simms from the start. You could see he was short of match practice in those early games this season. Now he’s getting into stride. Much quicker than I thought he would be, and he’s got a power shot. Cyrille Regis Mark ll.

Londonccfcfan

Ellis Simms scores goals. An idiot can see that hes proven goal scorer.

My concern always has been Hadji Wright. Sorry just want to see something from him...a glimmer of light.

itsabuzzard

Where is Matt Smith? 🤔

TomRad85

We have wasted money and had dreadful recruitment according to many though lol
I still think the players we've bought in are OK, although obviously we really need big money players like Wright and Kitching to come good to consider the recruitment 'good'. The issue isn't the players we've bought in, for me anyway, its the players we didn't bring in...but anyway it's been done to death now, let's hope its addressed in January and if we're still in touch maybe we can kick on.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grendel

We have wasted money and had dreadful recruitment according to many though lol

A win against i team that I think have won 6 games across 40 isn’t really proving very much - I think they’ve managed about 28 points since last October - isn’t an indication of much yet at all is it?

covcity4life

A win against i team that I think have won 6 games across 40 isn’t really proving very much - I think they’ve managed about 28 points since last October - isn’t an indication of much yet at all is it?
I didn't say recruitment was bad before yesterday's win. Way too much panic on this forum. Every year

Grendel

I didn't say recruitment was bad before yesterday's win. Way too much panic on this forum. Every year

It’s legitimate to raise concerns. Especially as the better players still are those that have been with the club for some time.

Brighton Sky Blue

They have only won once at home in the league in around a year. Still there wasn’t much between the sides yesterday till the second half.

Grendel

They have only won once at home in the league in around a year. Still there wasn’t much between the sides yesterday till the second half.

Yes they won a couple of away games late last season which has kept them in tbe league but they have been a dead team walking for 12 months now

covcity4life

It’s legitimate to raise concerns. Especially as the better players still are those that have been with the club for some time.
Not too crazy that considering we only one month in. They are settled and know what robins wants already.

And we didn't sell them so another plus for the transfer team.

Grendel

Not too crazy that considering we only one month in. They are settled and know what robins wants already.

And we didn't sell them so another plus for the transfer team.

The transfer team don’t sell players. We have signed players who have cost significant money

RegTheDonk

Took his first goal well, instinctively almost, to smash it home. 2nd looked to me like it came off his leg rather than his boot but it went in and if it builds his confidence and he cracks on thats brilliant.

covcity4life

The transfer team don’t sell players. We have signed players who have cost significant money
And nothing to suggest that money's been wasted yet. Not everyone can hit the ground running. But the strikers have got stick from the get go this season. Doesn't mean they have actually been that bad that they deserved it.

Tommo1993

Not many of us have backed him on here. As I’ve always said he’ll finish top scorer. Although he could and should have bagged four yesterday.

That final part of his celebration after his second when he turned back to the fans and punched the air. You could see the genuine joy and relief on his face.

SBT

And nothing to suggest that money's been wasted yet. Not everyone can hit the ground running. But the strikers have got stick from the get go this season. Doesn't mean they have actually been that bad that they deserved it.
Personally I think it’s fair to expect a £7 million striker in the Championship to hit the ground running. Or a £4 million+ centre back to actually play!

Martin180

Personally I think it’s fair to expect a £7 million striker in the Championship to hit the ground running. Or a £4 million+ centre back to actually play!
Hasn't it been said on here that Kitching was injured when we signed him and Binks form has kept him out since ?
We can't just pick players according to price tags surely .
And look at Jackson at Chelsea , Hojland at United ? Whilst it would be great for strikers to hit the ground running it just doesn't always happen . Vik was another slow starter

Users who are viewing this thread