Ellis is big dog now (1 Viewer)

Astute

There's no way Robins won't give him a run in the side now. It's hard for a player to only get bits of games and perform.

All we can ask is that everyone doesn't get on his back again the next time he has a below par game because he will at some time. If Wright and Simms both hit form together added to the goals from midfield we will become a formidable side.

slowpoke

He has definitely improved in the last month his movement and work rate still a bit to go imo with his consistency and work on his first touch.

Astute

He has definitely improved in the last month his movement and work rate still a bit to go imo with his consistency and work on his first touch.
Nothing wrong with his work rate. If he ran around like a headless chicken he would be knackered by HT. But he harries the defenders and also helps out in defence.

He is still young and has a bit to learn. But even his doubters have now noticed there is a player in him.

stevefloyd

His first touch is confidence surely, being too tense and not relaxed is affecting him plus lack of goals and expectation so hopefully he can relax a little more and we will see a slightly more improved Simms from here on

Grendel

Talking about big dogs what became of this one

Gint11

Much better from Simms. If he finishes the season on 10-15 I think we’d take that as success

fatso

He's definitely improved in the last few games, but it's fair to say he deserved the criticism he received previously as his work rate and application wasn't at the level we expect.

Something seems to of happened behind the scenes as he's started to apply himself far more in recent games, and has been rewarded with the goals that will hopefully inspire him to push on.

He has all the raw materials to be a beast in this league, I think the goals should help him gain the confidence to shine here.

shmmeee

His first touch is confidence surely, being too tense and not relaxed is affecting him plus lack of goals and expectation so hopefully he can relax a little more and we will see a slightly more improved Simms from here on

I thought that but looking at his highlights he’s always been like it. Baffles me how a pro footballer can have such a bad touch, I’m not sure if seen him cushion a ball once.

skybluericoh

He is still young and learning, I have had and still have faith in him, he is not the finished article yet and will get better. I'm no coach but can see areas that he could improve, but he will do that a lot quicker with support. Get behind him and he will be immense.

covboy9

He’s scored 2 in 2 so props to him

I think everyone agrees the money we paid we needed a striker who knew how to perform straight away, nobody expected him to be this raw but now Godden looks finished the spot is there for him to cement his placement

Flying Fokker

He’s scored 2 in 2 so props to him

I think everyone agrees the money we paid we needed a striker who knew how to perform straight away, nobody expected him to be this raw but now Godden looks finished the spot is there for him to cement his placement
No. Young and developing. Not the finished article.

stevefloyd

I thought that but looking at his highlights he’s always been like it. Baffles me how a pro footballer can have such a bad touch, I’m not sure if seen him cushion a ball once.
He cushioned the ball into the net yesterday 😀 but I know what you mean still not sure how he became a multi million pound player

shmmeee

He cushioned the ball into the net yesterday 😀 but I know what you mean still not sure how he became a multi million pound player

I mean he scores goals. I’m just not sure how you play football for a living and still can’t trap a ball is all.

stevefloyd

I mean he scores goals. I’m just not sure how you play football for a living and still can’t trap a ball is all.
Theres many players I think how the hell can they be a pro footballer when they cannot do the basics,Eccles corners...Wilson/Collins kicking to name 2 or 3

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He scores a couple of goals and suddenly the sun shines . Let's not get carried away. He was pretty dire until the last month so he needs to continue at this current level for the rest of the season before we can begin to say he looks a long term good investment.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He needs three attempts to control a high bouncing ball. He can't even do it in two.

Mucca Mad Boys

£3,5m for a 22 yo striker at this level isn’t a lot of money.

He’s a player that’s been identified as someone who could one day be Prem quality. If he realises the £8m fee he’ll be well worth it.
A lot of people need to realise that we’ve signed him on a 4 year contract and that’s a lot of time to develop someone. If after that period we lose money on him, we can say that was a failure.

MTK

I think Ellis will develop and really come good for us. It’s probably more of a a change that we realize going from subs bench, occasional appearances, and out on loan, to having the no 9 squad number on the back of your shirt at a club. I’m looking forward to next season and believing that we might be able to get into the plays this season with a bit of luck and early promise realised.

Skyblueweeman

Talking about big dogs what became of this one

Alexa....give me a good example of "Tell me you use a spreadsheet with decent filters on each user, without telling me you use spreadsheet with decent filters on each user"

Users who are viewing this thread