Ellipt ward (1 Viewer)

KG7

The point is KG7. Penalties missed this season equates to 7 points being lost. Which would eventually have left us with 75 points...Comfortably in a play off spot!.... Like Ward or not, He would have scored those penalties. BTW. I'm not advocating bringing him back to CCFC. I'm making a valid point on his penalty taking, nothing more ;)

Fine, I'm just saying that those potential goals would have been offset against the goals we would have conceded due to his over inflated opinion and his penchant for a stylish mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Okay, if we are going down that route, surely he should have signed for the Blades.

And played alongside Billy Sharp.

Otis

Didn't he used to like his beer?

The last thing we would want is for him to be half-cut.

hamil99

Facebook User
Surely Davenport has the cutting edge to put in killer through balls to slice the oppositions defence apart!​

KG7

The point is KG7. Penalties missed this season equates to 7 points being lost. Which would eventually have left us with 75 points...Comfortably in a play off spot!.... Like Ward or not, He would have scored those penalties. BTW. I'm not advocating bringing him back to CCFC. I'm making a valid point on his penalty taking, nothing more ;)

I would wager he gave away more goals than he scored in any season he had with us.

Sky Blue Kid

I would wager he gave away more goals than he scored in any season he had with us.

When it comes to totally shite replies... This has to be the shitest! He was a defender ffs! You're the type of person that would blame him for not lining the wall up properly against a free kick like this one from Roberto Carlos:banghead:
/www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ECoR__tJNQ

Last edited:

SBAndy

He wasn't brilliant, he wasn't bad. If anything, he's the type of defender TM would want to start the play from the back. Good range of passing.

Bumberclart

Ward was part of the Clinton O'Morrison 'its Cov innit' gang, who's attitude helped in the slide to League 1.

Hadji10

Elliot Ward was decent here whilst we were in the second tier. Be an excellent signing at League one level.

KG7

When it comes to totally shite replies... This has to be the shitest! He was a defender ffs! You're the type of person that would blame him for not lining the wall up properly against a free kick like this one from Roberto Carlos:banghead:
/www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ECoR__tJNQ

I think you misunderstood my point, Skin.

(The whole thread has been about signing a defender on the basis that he might score some penalties which is almost as bizarre a suggestion as your Roberto Carlos analogy)

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

I think you misunderstood my point, Skin.

(The whole thread has been about signing a defender on the basis that he might score some penalties which is almost as bizarre a suggestion as your Roberto Carlos analogy)

No mate, I think you misunderstood my point, spliff. The whole thread wasn't about that at all. I made a comment about penalty takers, and said Ward would have scored all the missed penalties taken by Tudgay etc, which would have put us in a comfortable play off spot... Nothing more, nothing less ;)

KG7

No mate, I think you misunderstood my point, spliff. The whole thread wasn't about that at all. I made a comment about penalty takers, and said Ward would have scored all the missed penalties taken by Tudgay etc, which would have put us in a comfortable play off spot... Nothing more, nothing less ;)

No, I think your point was clear enough. #faceplant

Sky Blue Kid

No, I think your point was clear enough. #faceplant
Do you mean the same way your pathetic response was clear enough? There is only one more player who is ridiculed more than a defender for making mistakes... a keeper. I've seen Ward make last ditch tackles on forwards preventing certain goals, but nobody ever says "What a brilliant tackle by(Insert name)" but you hear "What a brilliant shot by our striker that their keeper made a world class save from"... To finalise. You tried to make a mountain out of a molehill, and failed. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Nick

Administrator
Do you mean the same way your pathetic response was clear enough? There is only one more player who is ridiculed more than a defender for making mistakes... a keeper. I've seen Ward make last ditch tackles on forwards preventing certain goals, but nobody ever says "What a brilliant tackle by(Insert name)" but you hear "What a brilliant shot by our striker that their keeper made a world class save from"... To finalise. You tried to make a mountain out of a molehill, and failed. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

People always say what a brilliant tackle / block?

Grendel

He's not coming here so all a bit pointless bit it's amusing people want players like Johnson but scoff at ward whose still to good at this level.

Post relegation there aren't many centre halves we've had better than Ward. Always gave his all and a solid defender plus a threat at set pieces.

Coleman decided he was paid too much so froze him out paid a substantial sum for Richard wood who was nowhere near his level of ability and even had players like Hopkins (?) ahead of him.

He's well out of our league even now.

idm1975

He's not coming here so all a bit pointless bit it's amusing people want players like Johnson but scoff at ward whose still to good at this level.

Post relegation there aren't many centre halves we've had better than Ward. Always gave his all and a solid defender plus a threat at set pieces.

Coleman decided he was paid too much so froze him out paid a substantial sum for Richard wood who was nowhere near his level of ability and even had players like Hopkins (?) ahead of him.

He's well out of our league even now.
That all fact is it?

SBAndy

Can't say it definitely won't happen, but considering he only joined Blackburn in January and is contracted til 2018 I can't imagine it coming to fruition.

Nick

Administrator
I don't bet, but, people will always remember after a game if a forward hit the post/bar from 30 yards, but never remember a slide tackle that prevented a nailed on goal.

I do.

I remember them even more if it hurts the other player :)

vow

Blackburn have just sold Grant Hanley to Newcastle, so gives Ward more of a look in now too.

idm1975

I very rarely agree with Grendel, but, Pretty much everything except Ward "Not coming here"(Nobody knows for sure) is imho a good call.
So Coleman didnt play him because he was paid too much? What sense dos that make, surely he would play him to put him in the window for someone else to buy, unless he thought he wasnt good enough maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread