Ellipt ward (1 Viewer)

hamil99

Facebook User
OK would you take him back? 31 now and has hardly played for Blackburn recently. Could possibly be the power house defender we need.

Otis

OK would you take him back? 31 now and hardly played for Blackburn recently. Could possibly be the power house defender we need.
Never saw Elliot Ward as a powerhouse to be quite honest.

Haven't seen him play for years so no idea what his game is like the days.

chiefdave

Not seen him play for years but I would say no unless he's got a lot better than when he was here before.

hamil99

Facebook User
I always thought he had the ability but not the know how. At 31 I would think he would be a little wiser, specially as he has played at a higher level than we have been in recent times. Don't get me wrong it would be a total punt in the dark but I feel it could be a good one.

Nathccfc

Am I right in thinking he was our last million pound player?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

slyblue57

Absolutely have him back if fit.
Can nt see Tony wanting him tho as he was a defender who played the ball out as opposed to just clearing it.
Won me a fair few quid when he was here with his penalties. I bet on him several times at 16/1 , great odds for
a penalty taker.
pusb

Si80

I'd rather we went back to Bournemouth or Saints and tried to get either Cargill or Stephens back on a year loan.

Can't see either of them breaking into their respective first teams, a year with us would be great for either of them.

vow

Older, perhaps even wiser, I'd have him back.

Pipehitterz

I'd rather we went back to Bournemouth or Saints and tried to get either Cargill or Stephens back on a year loan.

Can't see either of them breaking into their respective first teams, a year with us would be great for either of them.
Were they really 'that's good?
Both looked out of their depths imo and very raw , I would rather have someone or two with a lot more experience , especially as we look likely to have a back 3

Captain Dart

Possibly he is a better footballer than we've got and we need some experience at the back, but I'd first question why he has only played 14 games in the last season and only 3 the season before that?

hill83

Southampton I think, shittest penalty I have ever seen.

BonyDeafeningArchaeopteryx-size_restricted.gif

CJ_covblaze

Were they really 'that's good?
Both looked out of their depths imo and very raw , I would rather have someone or two with a lot more experience , especially as we look likely to have a back 3

Of all the players we had last season that are no longer here I'd want to see Stephens come back more than any of the others. Thought he had an ok start but then grew into a player that looked a class above.

The Reverend Skyblue

I still have nightmares about that penalty.
His arrogance thinking he was skilful enough to do that was breathtaking.Hes a clogging conference level CB, though he has played at the highest level, he was soon found out and relegated to the reserves.
A massive NO from me

KG7

What about his missed headers or misplaced confidence? How many points would that have lost us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I wasn't his biggest fan but always thought if he would grow up and get the basics right he might have been half decent.

Haven't seen him play in a long while so not sure if he will have done so or no.

Plus, I think he'd want to play more football out of defence than Martin did, and Mowbray didn't like Martin so not sure Ward would be on his radar for that reason

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Haven't read through this thread but didn't TM say Martin was released as he wasn't physical & dominant enough?

Replacing Martin with Ward would be like wanting a Alsatian but having a Labrador & swapping it for a cockapoo (that can take a penalty, in that case get yourself on Britains got talent!)

Sky Blue Kid

What about his missed headers or misplaced confidence? How many points would that have lost us?

Is that the best comeback you've got? Every player in the world misses headers and has misplaced confidence ffs! ONE missed penalty! How many did he score??? Even the best penalty taker(Ron Farmer) missed one penalty.

KG7

Is that the best comeback you've got? Every player in the world misses headers and has misplaced confidence ffs! ONE missed penalty! How many did he score??? Even the best penalty taker(Ron Farmer) missed one penalty.

I know it's hot today but Chill Phil. It wasn't a comeback it was a question. A couple of penalty kick conversions would be welcomed for sure, but the advantages of these would be far outweighed by his ridiculous self belief that he is a fat Franz Beckenbauer reborn in the championship and the continued mistakes that this inspires

Sky Blue Kid

I know it's hot today but Chill Phil. It wasn't a comeback it was a question. A couple of penalty kick conversions would be welcomed for sure, but the advantages of these would be far outweighed by his ridiculous self belief that he is a fat Franz Beckenbauer reborn in the championship and the continued mistakes that this inspires

The point is KG7. Penalties missed this season equates to 7 points being lost. Which would eventually have left us with 75 points...Comfortably in a play off spot!.... Like Ward or not, He would have scored those penalties. BTW. I'm not advocating bringing him back to CCFC. I'm making a valid point on his penalty taking, nothing more ;)

Users who are viewing this thread