EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (6 Viewers)

Colin Steins Smile

They couldn't Null and Void League 1 if they have agreed on a plan for League 2 promotions
That's going to put pressure on the League 1 clubs to follow suit next week. As there must be relegation from League 1 now.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If they are agreeing that for L2 you would think L1 would follow the same path hopefully. Although granted L1 is really surreal with how close it is this year.

Get the flares lads!

giphy.gif

Ccfcisparks

Very Very confident that League 1 will be sorted that way now. Lads, we've made it. Back to the promise land after 10 years in the wilderness. Enjoy.

jordan210

If they are agreeing that for L2 you would think L1 would follow the same path hopefully. Although granted L1 is really surreal with how close it is this year.

Get the flares lads!

giphy.gif

Isn't it even close in league 2 with who gets autos ?

Hopefully this might give some of the teams a kick in the arse as will have to be promotion and relegation

Liquid Gold

Imagine if LG1 ended up being null and void because of those wankers.
Surely can't be now as there are 4 teams coming up.

Fair play for league two coming to a sensible conclusion. This probably means this is what they wanted/are pushing for league one but must have to try to get it finished to show the 6 they've done everything they can.

More optimistic now than I was earlier.

jordan210

Fair play for league two coming to a sensible conclusion. This probably means this is what they wanted/are pushing for league one but must have to try to get it finished to show the 6 they've done everything they can.

From what iv seen it dint even take them very long to agree on this.

Liquid Gold

Lets face it, Andy Holt is going to vote no on returning the season ruining that plan and then it only takes one of the six, Fleetwood have already said playoffs would be acceptable, to flip and its done.

Hopefully next meeting sorts it.

CCFC88

Wait till this "united" alliance all turn on each other to argue over PPG or weighted PPG. Think PPG sees Pboro dropping out of playoffs, Weighted PPG Pompey drop out?

ccfcricoh

I kind of liked him but now he’s coming across as a right prick. Take your play off place and play it out.
I still do i must admit, if you haven't already, have a listen to his Sky Blues Extra podcast he has just done. Hard to argue we'd be any different if we were in their/his position.

At the end of the day, of course i would love to finish the season (and we would go up anyway!), and i don't agree with PPG in the slightest (even though it clearly works in our favour) but its clear this season wont be finished in full (right or wrong), and i take no shame in getting promoted via PPG as we fully deserve it!

Sick Boy

Hope you’re right, hopefully this time next week we’ll feel like millionaires:D

chiefdave

Great news for us. We've had the EFL saying they are going to enfoce the agreement with the Prem enforcing promotion / relegation between the Prem and Championship. Now we've got promotion from L2 as well.

Incredibly unlikley now that L1 ends up the only division not having promotion and relegation.

Danceswithhorses

Such a common sense solution, why the fuck couldn't league one go this way.
Because L1 has a few clubs like Sunderland, Portsmouth, Peterboro, and Ipswich who think they should get special treatment because they are 'big teams', despite the actual league table showing that they are not as 'big' or good as they think they are.
In the case of Sunderland, it's also because they are up sh@t street financially.

Sick Boy

My concern is the ‘promotion and relegation are yet to be finalised’ bit, why does it need to be finalised if it’s decided on PPG?

jordan210

Lets face it, Andy Holt is going to vote no on returning the season ruining that plan and then it only takes one of the six, Fleetwood have already said playoffs would be acceptable, to flip and its done.

Hopefully next meeting sorts it.

rumours is next meeting is Monday. Shame league 2 dint go first this morning

Cant they just do a call this afternoon and get it over with

Grendel

League two can’t actually decide this it’s needed to be ratified by the EFL board

Corrado

Imagine if the season does start and Peterborough etc fall out of the playoffs now that would be funny :')
Didn't Mac Anthony tweet a few months back to say if they didn't make the play offs he would quit?? If so that is probably fuelling this urge

Alex1987

My concern is the ‘promotion and relegation are yet to be finalised’ bit, why does it need to be finalised if it’s decided on PPG?

Guess they need to wait for PL/Champ/L1? If no relegation from L1 for example they can't promote?

Users who are viewing this thread