EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (2 Viewers)

jordan210

I believe the league 2 meeting is this afternoon so will be interesting to see how that goes

Tommo1993

With members so torn and with their own agendas, it’ll never reach a proper conclusion.

They’re going to have make an authoritative decision sooner or later. Someone somewhere will be upset (probably us!). The world and its football has to move on.

tisza

The 6 League One sides that want to resume are trying everything to delay a potential vote to end the season early, makes this situation messier and more confusing
surely the longer they try to delay more likely season gets ended without playing as no time would be left?

SkyBlueCRJ

Or they work out a compromise that at least 75% are happy with.

Only way that will happen is if play-offs go ahead as the 6 clubs demanding the season goes ahead won't be silenced.

Even in this scenario clubs are still going to threaten legal action but that's something the EFL is going to have to accept. Legal action will probably be threatened in more or less every and any scenario they come up.

Not sure why they're refusing to accept what is inevitable.

Brylowes

12:30 - TESTING UPDATE!
The EFL have stated in the last few moments that if the championship,L1 and L2 was to return behind closed doors, the league would pay for all of the testing that every player needs HOWEVER for this to happen every side must agree to a return to action!
I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again.
1, Why do footballers need constant testing in order to be able to return to work, do all the other
workers who either never stopped or are returning this week need tests before starting work ?

2, Do we have the available testing capacity in this Country ‘to be able to roll out a mass testing
programme ‘such as this’ without impacting on the availability of regular testing for what would be
considered workers at much higher risk ?

SIR ERNIE

No bottle whatsoever. If the children can't decide between themselves then make the decision for them.

Predictably pathetic from the FL. I still fear this is heading for null & void, simply because they'll be able to hide behind the force majeure argument. True it may bring with it legal challenges but I suspect that they might decide that the 'unfinished programme of fixtures' argument might put them in a stronger position than trying to fight disgruntled clubs who'll argue they've been unfairly relegated or denied promotion. As I said previously, the possible exception might be for the top 3 Championship teams IF the PL relegate 3.

kg82

No decision made once again proven correct.....back door guy what do you bring you boring clown,
giphy.gif

SkyBlueCRJ

Predictably pathetic from the FL. I still fear this is heading for null & void, simply because they'll be able to hide behind the force majeure argument. True it may bring with it legal challenges but I suspect that they might decide that the 'unfinished programme of fixtures' argument might put them in a stronger position than trying to fight disgruntled clubs who'll argue they've been unfairly relegated or denied promotion. As I said previously, the possible exception might be for the top 3 Championship teams IF the PL relegate 3.

I don't see how they can void the season as it would tie the EFL up in years of legal battles with multiple clubs. They'll try everything in their power to avoid this.

Liquid Gold

Only way that will happen is if play-offs go ahead as the 6 clubs demanding the season goes ahead won't be silenced.

Even in this scenario clubs are still going to threaten legal action but that's something the EFL is going to have to accept. Legal action will probably be threatened in more or less every and any scenario they come up.

Not sure why they're refusing to accept what is inevitable.
Then propose that at the next meeting, get it voted on and see if it gets 75%.

Realistically the season isn't going to return as every club has to agree and some won't so it doesn't have to be sorted immediately as much as we'd like it to be.

Johnnythespider

It is pretty laughable that the country with the worst death rate, and likely one of the worst infection rates (if we had a clue) in the world still hasn't settled what happens with its football leagues. Throughout our society, the needs of the very wealthy are the primary concern in any decisions made.
Bollocks isn't it, and there's only relatively few of them, come on let's ave em

Magwitch

It will not be null and void, imo it will be one of these two choices, continue the season whenever we can be it June, August or later or straight ppg, that would put Wycombe in third and Peterborough drop out. MacAnthony can bellyache to the law courts all he wants.
But we are going to have to wait until the Premiership decide the way they are going.
With my Sky Blue specks on apart from the obvious reason I can’t wait to get our club up and out of the way of divisions one and two, all sorts of changes on the way in those to leagues.

SkyBlue Snowflake

As it stands the club's will be given one last chance next week, if can't agree EFL told them forceably today that if clubs can't agree then EFL will decide by PPG which means obviously will be champions, also been informed that clubs threatening legal stuff really don't have much hope you n this situation, so basically the Peterborough chairman has to suck it up buttercup, no more news to give so don't ask, signing off so don't bore me with Snowflake you a wanker, cocksucker, twat, nonce or anything you wankers care to give have a nice day xx

SkyBlueCRJ

Then propose that at the next meeting, get it voted on and see if it gets 75%.

Realistically the season isn't going to return as every club has to agree and some won't so it doesn't have to be sorted immediately as much as we'd like it to be.

The issue is, then MacAnthony is essentially throwing the likes of Sunderland, Portsmouth and Ipswich under the bus who he's literally just joined forces with so he'll know he'll look like a fool if it goes down to a vote on whether the play-offs should go ahead or not.

Obviously he won't care and he'll put his own interests ahead of those other 5 clubs, but IMO it hasn't done him any favours by putting his head above the parapet as it's inevitable that there's going to be a fall out with one or two of his fellow chairmen if the decision to go ahead with the play-offs comes down to a vote.

Then there's the issue of his grievance with Rotherham and if that is reciprocated within his little alliance.

BackRoomRummermill

As it stands the club's will be given one last chance next week, if can't agree EFL told them forceably today that if clubs can't agree then EFL will decide by PPG which means obviously will be champions, also been informed that clubs threatening legal stuff really don't have much hope you n this situation, so basically the Peterborough chairman has to suck it up buttercup, no more news to give so don't ask, signing off so don't bore me with Snowflake you a wanker, cocksucker, twat, nonce or anything you wankers care to give have a nice day xx

You need serious help , you can’t help yourself . I have nothing against you , but just give up we don’t want or need your updates .

BackRoomRummermill

The issue is, then MacAnthony is essentially throwing the likes of Sunderland, Portsmouth and Ipswich under the bus who he's literally just joined forces with so he'll know he'll look like a fool if it goes down to a vote on whether the play-offs should go ahead or not.

Obviously he won't care and he'll put his own interests ahead of those other 5 clubs, but IMO it hasn't done him any favours by putting his head above the parapet as it's inevitable that there's going to be a fall out with one or two of his fellow chairmen if the decision to go ahead with the play-offs comes down to a vote.

Then there's the issue of his grievance with Rotherham and if that is reciprocated within his little alliance.

well put mate

fernandopartridge

Let's be honest, that is no formal alliance and I doubt there is any real intention to do anything official between clubs. Each in the end will vote in its own interest.

Danceswithhorses

Wow...straight from the horses mouth :wideyed:

SkyBlueCRJ

Let's be honest, that is no formal alliance and I doubt there is any real intention to do anything official between clubs. Each in the end will vote in its own interest.

It’s not a formal agreement no, but after making such a racket about forming a ‘united’ front it’ll highlight him for the babbling bafoon that he really is once he inevitably does a 180 on his own statement.

Users who are viewing this thread