EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (2 Viewers)

jordan210

Apparently first one is EFL meeting second is league 1

Last edited:

clint van damme

I just did a Google search to try and find out some info about the meeting tomorrow and the first result was the Leeds local paper with the headline -everything Leeds fans need to know ahead of tomorrow's huge EFL meeting.'

It's not just the CET!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

All this reminds me of SISU'S legals, are we ever going to know.

Mcbean

you heard it here first - EFL announce......................................delayed decision down to further submissions from elite clubs

chiefdave

Apparently first one is EFL meeting second is league 1

I thought we already know the meeting was tomorrow? First one will be the league wide vote to change the regulations then the second one, assuming the first one goes OK, will be L1 clubs voting on ending the season.

jordan210

I thought we already know the meeting was tomorrow? First one will be the league wide vote to change the regulations then the second one, assuming the first one goes OK, will be L1 clubs voting on ending the season.

At lest it gives us a rough time scale for things. I would expect to hear leaked news after the first as a minimum if it includes all efl clubs

shmmeee

giphy.gif

Warwickhunt

Some fair comments on the Sunderland site.
L1 restart

and a mention of 1977 as well.
Wonder what they would say if City Voted to play on! And the vote decided to end the season wonder where they would look then for grievance.
I have not seen anywhere that CCFC will vote to end the season in fact Boddy has kept his powder dry in all of this debacle.

Flying Fokker

EFL STATEMENT IN FULL

At an Extraordinary General Meeting on Tuesday 9 June, EFL Clubs voted on proposals in respect of changes to EFL Regulations in the event season 2019/20 is curtailed.

Proposals were submitted by Barnsley and Tranmere Rovers alongside amendments to an EFL Board proposal which were put forward by Lincoln City, Stevenage and Ipswich Town.

Following a vote on each by all 71 Clubs, it was overwhelmingly agreed (by a majority of all clubs and a majority in the Championship) to adopt the EFL Board’s proposal into EFL Regulations, which now means the following applies in the event a division curtails its 2019/20 season or it is ended by any other means.

1. Final divisional placings will be determined on unweighted points per game (if required).
2. Promotion and relegation should be retained.
3. Play-Offs will be played in all circumstances but will not be extended (beyond four teams).

Clubs in Leagues One and Two will now meet by division later today to formally determine whether to resume playing the 2019/20 season or opt for curtailment.

Grendel

The excitement is almost killing me

ajsccfc

The first vote going through pretty smoothly and on time makes me suddenly optimistic that a decision might finally be made, I was half-expecting it to rumble on to the point that the EFL would end up finishing the 19/20 season some time in 2023

SkyblueTexan

Finally we are halfway there. This state of suspended animation was bringing out equal measures of excitement, frustration and apathy (and everything in between) from all of us I'm sure. Now let's hope the final vote goes as expected. I cannot see L1 voting to play on, but even if it does by the unlikeliest of margins I think we have a team that could still achieve promoton.

steve cooper

If the vote were to be play on, several clubs we have to play are in no position to carry on, so will probably either field no-hopers or will forefeit the game.

chiefdave

Can't imagine there's going to be enough clubs voting to play on so should be all over this afternoon.

Why would anyone with nothing to play for vote to play on, just throwing money away when they've got no income.

Users who are viewing this thread