EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (8 Viewers)

Somerset Sky Blue

Wycombe.
Just to annoy the likes of Peterborough who have painted them as the villains.

Also, can you imagine their style in the Championship? Would throw up some interesting encounters!
I think they'd likely fill one of the relegation spots too, making our lives a tiny bit easier.
I'm getting a bit worried by the frequent calls for Wycombe to be promoted as it is an easy six points/they will be relegated.
Firstly, nobody can guarantee this and secondly, we are going to be annoyed by the majority of the championship talking down about us, we don't have to follow suit on a club that is likely to be struggling, do we?
As for who I'd like promoted - not really that bothered, but Portsmouth is an easy away day for me with always plenty of away tickets!

Specs WT-R75

I'm getting a bit worried by the frequent calls for Wycombe to be promoted as it is an easy six points/they will be relegated.
Firstly, nobody can guarantee this and secondly, we are going to be annoyed by the majority of the championship talking down about us, we don't have to follow suit on a club that is likely to be struggling, do we?
As for who I'd like promoted - not really that bothered, but Portsmouth is an easy away day for me with always plenty of away tickets!

Look it's all banter at the end of the day. Past performance is no guarantee of future successes, however I'd rather play Wycombe than Shrewsbury. Some teams you just tend to get lucky against...

better days

Yup. Basically this seasons playing budget is more than covered. It just depends (1) what contractual obligations we have to pay for players with promotion clauses and (2) how much additional money SISU are prepared to pump in to let MR have a go.

On the other hand if other Championship clubs are struggling then this certainly doesn't hurt us...
I'd guess most contracts don't have an amount specified if we get promoted
If they do have a clause it would most likely say something like the contract would be renegotiated if we went up
There will be bonuses for promotion but as these are usually calculated according to the number of games each player featured in it will be a saving for the club if ppg is agreed

Warwickhunt

Yup. Basically this seasons playing budget is more than covered. It just depends (1) what contractual obligations we have to pay for players with promotion clauses and (2) how much additional money SISU are prepared to pump in to let MR have a go.

On the other hand if other Championship clubs are struggling then this certainly doesn't hurt us...
Will SISU gamble on a £140 million bet?

Gibbo

Looks like I was wrong. Apparently the first vote will be to include/exclude the Tranmere option. Then they move to a vote for which PPG version. That could make it messy. But who knows?

bawtryneal

Looks like I was wrong. Apparently the first vote will be to include/exclude the Tranmere option. Then they move to a vote for which PPG version. That could make it messy. But who knows?

Nobody is going to vote for the Tranmere option.
Posted before. Two promoted, three relegated and 4 team play offs based on PPG
The only controversial part could be if Fleetwood, Oxford or Wycombe cannot afford to play in the play offs.

6 Generations

I read on the BBC that Carl Robinson (Oxford), has always held a desire to complete the season. Private funding ensures that his players and staff are being tested over the next few days. Of course , thus could be a way of appeasing the fans and that it is more likely that he accepts that Oxford may have to participate in the play-offs.

Otis

Nobody is going to vote for the Tranmere option.
Posted before. Two promoted, three relegated and 4 team play offs based on PPG
The only controversial part could be if Fleetwood, Oxford or Wycombe cannot afford to play in the play offs.
Yup, because then Sunderland will be complaining that they can't afford to play in the playoffs either and that it's not fair.

jordan210

I read on the BBC that Carl Robinson (Oxford), has always held a desire to complete the season. Private funding ensures that his players and staff are being tested over the next few days. Of course , thus could be a way of appeasing the fans and that it is more likely that he accepts that Oxford may have to participate in the play-offs.

I wonder if them getting back to training is to help in play offs. As is likely to be fittest team wins. So getting in early will help massively.

6 Generations

I wonder if them getting back to training is to help in play offs. As is likely to be fittest team wins. So getting in early will help massively.

I suspect that all of the other potential play-off participants will have upped their training levels also, as the likely outcome from the EFL meeting will be that Leagues 1 and 2 will be decided on PPG.
And, therefore the play-offs, in their historic form will probably take place.

jordan210

I suspect that all of the other potential play-off participants will have upped their training levels also, as the likely outcome from the EFL meeting will be that Leagues 1 and 2 will be decided on PPG.
And, therefore the play-offs, in their historic form will probably take place.

Not sure what the other teams have been doing. Oxford have been quite vocal on trying to get back to training. But I guess that extra 5 days or so could be just what a team needs to be successful

6 Generations

What was said?

Simon Jordan agrees that the Tranmere proposals are not workable. But, he’s clearly a fan of Darragh at Peterborough. His point was generally the lack of leadership within the EFL. That Rick Parry should be showing leadership by making decisions and not giving all and sundry the opportunity to present’Pie in the Sky’ , self serving alternatives to ppg.

stay_up_skyblues

Karl Robinson was on TS earlier today. They’ve all been tested and return to training tomorrow. Planning for full contact training by the end of the week. Said they’re preparing to finish the season but, in practice, I imagine they’re getting ready for the playoffs.

That said, if finish the season does get voted, they will already have an advantage fitness wise. I wonder which others are getting back on the grass properly this week.

Kieranp96

Karl Robinson was on TS earlier today. They’ve all been tested and return to training tomorrow. Planning for full contact training by the end of the week. Said they’re preparing to finish the season but, in practice, I imagine they’re getting ready for the playoffs.

That said, if finish the season does get voted, they will already have an advantage fitness wise. I wonder which others are getting back on the grass properly this week.
Only 4 league 1 teams were tested, unfortunately its quite obvious they are expecting the league to be voted on pgg.

Users who are viewing this thread