Eccles (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

That’s a very good move for him. If he can establish himself and get a year of first team men’s football it will be good for club and player. If we get relegated we just pick up a player that’s already playing at the level. If we stay up he gets a crack at the championship. Evans is a twat but he’ll definitely teach him the dark arts he’ll need in that CDM role. Good move all round.

Hertsccfc

Do people not get we don’t have the budget to compete in terms of first XI let alone signing players just in case we have a massive injury crisis. People wanting 3rd choice strikers and LWBs and 4th choice DMs in. Madness. Our budget should be going on improving the first team.
We have three players in effect for two CDM positions. Shipley is wasted there in my view. I doubt we will be able to loan in anyone better than Eccles, who looks promising.

shmmeee

We have three players in effect for two CDM positions. Shipley is wasted there in my view. I doubt we will be able to loan in anyone better than Eccles, who looks promising.

Exactly. We have two new signings at DM, Robins for whatever reason sees Shipley as 4th choice. We have Pask who can fill in there and we can change formation. We don’t have the budget to bring in scores of players not to play and even if we did I wouldn’t want to as I imagine loads of disaffected players isn’t good for the dressing room and demotivates academy players seeing a long like in front of them.

We run lean and hungry, it’s how we’ve got where we are.

hill83

Been trying to work an Eccles cake joke into this for weeks but I can’t think of one that’s any good. So I won’t bother.

mark82

Whatever you think of Evans, his teams are always competitive. I think this is a great move for Eccles, I think it's the right level and a manger who will use him in the right way and improve him. Really pleased about this.

lifeskyblue

Completely agree with Saddlebrains here, I would be slightly anxious about not bringing someone in to replace him. Delighted Eccles has got a move which should he means regular football at a decent level, but surely we need one more in at holding midfield? Quality-wise Hamer and Sheaf seem like great options to start with, although early on it appears that Hamer could be a risk with suspensions. We then have Kelly who misses periods every season with injuries and despite loving him, there are some question marks over his ability to step up (although he should be granted that). Behind that I would be more than a little concerned with Shipley being the next option in a holding role. I know Robins has played him there in preseason and he came on against Bristol City there but I'd really hope it was a stop gap.

Spot on. Good for Eccles and us longer term. But we need quality cover; kelly misses games through injury, Hamer will miss from picking up numerous cards.
I think 2 from kelly, Hamer and sheaf is fine but the problem arises if a couple are unavailable for whatever reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark82

Spot on. Good for Eccles and us longer term. But we need quality cover; kelly misses games through injury, Hamer will miss from picking up numerous cards.
I think 2 from kelly, Hamer and sheaf is fine but the problem arises if a couple are unavailable for whatever reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have 3 good options at the position. We also have Shipley who played well (goal aside) at the weekend as an emergency option.

I hope we do bring someone in but I don't see it as top priority.

AFCCOVENTRY

Well Robins wouldn’t have let him go without knowing his squad depth and if anyone else is coming in.
Suspect we will see some more leaving to facilitate some final transfers.

skyblueelephant76

Eccles has always needed game time. A leaguue 1 loan is awesome. That's where others should be aiming to go. Drysdale, jt etc

We raved about Walsh bossing leaguue 1 and now he's suppsodily a prem star in the future. If Eccles does the same, why would we rather him sit in our 23s just in case of squad injury?
Apparently quite a few league one sides made loan offers for him.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Glad to see Robins and BIG Steve kissed and made up.

It will be a good loan for him. I have no doubts he will get game time there.

As for us, if it is true that Kelly is back for next weekend then we will be alright. As one or two said above, we don't have a massive budget. Our squad at the moment I'm happy with, so if we get another body in, it has to be the right choice. I can still see a couple of players leaving if I'm honest.

Deity

Evans must be gutted...when the chairman said that he had got Eccles in, Evans thought it was more cake
now we know why Evans walked off chatting to Robins and was pretty supportive of Baka after the match ..... all part of the courtship for Eccles

covcity4life

We must be beinging someone else in? Short on DM cover as it is!

Good luck to him. He has potential to be a regular for city

covcity4life

Do people not get we don’t have the budget to compete in terms of first XI let alone signing players just in case we have a massive injury crisis. People wanting 3rd choice strikers and LWBs and 4th choice DMs in. Madness. Our budget should be going on improving the first team.
Eccles wont be on big wages so if we can't have a new signing as 4th dm makes sense to keep the kid? He could be needed and still get his mins in for development

Sheaf Kelly hamer

I hope we bring another in. Garner or Walsh!

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Heard that Ostigard can also fill in at CDM. So I don't think there's a massive need to worry about cover.

Pack can also play CDM if needed, think we’re fine for emergency cover after Kelly, Hamer, Sheaf and Shipley. Pointless spending the money on bringing a loan in ‘just in case’ when we’ve got enough options

Sky Blue Harry H

That’s a very good move for him. If he can establish himself and get a year of first team men’s football it will be good for club and player. If we get relegated we just pick up a player that’s already playing at the level. If we stay up he gets a crack at the championship. Evans is a twat but he’ll definitely teach him the dark arts he’ll need in that CDM role. Good move all round.

This. He'll learn all the nasty stuff. just hope it doesn't 'ruin' his game if he is playing in an anti-football style, as he was looking promising for us. Hopefully Evans uses him in a positive way. Character building at the very least.

hamil99

Facebook User
Maybe when Tyler walker is up to speed Robins plans on two up top, or some other formation change, possibly when jobello is back. Wouldn't be advisable to have four players for one spot.

People seem to think we'll only play one formation all season, which I honestly don't think will be the case. Variety is the spice of life.

Magwitch

The squad has been built with options be it wing backs, 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. I will be surprised If a couple more aren’t brought in before the window shuts either bought or loans.

johnwillomagic

I think it's a great move all round - doubt he would have seen that much game time especially as out of Caribou Cup now.
Hopefully he can be for Gills like Walsh was for us from Bristol City - then we can take him back like Bristol City with far better experience and hopefully confidence gained to make him an even better player.

Users who are viewing this thread