Eccles (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

A loan coming in At CDM surely this means makes no sense to send Eccles out on loan otherwise,possibly the Wolves lad.

Hertsccfc

Slightly disappointed about this after his performance on Tuesday. I felt he would be useful as back up in case we had a few injuries. At least the loan is at a decent level

Saddlebrains

But he shouldnt be. We're all mainly, for once, in agreement that Shippers isnt a CDM. Tell you now we put faith in shippers as a cdm We're in shite

larry_david

Eccles has always needed game time. A leaguue 1 loan is awesome. That's where others should be aiming to go. Drysdale, jt etc

We raved about Walsh bossing leaguue 1 and now he's suppsodily a prem star in the future. If Eccles does the same, why would we rather him sit in our 23s just in case of squad injury?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Completely agree with Saddlebrains here, I would be slightly anxious about not bringing someone in to replace him. Delighted Eccles has got a move which should he means regular football at a decent level, but surely we need one more in at holding midfield? Quality-wise Hamer and Sheaf seem like great options to start with, although early on it appears that Hamer could be a risk with suspensions. We then have Kelly who misses periods every season with injuries and despite loving him, there are some question marks over his ability to step up (although he should be granted that). Behind that I would be more than a little concerned with Shipley being the next option in a holding role. I know Robins has played him there in preseason and he came on against Bristol City there but I'd really hope it was a stop gap.

SleepyGinger

Feel like he might of been better suited to a league 2 move, if he gets the game time great but feels a bit like when ponticelli went to Tranmere

mr_monkey

Completely agree with Saddlebrains here, I would be slightly anxious about not bringing someone in to replace him. Delighted Eccles has got a move which should he means regular football at a decent level, but surely we need one more in at holding midfield? Quality-wise Hamer and Sheaf seem like great options to start with, although early on it appears that Hamer could be a risk with suspensions. We then have Kelly who misses periods every season with injuries and despite loving him, there are some question marks over his ability to step up (although he should be granted that). Behind that I would be more than a little concerned with Shipley being the next option in a holding role. I know Robins has played him there in preseason and he came on against Bristol City there but I'd really hope it was a stop gap.

But think about it from the loan clubs point of view, why would they send someone of quality to be fourth choice in our team who would only play if two of our players got injured, they would want the same as we do with Eccles and want them playing week in week out

cooperskyblue

I wanted another CDM even before Eccles went today on loan.
A suspension and injury and we are scuppered.
Hamer, Sheaf, Kelly as natural CDMs isn't enough.
Shipley Allen and O'hare are competing for the 2 attacking spots so I think another CM would help big time.

Frostie

Good move for him, needs regular games at this stage in his development although I'd have preferred him to go to more of a passing style team than one so direct - he was the best player on the pitch Tuesday evening.

We must be very confident that Kelly won't have any setbacks then, I'd personally prefer Eccles over Shipley in the CDM role.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

But think about it from the loan clubs point of view, why would they send someone of quality to be fourth choice in our team who would only play if two of our players got injured, they would want the same as we do with Eccles and want them playing week in week out
I agree, but I am not overly fussed by their concerns, more ours. Under Mowbray we had Bryn Morris come in and be third choice. There's nothing to say that they might be third choice or could even be pushing for a starting birth which would be closer to the first team than they might get at their current club, and with how many fixtures there are this season that they could get considerable minutes

Gibbo

Good move - he should, all things being equal, get serious, competitive game time with a strong League 1 outfit. Better than we could have expected. Looks like Eccles impressed Evans on Tueday night. I would worry if we needed him for an extended run in the Championship at this stage in hid development, next season maybe. Surely somebody of definite Championship potential on the way in. Hopefully an experienced purchase rather than another loan.

Sky Blue Pete

Do people not get we don’t have the budget to compete in terms of first XI let alone signing players just in case we have a massive injury crisis. People wanting 3rd choice strikers and LWBs and 4th choice DMs in. Madness. Our budget should be going on improving the first team.
And the academy

Users who are viewing this thread