Drysdale (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

If you fancy a 10 minute phone call regarding Steve Evans I will be happy to oblige

Of all the people currently involved in football in this country he would be top of my list of people who I would not want to influence my young players.

Spend 5 mins researching his history Wkipedia would be a good start and it is 99% accurate in his case.
Why has Robins sent two of the players closest to the first team there/to him then?

covcity4life

So we have 4 cbs for 3 roles?

I liked having Drysdale as he is better than Thompson and Williams

Maybe sheaf can play there if we are short?

Terry Gibson's perm

And Williams. I think Drysdale is at the stage where he needs first team experience but do we have a recall clause in January in case of injuries?

You would hope even with our acl record we could get through the rest of the season with seven

ovduk78

If you fancy a 10 minute phone call regarding Steve Evans I will be happy to oblige

Of all the people currently involved in football in this country he would be top of my list of people who I would not want to influence my young players.

Spend 5 mins researching his history Wkipedia would be a good start and it is 99% accurate in his case.
I know his brother in law & he's told me a few things including even Steve Evans was shocked when he wasn't imprisoned.

larry_david

DD to gills is perfect. Think about how Rose developed for us last season, then take it into account DD is 4 years younger and imagine that as our cb prospect for the future.

Loan writing was on the wall, clear development pathway. Signs new 3 year deal, we then sign ostigard to help sustain our championship status, DD gets a year on loan at a very good level, DD then comes back and bosses it for us next season when ostigard goes back

Sky Blue Pete

DD to gills is perfect. Think about how Rose developed for us last season, then take it into account DD is 4 years younger and imagine that as our cb prospect for the future.

Loan writing was on the wall, clear development pathway. Signs new 3 year deal, we then sign ostigard to help sustain our championship status, DD gets a year on loan at a very good level, DD then comes back and bosses it for us next season when ostigard goes back
Ostigard will sign if it goes well I’m sure of it

Warwickhunt

The FAT COACH ;) ;) DRIVER THINKS THAT MR IS THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD

SlowerThanPlatt

Ostigard will sign if it goes well I’m sure of it

Are you forgetting about Brighton? They have plenty of young players in their team. Leeds thought the same about Ben White but even £25m wasn’t enough.

It’s not like O’Hare who was never going to get into Villa’s team.

steve101

I am surprised at this loan unless Robins has someone else lined up. We need more cover when playing 3 centre backs. Ostigard will be away on international duty on occasions; Rose is coming back from injury; McFadzean is likely to need resting; and then there is Hyam. Morgan Williams and Jordan Thompson were behind Drysdale in the pecking order. Sheaf can play there but he is needed to partner Hamer or Kelly.
Hopefully we have a recall option.

steve101

I am surprised at this loan unless Robins has someone else lined up. We need more cover when playing 3 centre backs. Ostigard will be away on international duty on occasions; Rose is coming back from injury; McFadzean is likely to need resting; and then there is Hyam. Morgan Williams and Jordan Thompson were behind Drysdale in the pecking order. Sheaf can play there but he is needed to partner Hamer or Kelly.
Forgot about Pask, but still not enough in my eyes

Skybluedownunder

Really? Taking out the non-league stuff surely makes it more comparable, no?

If manager A has a 40% win ratio with mainly Prem/Champ games versus a manager who has a 40% win ratio with mainly L1/L2 games, who is the better manager?

You work within the realms of the players in which you’ve got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Pask too.

Garryb80

Cant recall til January window at earliest. Good loan for me. 4 maybe 5 ahead of him so he wasn't going to get game time

fatso

Im not counting Williams:

McFadz, Østigård, Hyam, Rose, Pask, Dacosta, Sheaf
That's plenty of cover.
The experience that DD will get, will be fantastic for his development.
If we cant secure Ostigard on a permanent basis, then DD will be a perfect replacement.
If we do get Ostigard, then DD will be ready to replace McFaz.
Win win 👍

Users who are viewing this thread