Drysdale (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Season long loan to Gillingham

SlowerThanPlatt

Hope he doesn’t teach him out of playing out from the back. Not sure a Steve Evans team is the right fit for a player like Drysdale

They had 29% possession on Saturday but won 2-0. I said in the other thread both are sound footballers and the management wants them to toughen up.

lifeskyblue

Perhaps Evans is developing his team and trying less hoof ball. I think this is a really good move for CCFC and drysdale. A year of playing every week in L1 (rather than u23s) will toughen him up as well as improve his defensive skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

To be frank I think there will be very few L1 teams capable of playing out like we do. He already seems comfortable on the ball so a year of developing the rest of his game against much tougher opposition than in the u23 can only do him good.

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

Maybe so but his record as a lower league manager isn’t up for debate
I'd disagree with that, he might get wins in the short term but he often leaves clubs in a worse position than he finds them. In some instances out of business, generally without a pot to piss in all the while burning bridges with the network you need to develop within the game.

If you want a few wins go for it, I think a longer term strategy is more important.

KenilworthSkyBlue

He's hardly got a glowing managerial record. His last promotion was back in 2014. Since then he's underperformed at every club he's managed, probably bar Gillingham.

I still think it's a good move for both Eccles and Drysdale though. As there's probably few tougher managers to work under in League One/Two.

Magwitch

Good move for Drysdale, I thought he looked a real prospect in the Gillingham league cup-tie but he needs more than U23 games to bring him on a season with a decent division one team will do him and hopefully long term us a lot of good, as for Evans not a fan but he has decent teams.

Grendel

Take out the periods in the conference (so it's more comparable) and it's about the same, if not in Robins favour.

Bit odd to take that out surely?

Skyblueweeman

Bit odd to take that out surely?

Really? Taking out the non-league stuff surely makes it more comparable, no?

If manager A has a 40% win ratio with mainly Prem/Champ games versus a manager who has a 40% win ratio with mainly L1/L2 games, who is the better manager?

Grendel

Bit like taking out cup goals

Not really. He’s managed at a championship club as well

Gordon Milne was a much better manager than Robins but as he was at a higher level he’s record looks mediocre

If Evans managed a team in the national league with no money he wouldn’t automatically succeed

Grendel

Really? Taking out the non-league stuff surely makes it more comparable, no?

If manager A has a 40% win ratio with mainly Prem/Champ games versus a manager who has a 40% win ratio with mainly L1/L2 games, who is the better manager?

Try putting Pep into Stevenage and see how he does

bawtryneal

If you fancy a 10 minute phone call regarding Steve Evans I will be happy to oblige

Of all the people currently involved in football in this country he would be top of my list of people who I would not want to influence my young players.

Spend 5 mins researching his history Wkipedia would be a good start and it is 99% accurate in his case.

Users who are viewing this thread