Drunken Idea ..Sack Robins (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

It's like big Sam said when he was at Bolton. If one of his players hits it long, it's long ball football. If Man Utd do the same it's a 50 yard pass.

All depends though doesn't it?
If its a Hoddlesque fifty yard ball right on to someone's toe or a fifty yard speculative punt for an attacker to try and chase down.

Sick Boy

Respectfully disagree. I love the fantastic style of football we’ve played under Robins as we’ve achieved promotions and improved technically year over year. No interest in watching a team that boots it into the stratosphere and into the mixer.
So if it was a choice between watching nice football and being relegated or playing long ball and getting promoted, presumably you’d choose the former?

DannyThomas_1981

So if it was a choice between watching nice football and being relegated or playing long ball and getting promoted, presumably you’d choose the former?
It’s not really the point is it?

The suggestion I think is that we change our style of play which has been so successful for us (and also brilliant to watch) to something that is completely against our identity, current squad that we have built and akin to Wimbledon mid 80s (without any evidence this would lead to success in the modern game) - I’ll stick to what we have thanks very much.

Sick Boy

It’s not really the point is it?

The suggestion I think is that we change our style of play which has been so successful for us (and also brilliant to watch) to something that is completely against our identity, current squad that we have built and akin to Wimbledon mid 80s (without any evidence this would lead to success in the modern game) - I’ll stick to what we have thanks very much.
Just answer the question.

Brighton Sky Blue

He did, he explained his preference rather than just stick to your A or B scenario that suited you.

Funnily enough Forest were set for a relegation battle under Hughton with his boring approach and may well go up with Gollum’s attractive style.

Mucca Mad Boys

to be fair again everything is relative - Burnley qualifying for Europe was on a shoestring

Sean Dyche did a fantastic job at Burnley and on a shoestring. Nonetheless, the premise of the OP was madness.

Samo

Sack Robins ..sell one of the top three ..give the wages to Sean Dyche ..who has more knowledge & experience on how to manage a football club who should/ could be in the premiership... always managed on a shoestring & got results ...until his luck ran out ....

I hope you've sobered up now.

Jagmannn

Sobered now ...but still want to go out punching ( Tyson Fury style ) ...if we don't take chances we could be waiting forever to get to the Premiership...i know there's are patient way & there's a go get it way ...I want to take the chance ......some you win ...some you lose

clint van damme

Sobered now ...but still want to go out punching ( Tyson Fury style ) ...if we don't take chances we could be waiting forever to get to the Premiership...i know there's are patient way & there's a go get it way ...I want to take the chance ......some you win ...some you lose

This is what's known as the semi sober double down.

procdoc

Are you on drugs?

Users who are viewing this thread