Drama queens (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Grendel

I thought you knew everything. If you do you will know this to be a false statement.

Over 1,000 posts - 400 likes - bit of a cult by all accounts weren’t you?

shmmeee

Yes. If you don't fit in a box there is no immediate help. And the virus has brought problems not considered before. And in the last year there has been a massive influx of people into the area so there is now a lack of affordable housing. Put both together and you have a problem. Then add personal situations.

Sounds like you’re doing gods work mate. Amazing how when we feel like we need help the answer is often focusing on the needs of others.

Being a teacher in a shitty area opened my eyes to what a lot of people are going through and a mate who has his problems has to rely on the kindness of services like the ones you’re helping. So many people fall through the cracks at the best of times, I shudder to think what’s happened this year.

Grendel

I see you are still the nasty little old angry man full of self importance.

Give it a rest. Or is it your aim to try and send people over the top?

I’m as laid back as anything

Ready
Steady
Go!

BornSlippySkyBlue

Quite a large amount of people. Many that would previously have got help now fall through the gaps. And it is getting worse.

I am dreading the next few years. These lockdowns will have to be paid for. The Tories won't want to raise tax. How many more services can they cut?
And yet you still see people blaming the homeless and saying stuff like “there’s loads of help available they’re just too lazy to look for it” and my personal favourite “they make £20 an hour begging, why bother getting a job”. 😡

Fair play for getting involved, shame so many people need to in one of the richest countries on the planet.

Astute

Over 1,000 posts - 400 likes - bit of a cult by all accounts weren’t you?
Joined ages ago. Go to Sunderland games with mates on occasions.

How about mentioning when I last posted on there. Or doesn't it go with what you have said?

Astute

And yet you still see people blaming the homeless and saying stuff like “there’s loads of help available they’re just too lazy to look for it” and my personal favourite “they make £20 an hour begging, why bother getting a job”. 😡

Fair play for getting involved, shame so many people need to in one of the richest countries on the planet.
It was accidental. I drive a large estate so thought I could make use out of my car. But many people have stopped helping because of their age and the virus. So one thing led to another. Once my police check was done there was more I was available for. Then I got to see the hardship people are going through. Sometimes it is heartbreaking. But I have been amazed at the amount of people that give up their spare time for others. Some even need help themselves but put others first.

Skyblueweeman

Had a good laugh to myself on some of them. Even where a few had gone on about another defeat and why we didn't score after the rest have said about an equaliser 😅

Maybe it is just a sign of the times. Been a tough year for most. And now the negativity has spread. I know the feeling as ended up in a bad place myself. But this year has taught an old dog many lessons. My biggest problem now is there's not enough hours in each day.

Hope you're feeling better Astute. Proper shit year for everyone. We've been affected greatly in our household.

Proper test of resolve and resilience. Im sure many will come out of this stronger.

Brighton Sky Blue

Lovely to see a meeting of minds.

I am right though. Wanted the manager sacked to appear clever as you assumed results would stay bad. Then when he embraced Jackett ball you forgot about it and played Uno reverse. If we get a few bad results coming up you’ll be back to another taxi thread

Astute

Sounds like you’re doing gods work mate. Amazing how when we feel like we need help the answer is often focusing on the needs of others.

Being a teacher in a shitty area opened my eyes to what a lot of people are going through and a mate who has his problems has to rely on the kindness of services like the ones you’re helping. So many people fall through the cracks at the best of times, I shudder to think what’s happened this year.
I don't know how we have let it go so far. How can any Tory voters be happy with the situation.

I suppose you see the children who don't eat properly. No money for clothes. Mothers getting out of violent relationships being told they intentionally made themselves homeless. Having to wait for financial help. Just starting a new job as lockdown happened then not able to catch up financially. And now not being able to afford heating. And this is just a few problems and only families.

We have become a mess.

Astute

Hope you're feeling better Astute. Proper shit year for everyone. We've been affected greatly in our household.

Proper test of resolve and resilience. Im sure many will come out of this stronger.
I am great thanks. Just wish I could say the same for everyone else. It takes a toll on your mind but you need to do your best then relax. Just someone saying thank you is enough for me.

shmmeee

I don't know how we have let it go so far. How can any Tory voters be happy with the situation.

I suppose you see the children who don't eat properly. No money for clothes. Mothers getting out of violent relationships being told they intentionally made themselves homeless. Having to wait for financial help. Just starting a new job as lockdown happened then not able to catch up financially. And now not being able to afford heating. And this is just a few problems and only families.

We have become a mess.

I don’t think it’s a new thing TBH. Nothing makes you left wing quicker than seeing the full spectrum of humanity and how the state fails them. My Mum was telling me these sorts of stories when she was a college lecturer and adult students were dropping out so they didn’t lose their dole, or whatever.

I honestly don’t get how you can become a politician and not see it and care though. The likes of Rees-Mogg must go out of their way to avoid poor and vulnerable people.

Mucca Mad Boys

The match threads are hilarious. It's meltdown central at times and by the end of the game there are usually at least a couple of dozen eggs left on faces.

Imagine slagging off the manager for bringing on a CB for an underperforming player and he goes on to get an assist for the equaliser?

Football fans, in general, are way too emotional to look at things objectively.

As long as the outcome is a reasonably positive one, I’m happy.

robbiethemole

I know the feeling as ended up in a bad place myself

Well ffs, you were on the Sunderland board, so what did you expect other than doom and gloom and delusions of grandeur.

Welcome back to your own madhouse mate, hope you find comfort from being amongst friends PUSB

Astute

Well ffs, you were on the Sunderland board, so what did you expect other than doom and gloom and delusions of grandeur.

Welcome back to your own madhouse mate, hope you find comfort from being amongst friends PUSB
I let them know about 3 players they signed that we knew about. They thought Burge was great. And as I said left them alone when he hit his normal form.

And what has it got to do with anyone what I do anyway. I am an adult. If I don't do anything immoral or illegal it is my choice what I do with my time. Idiots telling me what I can and can't do won't register with me anymore. Life is too short.

Brighton Sky Blue

I am great thanks. Just wish I could say the same for everyone else. It takes a toll on your mind but you need to do your best then relax. Just someone saying thank you is enough for me.

I haven’t forgotten either that you donated to Mind after that monstrous walk some time ago. They’ve probably never been so busy as this year

Astute

I haven’t forgotten either that you donated to Mind after that monstrous walk some time ago. They’ve probably never been so busy as this year
Yes a very deserving charity. They need all the help they can get. And donations are down as help needed goes up.

Any ideas on a new trek?

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes a very deserving charity. They need all the help they can get. And donations are down as help needed goes up.

Any ideas on a new trek?

The original trek was actually a shortened one because of time constraints. I’ve always wanted to fill in the gap, about 300 miles. Sadly my belly is rounder and I’m less resilient than I was then. I still go down to Brighton just to repeat the first leg of it sometimes, it’s therapeutic

procdoc

I hope you’re doing better now Astute. It’s been an awful year for me too mate. I got made redundant in February and was very lucky to land a new job a couple of weeks before the lockdown. Lost an auntie just prior to COVID and I was also in hospital with COVID myself in September.
The only highlight of the year was City going up so that’s why I will defend Robins and get defensive when people criticise his management. He’s our king and he’s one of our greatest of all time.

Brighton Sky Blue

It all makes my little mishap when I followed through after a dodgy curry on the new fabric sofa , my wife raging as she wanted leather , we have not spoke for 2 days , I am not joking either

My OH put dinner on last night and overcooked it. When she realised she chucked it all in the sink and had a go for not helping, then escalated and she said she didn’t want to get hitched anymore. Crazy what prolonged stress does to people.

BackRoomRummermill

My OH put dinner on last night and overcooked it. When she realised she chucked it all in the sink and had a go for not helping, then escalated and she said she didn’t want to get hitched anymore. Crazy what prolonged stress does to people.

without sounding sexist I am having to worm my way back round her , you know usual things like go into the toilet to break wind and the like.

Astute

The original trek was actually a shortened one because of time constraints. I’ve always wanted to fill in the gap, about 300 miles. Sadly my belly is rounder and I’m less resilient than I was then. I still go down to Brighton just to repeat the first leg of it sometimes, it’s therapeutic
Let me know and will support your cause 👍

I am slimish now. Running around all the time has helped me lose about 2 stone. Only about 16 and half stone now.

Astute

I hope you’re doing better now Astute. It’s been an awful year for me too mate. I got made redundant in February and was very lucky to land a new job a couple of weeks before the lockdown. Lost an auntie just prior to COVID and I was also in hospital with COVID myself in September.
The only highlight of the year was City going up so that’s why I will defend Robins and get defensive when people criticise his management. He’s our king and he’s one of our greatest of all time.
Like I said I am in a good place now. Getting to see my youngest two kids and wife in a couple of weeks for the first time in nearly 6 months.

Sorry to hear about your own problems. Yes it has been a very testing time. But hopefully we will start getting back to normal by about next summer.

And as for those who think they can do a better job than Robins...... 🤣 Just shows how deluded some people are. They have gone from knowing it was going to be a really hard season to saying we should go on full attack. One minute our available strikers are shite then the next minute they would score the goals that would win us games. Somehow they forget the results where we have attacked and forget the results we have got since playing a different formation.....yet before these games they were going on about not knowing where the next points were coming from.

shmmeee

Like I said I am in a good place now. Getting to see my youngest two kids and wife in a couple of weeks for the first time in nearly 6 months.

Sorry to hear about your own problems. Yes it has been a very testing time. But hopefully we will start getting back to normal by about next summer.

And as for those who think they can do a better job than Robins...... 🤣 Just shows how deluded some people are. They have gone from knowing it was going to be a really hard season to saying we should go on full attack. One minute our available strikers are shite then the next minute they would score the goals that would win us games. Somehow they forget the results where we have attacked and forget the results we have got since playing a different formation.....yet before these games they were going on about not knowing where the next points were coming from.

Hey come on now, this was such a nice thread. ;)

Astute

Women are strange creatures at the best of times.

Took me years and many failed attempts to find the right one. The right one ended up being someone I knew for years but we never got on at all. Only ever put up with 2 women for more than 3 months.

clint van damme

Took me years and many failed attempts to find the right one. The right one ended up being someone I knew for years but we never got on at all. Only ever put up with 2 women for more than 3 months.

think you've got that the wrong way round mate!

Brighton Sky Blue

I know she appreciates all the little gestures but periodically I leave something out/don’t wash up and she flips a lid. To be honest two full time teachers probably are going to have to accept a dirty house at busy times but she burns herself out trying to do it all.

Astute

think you've got that the wrong way round mate!
With me what they see is what they get. With a woman you get someone trying to be nice but their guard always seems to drop at just before 3 months.

But the change once the ring is on the finger 😲

Brighton Sky Blue

With me what they see is what they get. With a woman you get someone trying to be nice but their guard always seems to drop at just before 3 months.

But the change once the ring is on the finger 😲

Been with Mrs BSB for over 8 years now. Still keeps offering cups of tea despite knowing I hate the stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread