Drama queens (1 Viewer)

Astute

Had a bad day yesterday. Have decided to take my foot off the gas and relax for a couple of days and recharge my batteries. So I got a couple of litres of Baileys and a couple of litres of Tia Maria and settled down to a good old girls drink.

I soon got bored. Not used to looking at 4 walls by myself. I ended up on here looking at many of the posts and threads I have missed. There is some right comedy gold. Then you have the drama queens out in force.

I could make a list of those who just a few weeks ago didn't have a clue about where our next point was going to come from. But with a total change of tactics we have put points on the board. But those who couldn't see where the next point was coming from are now saying we would most probably have got more points in the last 4 games if we had continued to play the same attacking football.

What has happened this year on here?

Last season the same thing happened. We were crap. Don't know where the next win will come from. Let's get a taxi for Robins and all that kind of shite.

I actually found it all amusing. So thanks for cheering me up.

But going forward we need points. We don't have the players for pretty football in the Championship. We do have a few players that can cause problems for our opposition though. It can even games out where our opposition has spent millions on several players. It stops them from playing their normal game.

So over to you for the silly replies drama queens 👸

Astute

The match threads are hilarious. It's meltdown central at times and by the end of the game there are usually at least a couple of dozen eggs left on faces.
Had a good laugh to myself on some of them. Even where a few had gone on about another defeat and why we didn't score after the rest have said about an equaliser 😅

Maybe it is just a sign of the times. Been a tough year for most. And now the negativity has spread. I know the feeling as ended up in a bad place myself. But this year has taught an old dog many lessons. My biggest problem now is there's not enough hours in each day.

Bristol sky blue

The match threads are hilarious. It's meltdown central at times and by the end of the game there are usually at least a couple of dozen eggs left on faces.
I've not got iFollow this year so read the match threads here each game. Thoroughly enjoyed switching between our forum and a Derby forum on Tues night: one minute they were praising Rooney's bold selections and many on here were slating Robins's tactics, then Wazza was a clueless idiot and Robins praised for rotating the squad effectively etc.

Personally, after conceding all those goals early in the season I think results are more important than performances at the moment. (easy to say when you've not forked out for iFollow, I know...) There's no use being involved in entertaining games like the Watford one if you come away with nothing. We seem to be developing the ability to hang on in there in games, which is encouraging.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't think anyone had any expectations this season really. When you watch the games and see our players though, you could see to start with that we were competing, we were just doing silly things in every game.

It's a bit different now. We have sorted some of the mistakes out and tightened up. The Derby game was one of the worst games I have seen this season and I think when the line is that close it gets frustrating for a lot of people. I hadn't believed we would beat them 10-0 or anything, but in the second half you could see the sanity drain from a lot of people on here. They looked pretty shit and we started to drop off a cliff. The manager reacted too late, and the changes he made were baffling. I think people can be forgiven for having a rant when they've paid money to watch and you have certain players who genuinely don't look like they were trying very hard.

Hopefully Rotherham will be better.

Covkid1968#

Had a bad day yesterday. Have decided to take my foot off the gas and relax for a couple of days and recharge my batteries. So I got a couple of litres of Baileys and a couple of litres of Tia Maria and settled down to a good old girls drink.

I soon got bored. Not used to looking at 4 walls by myself. I ended up on here looking at many of the posts and threads I have missed. There is some right comedy gold. Then you have the drama queens out in force.

I could make a list of those who just a few weeks ago didn't have a clue about where our next point was going to come from. But with a total change of tactics we have put points on the board. But those who couldn't see where the next point was coming from are now saying we would most probably have got more points in the last 4 games if we had continued to play the same attacking football.

What has happened this year on here?

Last season the same thing happened. We were crap. Don't know where the next win will come from. Let's get a taxi for Robins and all that kind of shite.

I actually found it all amusing. So thanks for cheering me up.

But going forward we need points. We don't have the players for pretty football in the Championship. We do have a few players that can cause problems for our opposition though. It can even games out where our opposition has spent millions on several players. It stops them from playing their normal game.

So over to you for the silly replies drama queens 👸
Can’t stand TiaMaria.... but Was it Baileys or was it a cheap alternative?
I cut down on beer as I found it only made me feel worse about some really small significant stuff....but quickly established that it made not one bit of difference!!!! But I did save money which I invested in crap I don’t need!!

Astute

Sunderland forum?

(only playing mate, hope you’re doing OK, been a hell of a year for mental health this)
It had got to me. Hardly seen wife and kids since the start of the year since the mother in laws funeral who died on boxing day. Had a rough couple of years.

But several months ago I got involved in the dark side of charity work. It showed me my problems are not as such. Mine are just temporary. My anger has gone. Hopefully it will make me a better person. I knew it was bad. But it ends up I knew nothing. This government and the virus has caused untold misery and damage. But enough of that because I am supposed to be recharging my batteries.

Oh yeah football and poor tactics. Be kind please. It is only football.

Astute

Can’t stand TiaMaria.... but Was it Baileys or was it a cheap alternative?
I cut down on beer as I found it only made me feel worse about some really small significant stuff....but quickly established that it made not one bit of difference!!!! But I did save money which I invested in crap I don’t need!!
Baileys. On special offer in supermarkets. £12 a litre. Mixes excellent with Tia Maria and a little ice 🧊 Also been using Baileys as my milk in coffee when I finally get home but got to stay awake.

It’sabatch87

Baileys. On special offer in supermarkets. £12 a litre. Mixes excellent with Tia Maria and a little ice 🧊 Also been using Baileys as my milk in coffee when I finally get home but got to stay awake.
Lidl’s own Deluxe Irish liqueur cream is the dogs £6.99 and better than the original imo.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Baileys makes me feel sick ever since we tried mixing it with lager (15 at the time) one New Year’s Eve. It curdled and formed a layer of crap on top but obviously being 15 we drank it anyway. Never had a hangover like that since. (Well, maybe once or twice).

Anyway, I think the match threads reflect the fact that we’ve had a shit year, everyone is watching at home so easier to keep posting (and drinking), we’ve been used to winning and playing nice football, and everyone’s on edge about going straight back down.

Also many younger fans won’t remember the annual struggle to stay in the top flight so it’s a relatively new experience for them. It’s easy to lose your shit at a match and you can take it out by hurling abuse at the officials, other team / fans (and in some cases our own players), whereas at home you either kick the cat, tell the Mrs and kids to fuck off or take it out on the matchday thread. My cats are too old to kick, I don’t talk to the Mrs and I quite like the kids (usually), so you fuckers get it instead.

clint van damme

But several months ago I got involved in the dark side of charity work. It showed me my problems are not as such. Mine are just temporary. My anger has gone. Hopefully it will make me a better person. I knew it was bad. But it ends up I knew nothing. This government and the virus has caused untold misery and damage. But enough of that because I am supposed to be recharging my batteries.

Oh yeah football and poor tactics. Be kind please. It is only football.

I've either misunderstood the wording of that or it's got Panorama special written all over it.

The Great Eastern

I like to mix Baileys with a smaller portion of Cointreau and ice. Nightmare for my blood sugar levels but so fucking tasty. I'll try it with Tia Maria this weekend.

Astute

I've either misunderstood the wording of that or it's got Panorama special written all over it.
I use the word dark because some of the things I have become involved in are shocking. It all came about when I offered my services to several charities when I had lots of time on my hands. I originally offered my services as a driver but have become more involved as time goes by.

Astute

Well I assume he just quit the Sunderland forum
I thought you knew everything. If you do you will know this to be a false statement.

So how is the taxi for Robins doing? You have been trying to call one for over a year as he is a poor manager.

Astute

I'll bet my house that Tesco own label Irish Cream is Baileys under a different banner. Its proportionately cheaper even when u can buy proper Baileys at £12 a litre.
A mate of mine bought a bottle from Tescos ages ago. Yellow labels IIRC. Much lower alcohol content and lack of taste.

I stick to Baileys as I love it in my coffee.

The Great Eastern

A mate of mine bought a bottle from Tescos ages ago. Yellow labels IIRC. Much lower alcohol content and lack of taste.

I stick to Baileys as I love it in my coffee.
Things must have changed since then as both Baileys and Tesco version are 17%. Bought an Asda variant last week. Drinkable but it was 15%.

clint van damme

I use the word dark because some of the things I have become involved in are shocking. It all came about when I offered my services to several charities when I had lots of time on my hands. I originally offered my services as a driver but have become more involved as time goes by.

Shocking as in some of the problems of the people you are helping?

Astute

Things must have changed since then as both Baileys and Tesco version are 17%. Bought an Asda variant last week. Drinkable but it was 15%.
Have both Tesco and Asda near me. Will take a look next time I am in.

BackRoomRummermill

I stopped the booze in March best thing I ever did lost weight saved money and will live a lot longer for it what’s not to like , l do much more in life, I was not an alcoholic just the usual weekend warrior , I think how much money I pissed against a wall over the years . I still have a good time my life is not down graded . No hangovers too , it’s brill

Astute

Shocking as in some of the problems of the people you are helping?
Yes. If you don't fit in a box there is no immediate help. And the virus has brought problems not considered before. And in the last year there has been a massive influx of people into the area so there is now a lack of affordable housing. Put both together and you have a problem. Then add personal situations.

BackRoomRummermill

Yes. If you don't fit in a box there is no immediate help. And the virus has brought problems not considered before. And in the last year there has been a massive influx of people into the area so there is now a lack of affordable housing. Put both together and you have a problem. Then add personal situations.
The off the RADAR people , not knowing which way to turn ?

Johhny Blue

I stopped the booze in March best thing I ever did lost weight saved money and will live a lot longer for it what’s not to like , l do much more in life, I was not an alcoholic just the usual weekend warrior , I think how much money I pissed against a wall over the years . I still have a good time my life is not down graded . No hangovers too , it’s brill
How do you expect us to ever understand your point of view again?

Astute

The off the RADAR people , not knowing which way to turn ?
Quite a large amount of people. Many that would previously have got help now fall through the gaps. And it is getting worse.

I am dreading the next few years. These lockdowns will have to be paid for. The Tories won't want to raise tax. How many more services can they cut?

Brighton Sky Blue

I thought you knew everything. If you do you will know this to be a false statement.

So how is the taxi for Robins doing? You have been trying to call one for over a year as he is a poor manager.

Yes he has seen a chance to again be the forum smart arse so Kenny Jackett is long forgotten.

Users who are viewing this thread