Doug King Takeover (4 Viewers)

chiefdave

If that is the case, why would the club be expecting clearance from the EFL?
I mean, why even pretend, knowing it will be exposed?
I guess they're working on the basis that its the club not the owner who the regulations apply to and there's obviously an exemption in place (assuming I'm right about the regulations, not 100% on that but sure I remember something from when we were on our tour of other grounds) which would also apply no matter who owns the club as at the moment we only have a deal to the end of the season.

Grendel

May I refer the honourable gentleman to exhibit A

black and white vintage GIF

Offhegoes

F*ck me. It's emotionally exhausting supporting this club. Couldn't wait for the season to start and then we got the O'Hare transfer rumours a few days before the Sunderland game. Then he's out for 3 months with injury. Then it's the pitch fiasco. We finally get going, O'Hare is back, Wasps leave, only for us to fail to secure the stadium. Now we lose O'Hare for the season, and the takeover is starting to falter, and we have a threadbare squad, and are seemingly unable to move out the likes of Waghorn, Walker and Kane who rarely play, but are probably the top earners. Couldn't make it up.

Samo

F*ck me. It's emotionally exhausting supporting this club. Couldn't wait for the season to start and then we got the O'Hare transfer rumours a few days before the Sunderland game. Then he's out for 3 months with injury. Then it's the pitch fiasco. We finally get going, O'Hare is back, Wasps leave, only for us to fail to secure the stadium. Now we lose O'Hare for the season, and the takeover is starting to falter, and we have a threadbare squad, and are seemingly unable to move out the likes of Waghorn, Walker and Kane who rarely play, but are probably the top earners. Couldn't make it up.

Other than that it's all good. 🥴

slowpoke

I heard the same
Very big offer from Burnley
Terrible for everyone concerned but especially for COH
Football can be cruel
Where did you hear that ? Mark Robins has said quit clearly he has spoken to Vik & O’Hare (pre-injury) and neither are going anywhere in January.

Brighton Sky Blue

Where did you hear that ? Mark Robins has said quit clearly he has spoken to Vik & O’Hare (pre-injury) and neither are going anywhere in January.
This is surely contingent on a takeover happening which now looks like it's stalled at best. If it doesn't we're left with skint owners and vultures circling. A half decent bid for Gyo and he's out

slowpoke

This is surely contingent on a takeover happening which now looks like it's stalled at best. If it doesn't we're left with skint owners and vultures circling. A half decent bid for Gyo and he's out
Why is it. If Robins has said they are going nowhere is he a potential liar then Sepalla will handbag the money as she always does, MR knows that, we will just have to limp along to the summer that’s IF a takeover doesn’t happen

Brighton Sky Blue

Why is it. If Robins has said they are going nowhere is he a potential liar then Sepalla will handbag the money as she always does, MR knows that, we will just have to limp along to the summer that’s IF a takeover doesn’t happen
Robins probably thought Hyam was going nowhere until we needed cash and Blackburn were willing to pay. SISU can't or won't put anything else in-if they're still here and bills need paying, players have to be sold and we're down to just one who is of any value.

Matt smith

Season revolves around takeover

we’ll bring in loans regardless

hopefully it goes through so we can sign some permanent players

nicksar

When ever a player has left have you seen money forthcoming to purchace an adequate replacement.We usually get someone who is younger and weakens an already weak squad.
In the recent past that has been the case but my comment was in response to another post,ie when Vik goes I feel MR will leave at the earliest opportunity but lf he gets enough to buy a decent replacement that may not be the case.

itsabuzzard

Unless Robins is taking the club over then it's not his place to say the big G's staying. Naive to think otherwise. It's more likely he's saying, in a roundabout way, that if he's sold, he's off too.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

slowpoke

Unless Robins is taking the club over then it's not his place to say the big G's staying. Naive to think otherwise. It's more likely he's saying, in a roundabout way, that if he's sold, he's off too.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
Of course it is, he’s the boss ffs!
No one dare go against him unless they sack him and Boddy or Fisher ain’t got the bottle to do that

Hobo

Well he can’t but perhaps he’s been asked to sort that security before a takeover and frankly I’d support that all the way

So you are saying the EFL are insisting he breaks their own rules?
You really are comedy gold at times. Yet insightful at others.

Hobo

I have heard that rhetoric from so many managers and owners. Football Club governance is a fluid situation like all businesses. It will depend on the offer coming in and who we are trying to bring in, who we can or can't off load.

We are a wheeling and dealing club, just like every other club.

Grendel

So you are saying the EFL are insisting he breaks their own rules?
You really are comedy gold at times. Yet insightful at others.

what rules?

Happy_Martian

This was three weeks after he declared himself.
I can remember Gilbert asking if the EFL request had gone in after around two weeks,not recieving a response.

Guessing that info will have come from the club rather than the EFL as they don't tend to respond to questions like "When's this going to be done by?" And for all we know, the EFL may be wanting further info from the other parties and that might not have been forthcoming.

All is conjecture at the end of the day. This forum is great at speculating and getting itself worked up over nothing. We don't know what we don't know.

Next game is Sunday. It's New Year in a matter of hours. So as a final sentiment for 2022, log off, go be with real people (half the members here are probably AI chatbots ... well Grendel certainly is with the speed he does past searches for members quotes ;) just kidding G :) ), have a drink and celebrate the end of another year with hope for the year to come.

As always #PUSB

Last edited:

Johhny Blue

Guessing that info will have come from the club rather than the EFL as they don't tend to respond to questions like "When's this going to be done by?" And for all we know, the EFL may be wanting further info from the other parties and that might not have been forthcoming.

All is conjecture at the end of the day. This forum is great at speculating and getting itself worked up over nothing. We don't know what we don't know.

Next game is Monday. It's New Year in a matter of hours. So as a final sentiment for 2022, log off, go be with real people (half the members here are probably AI chatbots ... well Grendel certainly is with the speed he does past searches for members quotes ;) just kidding G :) ), have a drink and celebrate the end of another year with hope for the year to come.

As always #PUSB
Next game is Monday? I forecast a flood of bets coming in on Sunday night

Grendel

King can’t do anything to do with the club until he’s passed the test.

A test which I assume includes cash flow forecasts?

Happy_Martian

Next game is Monday? I forecast a flood of bets coming in on Sunday night

Genuinely thought football was off on NYD and would be played on Bank Holiday Monday.

Gonna blame my meds and not that I'm getting stupider as I get older :p

Original message fixed.

Thanks and have a happy and prosperous New Year.

Users who are viewing this thread