Doug King Takeover (2 Viewers)

My thoughts:

1. Mike Ashley ( backed by council ) gets preferred bid status on arena and exclusivity by paying 1.2m which expires 10.30am tomorrow
2.Ashley gets stadium without challenge - then sets his sights on buying CCFC off SISU but at a distressed rate
3. SISU know the Council will never let them near owning the stadium - so they wait until the last minute and announce a new owner (Doug King) of CCFC
4.Ashley has now 2 choices - (a) does he want to own a yearly loss making stadium without owning CCFC as if he wants CCFC he will have to pay him big bucks ( far more than he was intending ) or (b) he pulls out of the deal leaving new owner King to do a deal with Council now SISU out of equation

Clever move by SISU as fucks up council stitch up with MA and with 15% SISU still get profit if we keep big 3 players and add a bit of quality and get promoted . If they don’t get their way don’t be surprised if Doug says we are building the fantasy island stadium at Warwick Uni

Interesting Times 🤔

GaryPendrysEyes

Giving up control to someone else is one hell of a game to play.

SISU chief executive Joy Seppala said: "This is a fantastic moment for Coventry City - and the city. I know that Doug has long been an admirer of the Sky Blues.

"He shares our ambition to deliver the most successful football club possible, to climb the football pyramid, and invest both on and off the field.

"The sale of the CBS Arena does provide short-term uncertainty and with Doug on board we intend to set out a robust bid for the stadium which, if successful, will provide a platform for long-term success."

This has a smell of Joy still pulling the strings.

Samo

Just woke up from a little doze... or did I? Am I awake now or what????

Londonccfcfan

Not if we find ourselves in a fight with a billionaire and our new saviour's idea is to threaten withdrawing the club if he wins. Or suppose we end up renting from someone who could have owned us instead.

My gut feeling is they've made a huge strategic error not far off what they did 8 years ago.

EFL will do their due dilligence, surely a takeover is just that.

Nick

Administrator
My thoughts:

1. Mike Ashley ( backed by council ) gets preferred bid status on arena and exclusivity by paying 1.2m which expires 10.30am tomorrow
2.Ashley gets stadium without challenge - then sets his sights on buying CCFC off SISU but at a distressed rate
3. SISU know the Council will never let them near owning the stadium - so they wait until the last minute and announce a new owner (Doug King) of CCFC
4.Ashley has now 2 choices - (a) does he want to own a yearly loss making stadium without owning CCFC as if he wants CCFC he will have to pay him big bucks ( far more than he was intending ) or (b) he pulls out of the deal leaving new owner King to do a deal with Council now SISU out of equation

Clever move by SISU as fucks up council stitch up with MA and with 15% SISU still get profit if we keep big 3 players and add a bit of quality and get promoted . If they don’t get their way don’t be surprised if Doug says we are building the fantasy island stadium at Warwick Uni

Interesting Times 🤔

Thats the way I see it too.

Leaves Ashley with a decision about buying the stadium with potentially no CCFC.

ccfc922

Just had a thought, do we reckon Sisu still have part control because of their link to Warwick Uni the site of “the new stadium”. Could that then become a reality if we dont get the CBS. Its a bit odd to not buy the full 100%

My initial thought with selling 85% was the club would be worth significantly more if we fluked the PL. Less risk getting there, more gain cashing out?

Nsgdm1

Not necessarily, but when someone says that huge debts have disappeared like magic I find it surprising
Maybe he is a SISU investor and he is calling in debt or guarantees owed to himself ,the only way SISU can fulfill any obligation is give over this share of CCFC and to write off the debt.

mark82

Not necessarily, but when someone says that huge debts have disappeared like magic I find it surprising

Presumably in exchange for money. He's allegedly invested £70m locally, if that's true don't think wiping Sisu debt would be that big a stretch.

wisewel

I cannot believe everyone is buying this utter bullshit,nots typical tactics from the corrupt world of football, a random stranger whos partner has a brother on the board of directors for sisu decides to put in a bid despite the fact he has ko interest in football.

Next you will all he telling me awarding the world cup to quatar was a fair and democratic pricess

ccfc922

Quite a bit. Articles in the FT. Talk from Simon Jordan. Other parties saying they had contact (Dawkins, etc). Rumours of investors being present at games.

As always with CCFC, hearsay.

This has come as a complete shock I'd say to all of us.

I just pray it's for the benefit of CCFC, not another false dawn.

Brighton Sky Blue

Quite a bit. Articles in the FT. Talk from Simon Jordan. Other parties saying they had contact (Dawkins, etc). Rumours of investors being present at games.

Any articles linking this specific individual? Nobody had heard of him until the club statement.

shmmeee

My thoughts:

Interesting Times 🤔

Why not just cut out the middle man and sell to Ashley?

shmmeee

I cannot believe everyone is buying this utter bullshit,nots typical tactics from the corrupt world of football, a random stranger whos partner has a brother on the board of directors for sisu decides to put in a bid despite the fact he has ko interest in football.

Next you will all he telling me awarding the world cup to quatar was a fair and democratic pricess

Welcome to the forum

ccfc922

Was with you, then see you signed up 4 mins ago...

Nick

Administrator

New account?

Usually a sure fire sign.

Users who are viewing this thread