Doug King Takeover (7 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator

You would think they would just extend exclusivity?

coop

Think this has come at a strange time and do think that maybe Ashley was going to try for the club after getting the CBS.

Brighton Sky Blue

Why wouldn't they tell Ashley that?

I find it hard to believe they haven't been in touch with him, directly or indirectly. And if they haven't, and their plan was for another of the hedge fund community to try and compete with him, they're worse at their jobs than I thought.

GaryJones

I mean, no sisu = good, but where the fuck does this leave us with Ashley and the stadium?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I think they will now get the stadium too. Pressure is on to make sure the football club own the stadium that was built for them in the first place - I think an awful lot of moral pressure will be applied to the administrators by both the club/new owner and the council.
I think this would be a “get out of jail free” card for the council!!!
As long as they come up with a competitive bid (I think they will) I think things will tip in their favour.
For me this is the best news possible - I feel we are on the up anyway and this COULD be the launch pad to “Operation Premiership””.

Nick

Administrator
I find it hard to believe they haven't been in touch with him, directly or indirectly. And if they haven't, and their plan was for another of the hedge fund community to try and compete with him, they're worse at their jobs than I thought.

Compete with him for what?

The club?

David O'Day

Just coincidence, nothing to see, move along......

SISU

RCMA

SHUNT31

I agree that an equity bid suggests an offer to buy ACL solvently which could potentially take the court out of the equation ie court not willing to pass judgement tomorrow/possible adjournment maybe. Who knows. Taking the stadium on with 35m of bondholder debt attached to it doesn’t really make sense though

Let’s see how tomorrow plays out…interesting times

Long term though, is £35m really that expensive to secure the football clubs home for 242 years?

Also, the stadium is worth more to the club than any third party.

David O'Day

AFCCOVENTRY

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where DOUGLAS holds a current appointment equals £17m, a combined total current assets value of £52m with a total current liabilities of £32m and a total current net worth of £31m. Roles associated with Mr Douglas Richard John King within the recorded businesses include: Director, Llp Designated Member

David O'Day

So do 100+ other companies. Could be a coincidence, could not be.
Do they though? Not what i can see

Brighton Sky Blue

Compete with him for what?

The club?

The stadium. If there's a consensus that Ashley wanted the club as well, but his only crime is to have dealt with the council to get the stadium, it's pissing away a better opportunity not just for CCFC but SISU as well.

If Ashley offers more for the stadium he's getting it and will be quite happy to call their bluff if it comes to threats to pull the club out of the city again.

tisza

Smart guy. Finance man. Don't get distracted by the rapeseed as that is going to be a huge business ( only in it's early stages and he's got in early).

Londonccfcfan

For those asking about the cash....

From the statement on BBC:

"King is chief executive of Stratford-upon-Avon based oilseed processing facility Yelo Enterprises, who have invested more than £70m in the region.

He previously founded investment firm RCMA Capital LLP - which has overseas investments of more than £400m - and of which he remains majority owner."

He may have a few quid to his name :) £6.50 in loose change and a packet of Cheese and Onion Crisps :p

Overseeing investments of £400m is literally fuck all.

But this is incredible news, hearts literally racing.

Users who are viewing this thread