Doug King Takeover (6 Viewers)

Briles

Maybe Dougs doing a Robert Jarni. Buy the club so council will deal with him re the stadium, then sell the club back to sisu at a profit 😜

covcity4life

It's a step in the right direction which is always worth celebrating.

We all want sisu out of the club and for us to own the arena. we've got one of them now.

It's like saying "I won't celebrate L1 promotion because I want to be in the EPL"
Sisu saved us. Forever grateful

3 cheers for sisu!

Nick

Administrator
Some of the strange council accounts on Twitter aren't happy.

It's strange as most people seem over the moon.

Sky Blue Harry H

Can flap it all day but I've a feeling that no contract we can offer will keep the lad here , we need to cash in as soon as an acceptable offer comes in

Worth the gamble to hold until the summer don't you think? Burnley aside, it's an average league this season. If we keep the team intact (maybe a signing or two?_ and we'd have a fighting chance of a tilt for the play offs, and the second place isn't impossible.

SAJ

So is this Joy bringing in someone to be the acceptable face of a SISU play for the arena?

I have serious doubts that this guy is either a) independently wealthy enough to do everything needed here at CCFC or b) fully independent of SISU.
Based on

Brighton Sky Blue

Worth the gamble to hold until the summer don't you think? Burnley aside, it's an average league this season. If we keep the team intact (maybe a signing or two?_ and we'd have a fighting chance of a tilt for the play offs, and the second place isn't impossible.

I suppose in his mind he'll worry about staying here till the summer then getting some kind of injury or loss of form that costs him a move. Looking at it from his perspective, it wouldn't make much sense to stay if you were getting the right offers already.

no_loyalty

Yeah it feels like this is just a move to force hands and call bluffs. If the stadium does end up in MA's hands will the talks regarding the takeover suddenly 'break down.'

This is a worry that Sisu are just using this guy, probably already mates with Joy.

Nick

Administrator
My thinking is that they knew Ashley was going to be in for the club after the stadium with the council standing behind him.

They have taken the club option away from him so it means Ashley is going to be buying a stadium with potentially no football club. I wouldn't be surprised if they have said the club will be moved if Ashley takes over it.

Leaves Ashley with an empty stadium.

They then hope Ashley pulls out or cuts them in.

David O'Day

Is it though? Says Doug King not the Hedge fund he leads. Fingers crossed he's just a rich fecker who wants a new hobby

The reports talk more of his other businesses so it does sound like it's a personal deal and not a deal via his fund

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah,

When you put it like that.

(puts beer back in fridge).

It leads me to think one of a few things

1. Ashley really was never interested in the club

2. He was, but SISU didn't want to relinquish all control or wanted more than he thought it was worth.

Even when they're finally pissing off they still can't do it right.

KenilworthSkyBlue

My thinking is that they knew Ashley was going to be in for the club after the stadium with the council standing behind him.

They have taken the club option away from him so it means Ashley is going to be buying a stadium with potentially no football club. I wouldn't be surprised if they have said the club will be moved if Ashley takes over it.

This is what concerns me also.

Sky Blue Pete

Similar quotes from both parties. This one that I paraphrased was from Joy

" The sale of the CBS Arena does provide short term uncertainty and with Doug on board we intend to set out a robust bid for the stadium which, if successful, will provide a platform for long-term success. "
Yeah 15% sisu and 85% non sisu

Flying Fokker

All the experts bullshite on the other thread -you know who you are
That is an encouraging press release.

Brighton Sky Blue

He would surely have offered them whatever the Oil King has? Just looks like a massive open goal missed.

Users who are viewing this thread