Doug King Takeover (5 Viewers)

Gynnsthetonic

giphy.gif

Go on DK

Paxman II

I imagine SISU keeping a 15% stake is temporary. Will this guy take the club if they are not successful at getting the stadium? Mike Ashley could up his bid. What are the grounds for being a preferred bidder? is King's bid for the club based on getting the arena?

Are we sure it's nor April fools day tomorrow?

Robinshio

I imagine SISU keeping a 15% stake is temporary. Will this guy take the club if they are not successful at getting the stadium? Mike Ashley could up his bid. What are the grounds for being a preferred bidder? is King's bid for the club based on getting the arena?

Are we sure it's nor April fools day tomorrow?
Did sisu own 100%. Thought brody had a small interest

Liquid Gold

I get it's good new but I dunno. This is the time to get that fucking stadium. I don't feel like celebrating yet.
It's a step in the right direction which is always worth celebrating.

We all want sisu out of the club and for us to own the arena. we've got one of them now.

It's like saying "I won't celebrate L1 promotion because I want to be in the EPL"

Brighton Sky Blue

If that billionaire was actually interested in owning us then he could have made and offer in excess of what the rapeseed guy did instead of pissing about.

Maybe rapeseed guy could have put in a bid for the stadium before the billionaire put down a deposit.

Flying Fokker

This at any other time would have made me very happy, but the timing of this the day before the court rules on the preferred bid reeks of sisu's usual tactics. Nothing is ever straight forward is it.
Unless ACL is being split up? Or Ashley is a decoy so that tomorrow is about liquidation of assets? Cov Council? Never a dull moment nowadays. Like the last 15 years.

Liquid Gold

my reading of 'equity bid' is that they are trying to get a portion of the stadium in tandem without someone else. Could still be Ashley.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Or are SISU using Doug Kings bid to force Mike Ashley's hand into making a bid for the club earlier than he would have wanted to.

People speculated that MA might be planning to get the stadium and sit on it, stressing SISUs income and waiting until the club slump to lower price. If another wealthy owner comes in with 8 years left on the lease that plan wouldn't work.

Very interesting times. I recon there is some 4D chess going on

Yeah it feels like this is just a move to force hands and call bluffs. If the stadium does end up in MA's hands will the talks regarding the takeover suddenly 'break down.'

Users who are viewing this thread