Doug King Takeover (8 Viewers)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
A bit like when you've been out and missed a game, but recorded it, I've just spent an hour and a half reading through the last 9 pages "as live". Only to watch 90 mins of a tedious 0-0 and we're going into extra time.
When we got to the League Cup Semi in '90, I'd asked my dad to record it for me to watch 'as live' after my football game. I came in to realise in horror he'd been recording the wrong channel and he casually goes 'well, it was 0-0 anyway' 😅

SHUNT31

HUGE IF TRUE

88e47aeddf9aad8476f77198face68ac.jpg

MalcSB

Yep, so buy out the bondholder legal position (assume their position) and get a potential £9m back later.
Why do that, it’s not necessary. Bondholders weren’t opposing House of Fraser offer just for the arena, so won’t oppose King’s and will have no further recourse in terms of the arena. When / if PRL buy P shares back, they will get a share of £9m+.

skybluetony176

It was the drinks distributor that sponsored the team not the drink company apparently and the team distanced themselves from him.
Just been doing some extra reading on OMG Rich Energy and things went south midway through last season, they seen the season out as sponsors but it looks like that’s it for the partnership. OMG has declined to comment (other than a statement which says exactly what you say) on the matter but William Storey won’t shut up about it and lays the blame completely on OMG’s shoulders in heavily one sided interviews. Even though it looks like he had no personal involvement in OMG Rich Energy.

Calista

Looking for positives here, and not at all saying I disagree with the negatives. One worry about a change of ownership was the impact on Robins who for all her other faults seems to have a good working relationship with Joy. Her sticking around in some capacity and advising should mean that doesn’t change.
Does MR now identify as a woman?

djr8369

(There’s a book called “Too Big To Fail” about the Financial crisis and every leading up to Leeman’s and Gordon Brown bailing out the banks. For a geeky subject it’s fascinating)

Yeah I love this kind of stuff (no professional connection or experience) and a well researched book would be interesting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread